IGNORED

Ooh look!!!! Next stage of AG redevelopment now announced

RedM

22 minutes ago, REDTURK said:

I think I saw a big city club badge next to a large Bristol Bears badge on the outside of the  South stand on one of the artist’s impressions.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon as there is little to show anyone from afar that  this beautiful structure is our home

They should beam the badge into the sky Batman style each game. 

Tilly from Clifton can draw her curtains!!!!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Jeez...............you’re a wit............:laughcont:

Ever considered comedy as a career?

As Bob Monkhouse once said " my friends laughed when I told them I was going to be a comedian - well they're not laughing now!"

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Oh the irony!

F5DD86DE-9F3F-420E-9768-5F843FA0885B.jpeg

That just about sums them up!

The Atyeo stand is about 50 years ahead of anything at the Mem but there is no educating that lot.

There is a green glow of envy being omitted across that small sag head area of Bristol this evening - And I love it!!

All the talk of "losing their identity" is just spin from jealous, envious Sags. What they mean by losing their identity just means rather than be a club in a generally poor ground with poor facilities we now have a superb Stadium with first class facilities all around the place. We probably have more bars, food outlets, toilets etc etc on one side of our ground than they have or have ever had. We have a Sports shop, coffee shop, huge screen in a bar/grill/pizzeria (where even some Rovers fans were watching England game not so long ago).

Now if they every get a new ground built, I am only guessing they will want it to be quite nice with some decent facilities - but if they do end up getting that, are they not then losing their identity due to playing in complete sh1te holes for a lifetime?

I am sure Man City are gutted at losing their identity too, along with most of the other Prem teams, Championship teams, and a few League one, League two teams and even some Non League teams. What it is called is "improvement", that means some proper change, and not just some cleaned carpets and new curtains and Babestation on at half time.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The origami league is still going... you've got to pay extra to watch it though.

It's on paper-view.

Without adequate finance I can see it folding.  :)

Does look very aesthetically pleasing i must say.. would literally just need the Atyeo to be redeveloped to complete the look..

As others have said with no nimbys, dog walkers or any other green ***** within the vicinity of the proposed plans, I’m guessing the planning for this should be a piece of piss? I wonder what time frame we are talking for actually seeing diggers on site and work commencing???

32 minutes ago, wood_red said:

All the talk of "losing their identity" is just spin from jealous, envious Sags. What they mean by losing their identity just means rather than be a club in a generally poor ground with poor facilities we now have a superb Stadium with first class facilities all around the place. We probably have more bars, food outlets, toilets etc etc on one side of our ground than they have or have ever had. We have a Sports shop, coffee shop, huge screen in a bar/grill/pizzeria (where even some Rovers fans were watching England game not so long ago).

Now if they every get a new ground built, I am only guessing they will want it to be quite nice with some decent facilities - but if they do end up getting that, are they not then losing their identity due to playing in complete sh1te holes for a lifetime?

I am sure Man City are gutted at losing their identity too, along with most of the other Prem teams, Championship teams, and a few League one, League two teams and even some Non League teams. What it is called is "improvement", that means some proper change, and not just some cleaned carpets and new curtains and Babestation on at half time.

The thing is, all new stadiums are built for the next 100 years of history, by which time they will be fully embedded within the culture of the club and the clubs identity, if you don’t improve your facilities I struggle how a club can hope to last, especially when times have moved on so much in the last 20 years in football and society in general, let alone the next 20 years!

It’s great to reminisce about the good old days but times move on, they have already, and they will continue to do so at pace.  That’s why Bristol Sport and all the developments at Ashton Gate are a necessity rather than a hinderunce to a bygone identity.

Let’s be honest, in the past clubs like us and Rovers, had no identity to be proud of, hanging round the lower leagues forever, poor and outdated facilities, no chance of getting out of that mess, what kind of identity is that?  Lansdown is building a new identity for this club which everyone can already be proud of, and it’s also going to  make the whole of Bristol proud from a sporting point of view.  When phase II is complete (which have no doubt it will do), visiting fans for football, rugby, basketball along with business people and tourists etc will be blown away I think, and I have no doubt that this club, the other Bristol Sport teams, and Bristol as a whole, will have an identity that shows what we, as a City are all about!

3 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned on the previous 6 pages,but if they can have a giant badge on their arena,where’s our giant badge .........

Awaiting the redesign to fit in with the others, the Robin on the away kit is obviously a real world 'test'/'soft launch'.

Not a bad idea tbf.

It’s a clever strategy.  Maximise use of the facilities so, for instance, hosting conferences, which utilises the hotels and brings people into the existing bars and facilities.  The houses and flats also will mean that there are more people near by meaning that the coffee shop, bars and restaurants can operate 7 days a week. The parking can be used by the fans but is also of use for the hotels during the week.  All very symbiotic.  If they could have fitted in a cinema too etc then it becomes a real full time destination. 

I am sceptical as to whether there will be sufficient year round demand for the hotels as it’s still a way out of the city centre, but I’m sure that people who know what they are doing will have modelled it and believe that there is a business case.

Absolutely astonishing what our run down old ground is going to become.

2 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

It’s a clever strategy.  Maximise use of the facilities so, for instance, hosting conferences, which utilises the hotels and brings people into the existing bars and facilities.  The houses and flats also will mean that there are more people near by meaning that the coffee shop, bars and restaurants can operate 7 days a week. The parking can be used by the fans but is also of use for the hotels during the week.  All very symbiotic.  If they could have fitted in a cinema too etc then it becomes a real full time destination. 

I am sceptical as to whether there will be sufficient year round demand for the hotels as it’s still a way out of the city centre, but I’m sure that people who know what they are doing will have modelled it and believe that there is a business case.

Absolutely astonishing what our run down old ground is going to become.

The hotels are nicely placed between the city centre and the airport. Other than the expensive onsite hotel at the airport there isn’t much else. I’d imagine someone like Premier Inn would run it rather than self managed - club just take the rent and probably would make a food/sports bar far more feesable to run midweek. 

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

The hotels are nicely placed between the city centre and the airport. Other than the expensive onsite hotel at the airport there isn’t much else. I’d imagine someone like Premier Inn would run it rather than self managed - club just take the rent and probably would make a food/sports bar far more feesable to run midweek. 

With there being 2 hotels, I suspect one will be Premier Inn/Travelodge budget style and the other more upmarket.

Just now, Tomarse said:

I think they need something a bit above premier inn for corporate, they're ok but the ones in the centre are bloody awful.  Staying at them for work for a few days each month I hardly ever got through a night without some idiot setting the alarms off.  Perhaps being further away might actually be a positive.

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I think they need something a bit above premier inn for corporate, they're ok but the ones in the centre are bloody awful.  Staying at them for work for a few days each month I hardly ever got through a night without some idiot setting the alarms off.  Perhaps being further away might actually be a positive.

City Centre ones are always dicey - I can spend upward of 50 nights in premier inns per year and defo tend to avoid the ones centre. However it might appeal for away fans at weekend when perhaps the conference part won’t be so much in use?  

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

With there being 2 hotels, I suspect one will be Premier Inn/Travelodge budget style and the other more upmarket.

Yep Hilton or Decent Accor one 

24 minutes ago, BigTone said:

3 years is quite quick considering all they will have to go through before even digging a hole.

Yes, on reflection you are right. It’s not the actual physical building that takes time, it’s all the paperwork red tape stuff that has to be done before.

It all looks really good for South Bristol and facilities and sports in Bristol - only thing is, we seem to be blocked off in all of this, I hoped there would be a new avenue leading to AG showing of the stadium, but it looks like it's going to be hidden from view apart from the top of the Lansdown, in the image it looks like the flyers own a impressive complex, wheres Bristol City and Rugby representation as to it being our home as well ?

Ashton_Gate_reveals_£100m_expansion_-_YouTube_-_2018-09-18_22.15.08.png

Archived