IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

Just now, Jerseybean said:

Unbelievable result. 

We were IMO at best average and poor at times, nevertheless we won convincingly. Three consecutive victories (two of which were away) is very welcome.

What was encouraging was that we were clinical, at least in the second half, scoring three with our only three real chances. I am of course delighted that we won and scored four, even though the overall performance was so dislocated.

Reckon we will play much better this season and lose.

*Cliche alert*

If you can win when not at your best ...

51 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I'm not trying to argue with you, stop sulking.

One corner and one cross that one of our players arguably should have got on the end of, it's not all about the cross. I didn't conveniently ignore anything, I know he didn't make every cross, I just thought I'd list some that weren't so bad.

I am not sulking, I am as I always do trying to give my honest assessment of what I have seen and as poor as his crossing was in the first half it was sublime in the 2nd, with the progress he is making in his all round game, we could have some player on our hands.

Don't be so precious.

We have a bunch of different players who, (while not world beaters) can make a decisive contribution. Blackburn have one, and he didn't play. Blackburn have had a relatively easy run. Won't shock me to see them slipping down the league once they face the better sides more consistently. I think we're doing what we're meant to. Competitive games with everyone, generally beating the teams we should, and you can see the gulf in class when there is one! We still need a midfielder and a keeper to improve. Happy with the direction the club is going in, I like what we're trying to do, but needs investment to see it through.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am not sulking, I am as I always do trying to give my honest assessment of what I have seen and as poor as his crossing was in the first half it was sublime in the 2nd, with the progress he is making in his all round game, we could have some player on our hands.

Don't be so precious.

But you were, you were making childish statements like "you seem to have conveniently forgotten this moment", like we were in an argument.

Anyway, like you, I'm glad his crossing got even better in the second half, and generally our style of play just made much more sense when Diedhiou came on the pitch.

From the Blackburn forums:

Bristol have been carving us open at will.

Bristol better team today but could have 3-0 to either team at HT

Bristol been a far better team today

Second to every ball and losing every 50/50

Did you not see them last season, they played man city of the park in a semi final, had a good league campaign until last 10 games or so. Their a good side. 

Well that was a pile of ****. We had the spell where Bristol should of been punished. Pretty much all the second half we wasn’t at the races.

We ran into a coming into form Bristol City. Didn't take gilt-edged chances to make it 2-0 and 2-2. Their equaliser was a reffing mistake. Onwards and upwards...

•  

Just now, BCFC Richard said:

Did you not see them last season, they played man city of the park in a semi final, had a good league campaign until last 10 games or so. Their a good side. 

Well that was a pile of ****. We had the spell where Bristol should of been punished. Pretty much all the second half we wasn’t at the races.

We ran into a coming into form Bristol City. Didn't take gilt-edged chances to make it 2-0 and 2-2. Their equaliser was a reffing mistake. Onwards and upwards...

•  

You need a bit of luck. In complete fairness, I thought the free kick for 1-1 was very soft, and at first glance Pack looked very close to offside, although the game was won by the latter.

Equally, they had some luck with their goal, that bordered on a fluke. Well deserved the win second half.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

•  

Bit of a compliment to sat we played Man City off the park. 

Couldn't watch the game as abroad but seems Taylor played well again? Tough decision if to drop him for Fammy. 

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Once it went to 2-1 we were very good.

Hopefully that goal does Watkins some good and he starts to prove people wrong.

Gary Owers described it as a very, very composed finish.

His experience at Norwich must have affected his confidence. He needs time and support to get that back.

29 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Gary Owers described it as a very, very composed finish.

His experience at Norwich must have affected his confidence. He needs time and support to get that back.

Bit harsh to suggest from some that it was just a tap in. Yes, he should score, but he has to get there, and I have seen them missed.

Really not sure what he was bringing to the side. Maybe a bit more defensive work than COD, but has drifted through games. Hopefully, it’s a confidence thing, and this will help. In fairness, I thought Pack was totally out of sorts first half, and he is normally Mr Reliable.

2 minutes ago, fatchers said:

I feared the ref would cost us the game in the first half. His two block tackles in the first half were particularly important.

Yep, the ref was shocking and it’s not that often you here a ref getting booed off and ht and booed again when he came out for the second 45...........

Benn painting my porch all afternoon, so just back in playing catch up. Sounds like an excellent result on the back of QPR and Blackburn. Shame the international break has come now - just when we have some momentum.

Anyone still worried where the goals will come from, having lost Reid, Flint and Bryan in the summer? 

Archived