IGNORED

If you think you are a Bristol City senior red

Never to the dark side

I'd always assumed the Senior Reds had use of their own room and bar and, apart from drinks, the annual membership fee was all they were obliged to pay.

Bar snacks, plus a bit of a buffet, sandwiches etc. for a few quid a head would surely suffice?

This organised meal set up would put me off joining -  sounds too formal, and overly expensive.

Has it always been organised this way?

Reckon I'd be sounding out a splinter group to the Coopers if I was a member.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'd always assumed the Senior Reds had use of their own room and bar and, apart from drinks, the annual membership fee was all they were obliged to pay.

Bar snacks, plus a bit of a buffet, sandwiches etc. for a few quid a head would surely suffice?

This organised meal set up would put me off joining -  sounds too formal, and overly expensive.

Has it always been organised this way?

Reckon I'd be sounding out a splinter group to the Coopers if I was a member.

Well, the Coopers are now offering pasties in addition to rolls!

59 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Well, the Coopers are now offering pasties in addition to rolls!

Great. A traditional pub, well kept real ale, a steaming hot pasty, and passing a few hours chatting about City to fellow Reds of a certain age.

No salad in sight.

Sounds idyllic, I've a good mind to start it off when i'm in a position to do so. 

Have to think of a catchy title to rival 'Senior Reds Lunch at Ashton Gate' -  'OAP lunchtime City piss up at The Coopers'?? :yes:

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Great. A traditional pub, well kept real ale, a steaming hot pasty, and passing a few hours chatting about City to fellow Reds of a certain age.

No salad in sight.

Sounds idyllic, I've a good mind to start it off when i'm in a position to do so. 

Have to think of a catchy title to rival 'Senior Reds Lunch at Ashton Gate' -  'OAP lunchtime City piss up at The Coopers'?? :yes:

That's before every home game for me!

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No salad in sight.

`A load of grumpy old farts get pissed and moan about City for two hours`?

`Pasties optional`

Don`t forget you`ll need to provide a vegetarian and gluten free alternative pasty too.:ph34r:

On 09/10/2018 at 21:22, BobBobSuperBob said:

Perhaps they base it on Care Home Menus 

Enticing isn’t it.....

Lets hope the corporate offerings are a bit better

Wheres the Michelin star chef who was employed to design the menus ?

Gone back to the garage fitting tyres.

Couldn't hack the abuse!

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

`Pasties optional`

Don`t forget you`ll need to provide a vegetarian and gluten free alternative pasty too.:ph34r:

I can't imagine much grumpiness - it's the younger generation who seem a bit grumpy! Most of them barely even go to pubs.....

Just real ale, traditional pasties (or go hungry) and City fuelled memories and bonhomie. :yes:

A surefire winner! :yes:

• Admin
On 11/10/2018 at 08:50, Bristol Rob said:

How have we gone from a senior reds lunch costing seventeen quid to the lifestyle of people who might either need (or thrive) on state assistance?

Good Point - To get this thread back on tract all the comments not related I have moved into a new thread so they can both continue

13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

`Pasties optional`

And a LGBTQI friendly one ????

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

Good Point - To get this thread back on tract all the comments not related I have moved into a new thread so they can both continue

Spoilsport

12 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

For all the thousands who will be heading to Ashton Gate,Mark Kelly is the guest speaker.

So for all those who are not old enough to attend or unable to attend.

What WOULD you ask him?

and I'll do my best within reason to get the answer/s

We’ll be on the same table John so I’ll ask him (again) about the PA system and the microphone will close by ready for you to use!

• Admin
39 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

For all the thousands who will be heading to Ashton Gate,Mark Kelly is the guest speaker.

So for all those who are not old enough to attend or unable to attend.

What WOULD you ask him?

and I'll do my best within reason to get the answer/s

Hi @Never to the dark side

What the club's stance is on the Championship breakaway league - are we one of the 15 clubs in favour?

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Mark I think Mark Kelly is more involved in stadium matters.

That question I think would be more suitable to Tuesday nights Q and A.

Are you coming along on Tuesday?

Not for me mate, lot of hassle getting back just for an hour presentation

Archived