IGNORED

Rotherham United v Bristol City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

One of those games I look at and always think 'if we play well, we should win'.

A worry of course is last two games we have also shown we can easily lose. Type of game we struggle with in breaking teams down, and if Plan A does not work...there is always Plan A. 

Sums up the league that if we win we could sneak in to top six, and if we lose Rotherham move to within two points. Going to say 1-1 and hope for better.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I like the look of that team.

Ave 'it .

Glad he’s resisted the thought of bringing Paterson in on the wing....

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

442 with 2 wingers and the big man up front. Bold selection. Not sure we will need 4 at the back too often, so Hunt and Kelly may push up a bit.

....a real chance for O’Dowda and Eliasson to show what they’ve got....and hopefully bring the best out of Diedhiou.  Big game for all 3 imho.

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

That looks pretty much the strongest available team for me.

Is that a comeback for Hegeler on the bench? Or has he been there previously and I didn't notice?

Was on bench v Villa

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

442 with 2 wingers and the big man up front. Bold selection. Not sure we will need 4 at the back too often, so Hunt and Kelly may push up a bit.

Posts like this make me think we’re underestimating Rotherham and perhaps overestimating ourselves.

They’re 19th, not cast adrift in 24th. And they’re the home team. Any sort of win would be decent and a draw, though disappointing, wouldn’t be a disaster away from home.

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

After 60 mins, Taylor will replace Diedhiou and Watkins will replace Eliason.  DaSilva will replace Kelly a few minutes later (unless we have injuries). That's what Lee wrote down in his match plan.

What he wrote was a reminder to get his wife to buy up all the cabbages in the Bristol area.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Well lets hope Diedhiou and Weimann perform together. Not been too impressed with them as a partnership so far, although I rate them both highly, Taylor can partner either better from what I have seen. Big game for Eliasson who has not been great for a couple of games now. A brilliant talent, but needs to perform to keep his place.

Diedhiou  probably in to defend set pieces which Rotherham are good at.

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

I'm glad Diedhiou is starting with Weimann. If we can find a way to get the best of them two we should see them hit 30+ between them.

Bought the BCFCTV pass thing, when does the coverage begin?

Diedhiou needs to get service from wide imho, especially against a compact Millers side.  Should mean Eeeeeliasson needs to get on the ball and deliver crosses.

Archived