IGNORED

Attendance - Bristol Sport (Merged)

BRIAN WILSON

Well between Friday night and today 46,000 bods at the Gate - Yep sweat the asset called Ashton Gate, and what an asset it is thanks to SL.

If both the football and rugby teams continue to perform well there could well be an average of say 17.5 each week (F 20, R 15) utilising the Stadium.

Not withstanding all the available drink/concession stands that is serious turnover for BS.

So Rovers, are you jealous or are we just a frigging franchise?? No doubt Gaschat will mention that the Rugby boys had a bigger crowd

1 minute ago, Judda said:

Great for City and Briz. Good feeling in BS3 again!

Exactly. Not sure what people are so bothered with, regarding the word franchise. Some jealous **** at the minimal decides to bandy it around and it becomes a ting!

South Bristol is buzzing we at the moment have two teams that are doing well, drawing crowds, TV revs and selling beer and shirts. I lived my life preying for something like this...

27 minutes ago, Ciderandred said:

I'd thank the fans for coming  not landsdown.  It would still be 21000 at old ground and around 16000 at City today. Not knocking anything its lovely ground but fans fill it not owner

But without him, we wouldn't have had the higher capacity for the fans to fill??? 

19 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly. Not sure what people are so bothered with, regarding the word franchise. Some jealous **** at the minimal decides to bandy it around and it becomes a ting!

South Bristol is buzzing we at the moment have two teams that are doing well, drawing crowds, TV revs and selling beer and shirts. I lived my life preying for something like this...

Lansdown and Johnson out!

?

16 minutes ago, fatchers said:

Not much made of the rugby team when they changed their name to Bristol Shoguns.. the gash ground is registered to dwayne sports in Jersey are'nt they ? For tax evasion purposes ?  

Hey, to pay (Corporation) tax one has to make a profit.

Profit you ask, yes that word that Wael has only seen in a bible.

1 hour ago, Three Lions said:

Plenty of similarities as one poster working in that field pointed out. Did City and Bristol teddy bears need to be part of BS to get 20000+ at Ashton Gate? Nah

Is anybody claiming Bristol Sport got those fans to attend? If not we have a straw man argument.

The point surely is that having a management company that serves both clubs reduces overheads. Doesn't look like a franchise to me.

For a franchise equivalent in sport, as opposed to fried chicken outlets, take the NFL. I don't see any similarity. Unless anybody is suggesting SL is planning to move the club to Miami. ?

Bristol City and what used to be called Bristol rugby have had 20000+ gates at Ashton Gate before. Gasheads might be right about the franchise.

Plenty of similarities as one poster working in that field pointed out. Did City and Bristol teddy bears need to be part of BS to get 20000+ at Ashton Gate? Nah

Why the need to try and find negatives when clearly the BS model appears to be working.......you’re becoming to sound as bitter as the sags 

What are you talking about? You’ve been able to buy City teddy bears for donkeys years, long before Bristol Sport existed.

And the reason we’re getting big gates at Ashton Gate is large part due to the improved “product” now on offer; a comfortable, modern stadium capable of holding more fans than could previously be accomodated, and an improved team starting to compete more consistently in the right half of the Championship table.

And the main reason for all of the above is because of Steve Lansdown’s investment. You can put whatever label you want on it - call it Bristol Sport if you like - but it matters little, because ultimately Lansdown owns the lot, it’s him we have to thank, and we are still a football team called Bristol City, wearing red shirts and playing at Ashton Gate with its red seats.

And anyone claiming it to be a “franchise” clearly doesn’t understand the meaning of the term.

Just now, just like watching brazil said:

But charging £38 just to watch Blackburn is gonna lose a lot of fans and the reason we only had 18k in home end  there today.

“Only” 18k? Lot at our historic averages over the last 20 years. Our attendances are only heading one way. And stop cherry-picking the most expensive ticket.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“Only” 18k? Lot at our historic averages over the last 20 years. Our attendances are only heading one way. And stop cherry-picking the most expensive ticket.

I’m not m8 look at first 6 games all cat a.look at sheff u next game non member prices £34 dol wings £38 dol cent,£38 lans wing, £41 lans cent,south is st holders not a cheap day out anymore.

14 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

But charging £38 just to watch Blackburn is gonna lose a lot of fans and the reason we only had 18k in home end  there today.

19700 was the attendence today, around 1500 from Blackburn.

Pdg for a Sunday lunchtime ko.

1 minute ago, just like watching brazil said:

I’m not m8 look at first 6 games all cat a.look at sheff u next game non member prices £34 dol wings £38 dol cent,£38 lans wing, £41 lans cent,south is st holders not a cheap day out anymore.

I agree it’s not cheap, and I also agree that the top price tickets are too expensive. But your argument is that 18k home fans today is a poor attendance and that ticket prices will “lose a lot of fans” is simply not born out by the statistics that show steady growth in our attendances.

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

Pay on the day prices are far too expensive. Blackburn at home in the second tier should cost no more than about £25 quid IMO.

Very easy to get a ticket today for £23 so not sure what your point is.

2 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

also why not open Atyeo end 2 or 3 blocks charge £25.

Why would I pay £2 more to sit in the Atyeo than the South Stand?

Archived