IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

More from the Blackburn forums:

I know some people get upset when you praise the opposition but BCFC have battered better teams than ours at Ashton Gate over the last few years. They've always looked a bit fragile whenever I've seen them but when they build up a head of steam they can be very difficult to stop. They get a lot of men forward and they have quality players including the lesser-spotted 'pacey winger' of folklore. There's no real shame in losing down there.

Bristol City are a club that have been rebuilding for a few years now - look at how the stadium has been transformed from what it was.  They have been steadily rebuilding on the pitch and played some decent stuff in the second half.  Why anyone should think that going to Bristol and winning would be a formality for a newly promoted club is beyond me.  The second half yesterday was the first time that we have looked second best in any game thus far and to be fair the last two goals came when we were chasing the game and took risks with the number of attacking players we had on the pitch.

What a brown noser 

21 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Some in the Blackburn forum being disrespectful. 

“These sides?! or you for f..ing real.  this is bristol city,  an average championship side that might flirt with the idea of play offs at times but fall short and finish around 7th to 12th.   jesus christ if we cant compete with bristol city lets give up and go home”

better give up and go home then :D

really amazes me people can say things like that after we have tonked them. 

Well five years ago we were a decent league one side flirting with occasional forays into the Championship - so progress I guess. 

21 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just seen the goals again, cracking handball flick by Andi Weimann for Marlon's goal! ;)

Take a look at @Davefevs videos on post 453, Weimann was nowhere near it, their defender got the flick on.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Eh?

great camera work Dave, actually better quality than the official Sky video. :) 

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Take a look at @Davefevs videos on post 453, Weimann was nowhere near it, their defender got the flick on.

Blimey, fair enough chaps. On the sky video it doesn't half look like AW tapped it on with his hand. Great camera work @Davefevs

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not bad with just an iPhone 8+.  For Brownhill’s goal I have 2x tele lens (that makes it 4x zoom). So can get a bit closer.  Would love to have some proper kit...but also don’t want to lug a camera around either!!

Apologies for some of my excitable commentary. ? 

Got to say, we have a perfect position for Eliasson’s inswingers from the LS corner.

Archived