IGNORED

Ooh look!!!! Next stage of AG redevelopment now announced

RedM

How long will it take for the people in those luxury apartments to complain about the noise etc. Also it could halt any future developments around that area. I do feel this is a mistake being made unless they're all city fans ofcourse.

image.png.3cd76dc15c92f4200145f56b4b66582e.png

26 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

How long will it take for the people in those luxury apartments to complain about the noise etc. Also it could halt any future developments around that area. I do feel this is a mistake being made unless they're all city fans ofcourse.

image.png.3cd76dc15c92f4200145f56b4b66582e.png

I'd hope that anyone purchasing or renting one of those apartments would be fully aware of what they were getting in to.

5 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Perhaps that old bint "Tilly" might be interested in one ?

If I was on the city council I'd suggest that all persons elegible for council housing in Horfield be put up in one of these fine apartments. It's only right that the poorest, most disadvantaged, and misguided people in this country are given some respite by living in close proximity to some of the finest entertainment the South West has to offer.

11 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

I'd hope that anyone purchasing or renting one of those apartments would be fully aware of what they were getting in to.

and we all know this was just a sweetner to the council to get the permission to develop it. Lansdown will get some money back from the sale of the apartments. I'd rather he spent the money on the train station across the road with an underground walkway.

8 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

You can have mobile toilets brought in for the weekends 

I did notice we have landscaped ponds included in the redevelopment, they will have to do you.

But yes seriously, the lack of toilets outside but within our complex is very poor

11 hours ago, BigTone said:

Perhaps Marvin pulled the plug because he was obviously aware of SL's plans. As you say there is no need for 2.

A 4,000 capacity is hardly gonna start bringing Matchroom boxing shows or the top music artists to Bristol 

There is plenty of room for our arena and another 

Sadly we live in a City ran by a load of morons....who would rather invest the money in arty farty shit around the City Centre...instead of trying to bring this City up to speed with Cardiff, Manchester, Birmingham etc 

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

A 4,000 capacity is hardly gonna start bringing Matchroom boxing shows or the top music artists to Bristol 

There is plenty of room for our arena and another 

Sadly we live in a City ran by a load of morons....who would rather invest the money in arty farty shit around the City Centre...instead of trying to bring this City up to speed with Cardiff, Manchester, Birmingham etc 

Forget about basketball, boxing etc. A 4' capacity conference centre is what we are talking about

Having read through the detail of each element one if the key elements are the 200 houses at Ashton vale which appears to be key to funding the other project items and getting planning permission may be an issue with BCC. If you assume 200 houses at an average sale value of £250k then you are looking at £50m. Average build cost per house circa £100k then that leaves £30m towards the overall £100m. Obviously the apartments at AG will also contribute a profit of circa £20m so the property developments are a key driver in the overall commercial viability of the scheme being built. We all know how great Bristol planning dept are at supporting infrastructure improvements in the city

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

So, plans are afoot to build houses and flats, both by Ashton Gate and on Ashton Vale.

This could possible result in City/Bears/Flyers street name.

So go on then, give us your street name suggestions!

I'll kick off with....

Cashley Close.

Everywhere should be named after Gerry Gow. 

18 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Having read through the detail of each element one if the key elements are the 200 houses at Ashton vale which appears to be key to funding the other project items and getting planning permission may be an issue with BCC. If you assume 200 houses at an average sale value of £250k then you are looking at £50m. Average build cost per house circa £100k then that leaves £30m towards the overall £100m. Obviously the apartments at AG will also contribute a profit of circa £20m so the property developments are a key driver in the overall commercial viability of the scheme being built. We all know how great Bristol planning dept are at supporting infrastructure improvements in the city

Ashton Vale again then.. Guess they don't fancy some great housing close to their camp.  

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

So, plans are afoot to build houses and flats, both by Ashton Gate and on Ashton Vale.

This could possible result in City/Bears/Flyers street name.

So go on then, give us your street name suggestions!

I'll kick off with....

Cashley Close.

Atyeo Avenue, Gow Gardens, Drysdale Drive, Forbes Philipson Masters Mews?

Archived