IGNORED

Attendance - Bristol Sport (Merged)

BRIAN WILSON

7 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

You may get the odd single seat but not if there’s 2 or 3 of you.

This is a good point, me and my 2 lads had a lot on today, and time was limited, so rather than spending £100 for 3 tickets and fuel, we watched the game round my eldest lads house on the red button.

Anyone who thinks games being showed on the tv won’t effect crowds should think again! 

Clubs seriously need to look at pricing for TV games, Especially during the winter months.

10 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

You may get the odd single seat but not if there’s 2 or 3 of you.

A game like today with loads on holiday/staying home watching on Sky you could buy 2/3 odd seats and I`d be amazed if you couldn`t find 2/3 vacant ones together somewhere in the ground. Half of my row in the SS was empty for instance.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Heard from someone who has a relative at the club that they took over £180k through the Sports Bar alone on Friday, some of the rugby fans were there from when they opened and to well past the end of the game.

Not a chance. 

Heard from someone who has a relative at the club that they took over £180k through the Sports Bar alone on Friday, some of the rugby fans were there from when they opened and to well past the end of the game.

I doubt that’s true mate.....if it’s correct that the Sports Bar holds around 400 people then that equates to them spending £450 each ...... even if people came and went and a total of say 1,000 were in there at various times .... do you think they spent £180 each? Even if some were in there all day and all night they’d probably struggle to spend £450 each....that’s about 90 pints...

Absolutely no way in this world, ever! Would we take £180k through the sports bar. That’s utterly ridiculous..!

Trust me, £18k is far more likely. 

38 minutes ago, TBW said:

Not a chance. 

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I doubt that’s true mate.....if it’s correct that the Sports Bar holds around 400 people then that equates to them spending £450 each ...... even if people came and went and a total of say 1,000 were in there at various times .... do you think they spent £180 each? Even if some were in there all day and all night they’d probably struggle to spend £450 each....that’s about 90 pints...

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Absolutely no way in this world, ever! Would we take £180k through the sports bar. That’s utterly ridiculous..!

Trust me, £18k is far more likely. 

Yes sorry guys, The chap quoted works in the Sports Bar and I think I must have misunderstood. I would imagine it is more likely that was all spends across the ground including corporate? Still a massive figure though.

22 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The bars and all the concessions on Friday took £130k in total. They had budgetted for selling £80k’s worth, and so had to order 100 extra barrels of beer in first thing Saturday, which turned up at 7:30 this morning for them to get ready for today. 

Interesting, 130k / 26k = £5 spent per person

does not sound that much then.

25 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The bars and all the concessions on Friday took £130k in total. They had budgetted for selling £80k’s worth, and so had to order 100 extra barrels of beer in first thing Saturday, which turned up at 7:30 this morning for them to get ready for today

Or Wednesday in the Baddy.

@Arthur Daley

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes sorry guys, The chap quoted works in the Sports Bar and I think I must have misunderstood. I would imagine it is more likely that was all spends across the ground including corporate? Still a massive figure though.

Seems reasonable if he is talking about the total receipts at the end of the night for all sales.

2 hours ago, chowie said:

Interesting, 130k / 26k = £5 spent per person

does not sound that much then.

That is massive, if it’s an average of every one of 26,000 people.

just think how many people don’t spend. It means those spending were spending big! 

Those are hugely impressive figures! 

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I saw the highlights of today's game on YouTube. The place looked half empty

19,700 is now seen as somewhat disappointing. Shows how far we’ve come..! 

Perhaps those watching online should be the ones criticising empty seats..?! 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Very accurate and precise walking by the groundsmen.

Like when you nail the petrol pump stoppping on a whole pound.

Like when your Fitbit tracker is on 9,900 steps at the end of the day. The perfectionist in me has to walk around for absolutely no reason to get to 10k. 

Archived