IGNORED

Teams You Dislike And Why

WessexPest

Leaving aside local rivalries (So the Gash, Swindle, Colin's mob, Newport, Swansea and Plymouth) which teams that City have no obvious enmity with do you dislike ("hate" might be a little strong - or perhaps not!) and why?

The below is a fairly long list so I should point out there are plenty of teams I quite like (Portsmouth, Shrewsbury, Carlisle, Exeter, Barnsley to name a few) 

I have no time for:

Brentford: For no other reason than one of their fans I know is particularly irritating; not scientific, I concede!

Wigan: Artificially propelled up the leagues by Whelan's dosh and have attracted a lot of Johnny-Come-Lately types. Also, I was there for the final game of 2000/01 season - a 0-0 draw that clinched their playoff place and their yob element targeted City fans all the way back to the train station.

WBA: I find that "Lord's My Shepherd" song in a Black Country accent to be real nails down the blackboard stuff.

MK Dons: For hopefully obvious reasons.

Wrexham: Go and play in the Welsh league.

Leeds: Some of their fans are really evil buggers. Remember that Brooklyn Beckham song?

Chelsea and Man City: Everything that is wrong with the modern game.

Thatcham Town: Yes, really. When they won at Melksham in the FA Vase QFs last season some of their fans tried to start trouble. At that level that is really tw*tty behaviour.

Both halves of the Old Firm: As bad as each other.

Borussia Dortmund: Perennial media darlings. Very tiresome.

Real Madrid: Franco's Boys and their recent domination of the CL is beyond tedious.

PSG: See Chelsea and Man City for reasons why.

Cheshunt*.

Watched them against Mangotsfield years ago and a Mangotsfield player put his foot on the ball and moved it back. Cheshunt player on the ground pretended he had been stamped on and got the Mangotsfield player sent off when there was about half a yard of air between where the players boot was and the Cheshunt "victim".

The linesman had a perfect view of this all and even told the referee there wasn't contact, the red card was still awarded and the Cheshunt player booked for simulation.

I still have no idea of the referees thought process there.

King's Lynn*.

Again at Mangotsfield years ago, and the worst tackle I have witnessed at any match.

I was stood at the corner of the pitch nearest the entrance to the ground, and the foulded played was at the opposite corner.

Even down by me the sound of the Mangotsfield players leg snapping was loud, and the break was seen as so bad they decided they needed an ambulance to come  to get him, for fear ofcausing more damange when moving the player.

There was 45 minutes of injury time in the first half of that game.

* Both of these games were 10-15 years ago if not more and I may have the teams the wrong way around.

Reading: I know a defeat against them is very fresh but I find very little to like about them. A plastic version of Swindon Town in all honesty who seem to love beating us. Hope they get relegated.

QPR: Stems from the early 00's when we were battling for promotion to Championship. They were dislikeable and I just never really felt they were better than us.. that and they have continuously avoided FFP.

Southampton: Everyone's soft spot club. Well i'm not a fan. They have for many many years stolen young players from our local area with their money and buy families homes to beat clubs like ourselves. Also, I view them as the posh club between them and Pompey and Pompey are a proper club compared to the boring 'Saints'.

Tottenham Hotspur: Just never liked them. I kind of arrogance about them that they are above other clubs and the whole 'yid army' thing and find their chants boring to be honest. Also have many dislikeable players at the moment like Dele Alli, an absolute tool.

Dundee. Sad little ******* in the shade of the glorious tangerines.

Sheffield United. Always come the billy big bollocks.

Arsenal. Seems like the hipster football fans club of choice, for people that like to pretend they care about football but are still awful, rancid, glory hunting, subhuman scum. Just associate it with the amazingly unfunny Arsenal Fan TV.

12 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Dundee. Sad little ******* in the shade of the glorious tangerines.

Sheffield United. Always come the billy big bollocks.

Arsenal. Seems like the hipster football fans club of choice, for people that like to pretend they care about football but are still awful, rancid, glory hunting, subhuman scum. Just associate it with the amazingly unfunny Arsenal Fan TV.

Noooo! Dundee are my Jockanese team so I hate United! 

With you all the way about the Arse though. Spurs may not have won anything important in yonks but they have far, far better fans than the mute swans fro the Emirates.

19 minutes ago, One BCFC said:

QPR: Stems from the early 00's when we were battling for promotion to Championship. They were dislikeable and I just never really felt they were better than us.. that and they have continuously avoided FFP.

Good one. Having him in charge didn't help either!

It would be easier to say what teams I don't mind!

Arsenal........for their years of beautiful football

Everton.................because they're NOT Liverpool

Cheltenham............my mum's birth place

FGR....................they've done well for a suburb of a village

The team I dislike/hate            Bournemouth............nobodies idea of a Prem club. How they got there stinks!        Also my bro supports them and after years of being superior to them it ****** hurts !

Reading - Everything I hate about modern football. Their "fans" don't deserve the success they've had and I've been in a bad mood all weekend after losing to them.

Brighton - I lived there when we lost to them in the playoff final and they were seriously bad winners. Gobby, gloating, smarmy types that seem to forget all the support they received during their ground crisis.

Leeds - I know every club has it's person I disagree with element but Leeds just seem to have more and stoop lower than most others.

Liverpool, Man Yoo and Chelsea - Don't really need to explain. Seeing a Bristol born and bred mate of mine proudly posing on Facebook with his newborn daughter wearing a Liverpool kit made my heart sink. What chance do local clubs have if this is the norm?

Any club from the northwest Midlands. . Stoke, Port Vale, Crewe, Wolves, Shrewsbury. I don't know what it is, but there's something about folk from those parts that grates me.

L

55 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Noooo! Dundee are my Jockanese team so I hate United! 

With you all the way about the Arse though. Spurs may not have won anything important in yonks but they have far, far better fans than the mute swans fro the Emirates.

Up the Arabs!

It's really weird, it's the club of choice for people that want to pretend to like football. Every aspect of Arsenal is eminently detestable imo.

On the note of the worst fans element choice thing, I'm fairly indifferent towards them myself but surely Millwall have the worst element of fans if that's a criteria? Historically by far- the Den was shut 4 times owing to crowd trouble for a start- as a more shall we say troublesome element, they started very early by historical standards, quite the history. :dunno:

With us alone, I remember in 2001 a lot of seats being exchanged in 2001! That was by no means the worst historical trouble either. Talking of which...

Birmingham. We lose there too often. I also can’t stand the place - I’ve had relatives who have lived there and whenever I visited it always seemed to be so grim. 

Stoke - I’ll never forgive them for Wembley in 2000 and also for getting promoted instead of us in 2008.

Hull.

Reading. Boring stadium with no atmosphere and in the middle of nowhere.

Brighton. That play-off final was horrible. It also annoys me how people rave about their ground when I found it just to be another typical, boring new stadium.

I used to hate Mansfield after they beat us at Wembley in 1987, but they fully redeemed themselves after sending the fewers to the non-league.

Stoke - for ruining my trip to Wembley for auto windscreens wearing that awful one off shirt - also for singing Delilah which just annoys me . 

Derby - years back we won 4-3 on a Sunday afternoon on tv . Their fans were vile and threw stones at us as we were leaving . Police literallly turned their back leaving various people to be hit . Now frank lampard leads them as well it’s a double whammy as I’m not a fan of his . 

Brighton - can’t stand their fans or the ‘media love in’ for Chris hughton- not helped by Leon knight either from the play offs . 

I have a general antipathy to big teams owing to the plastic fans that they attract.

Beyond that:

MK Dons - no franchising here thank you.

Crystal Palace - just my direct experience but the most big headed entitled fans ever. (Sorry @BigTone).

Celtic - IRA songs.

My list of teams I like would be much longer owing to my having moved around a lot so you keep an eye on the local team.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wolves - have always really disliked thier strip and logo. Hull because their strip is similar to Wolves............but the team I dislike above all is Swindon Town. Shitty place, shitty ground with shitty fans.

I agree entirely, still living off their one year in the Prem’

Dislike:

Southampton - too close geographically for comfort and have punched above their weight for a few years. Deluded fan base thinking they are on a par with Spurs etc.

QPR - horrible fans, small club, dirty team, but we never seem to beat them.

Like:

Exeter - family values, good vocal support on the 'big bank'

Sheff Wed - fans always seem down to earth, unlike their yappy smaller cross city rivals 

27 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

All the teams with less fans than us who have been in the Prem and will do so again before us, so amongst others we are talking:

QPR

Bolton

Blackburn

Wigan

Swansea

Reading

Hull

Like it !

Add Portsmouth to that list; who will probably get back to the Prem before we get there, despite having gone bust and been down to the basement, and with their shit ground and smaller gates than us.

Portsmouth.  Vile town, full of violent retards. Plus their fans have that Gas-style "we're so loyal and special" thing going on. Conversely,  I'm friends with a couple of Pompey fans and they buck the trend.

Millwall. Obviously.

Chelsea. Obviously. 

Palace. The "we're so special" trend is powered to the max here. Perennially whiny moaners and plastic cockneys from horrible Croydon.

QPR. For 14 years I had to endure encountering the Horrible Hoops on match days because I worked in White City. Generally, fat unpleasant Cockney Wankah types.

Plymouth. See Portsmouth.

Luton. Just because of the ground really.

Forest. Living off past glories and with a sense of entitlement bigger than Cloughy's drinks cabinet.  **** off with your famous club bollocks, you've done nothing for years. Conversely, I'm also friends with a Forest fan who is unusually humble.

Lazio. Right-wing politics. Just say no.

Real Madrid. See Lazio.

Every Russian and Turkish club. See Lazio and Real Madrid.

Birmingham - We don't tend to do very well against them. I don't particularly like a large number of their fans. Of the fans I know, mostly all of them seem to believe they're entitled to be up at the top of the Championship despite regularly staying up by the skin of their teeth (still annoyed we didn't put them down). They seem to have got a run together at the moment, hopefully that'll collapse soon - preferably on/ahead of our visit next month. 

Reading - I struggle to even list a reason, they're just redundant. 

Villa - This is a new one. The sense of entitlement since they've come down to the Championship. Again, a lot of it is to do with the fans I know - weird lot. Doesn't help that practically every tweet City put out in the second half of last season had at least 1 Villa fan leaving a 5-0 comment. For me, that was probably the result that least bothered me last season as we were dead at the time but they seem to have enjoyed it so much to remind us every other day. 

Archived