IGNORED

Stadium sponsorship

Baldyman

Much has been written on this forum of late regarding FFP and the limitations that this brings to our spending ability . Sponsorship is a great revenue generator and certainly helps to legitimately work around the restrictions of FFP.  Is it therefore time to consider selling the naming rights to Ashtongate to the highest bidder to increase our income stream ? ( particularly given the recent published accounts ) .Also ,   If we became for example , The Dyson Stadium , or The EasyJet Stadium , who would be a suitable sponsor to rename the Mem after ?

Highest bidder if it's an independent transaction- however if it's a related party, or a 3rd party transaction ...

Let's say we went nuts and called the ground the Hargreaves Lansdown Arena,, SL decided to pay a hefty fee for the Lansdown, I don't know the Vence ( for the Dolman and the South Stand named the Sustainable Technology Investment (that actually would be a very unfortunate acronym) and last not least Pula would be the new Atyeo

That would be hefty naming rights for each stand- and the ground. We're in the money right? Well yes...to a point- but the problem is that artificially inflated deals wouldn't count for FFP purposes- the contracts could still go through, but only independently benchmarked and assessed Fair Market rates based on Championship would count towards our income- however yes I think we could theoretically rename each stand and the ground for a fee if we wanted.

I'm a big fan of heritage and history being linked to a football club. I'd therefore be cynical of selling off the naming rights for AG. If the money raised went towards lowering prices and assisting fans with the atmosphere, like a small Tifo fund, I'd be up for it. However if the money was to be spent on players, salaries and agents fees, I'd be completely against. 

That said the company who put up the money would have to be suitable, and not something like Wonga or a betting firm.

4 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I'm a big fan of heritage and history being linked to a football club. I'd therefore be cynical of selling off the naming rights for AG. If the money raised went towards lowering prices and assisting fans with the atmosphere, like a small Tifo fund, I'd be up for it. However if the money was to be spent on players, salaries and agents fees, I'd be completely against. 

That said the company who put up the money would have to be suitable, and not something like Wonga or a betting firm.

Very immotive subject for many but perhaps it’s time to give it consideration . Very difficult to police where the funds are then spent though 

I’m a traditionalist where stadium names are concerned...for traditionalist read ‘old git stuck in the past’ I suppose. As others said on the ‘What’s our identity?’ thread, Ashton Gate is part of our identity.....if we changed it, I’d want it to be called “Atyeo’s Ashton Gate”......anything that significantly changed our stadium name so it was unrecognisable would be horrendous in my opinion...

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Don't matter how much we got for it............it would still be called "the Gate" by the ones that matter, the fans !

Exactly.

Newcastle fans (and probably all other fans) continued to use the name St James Park. Only the media referred to the Sports Direct Stadium (because they were obliged too). 

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Much has been written on this forum of late regarding FFP and the limitations that this brings to our spending ability . Sponsorship is a great revenue generator and certainly helps to legitimately work around the restrictions of FFP.  Is it therefore time to consider selling the naming rights to Ashtongate to the highest bidder to increase our income stream ? ( particularly given the recent published accounts ) .Also ,   If we became for example , The Dyson Stadium , or The EasyJet Stadium , who would be a suitable sponsor to rename the Mem after ?

Hang about. Dyson sucks and EasyJet will never take off.

Sponsored by the Royal Mail...

'The Gate Post'

...would be OK doncha fink?

………………………….

Or even by the DWP …. 

' The Dole Man Stand '  :) 

...would that work?

English FA -  England manager.... 

the Old East End becomes ...

' The South-Gate Stand ' 

...I'd be happy with any of these ? 

Thought about this one.

Maybe a necessary evil, but would rather we didn't go down this road- the current model of 2 stands named after figures from the past (Dolman and Atyeo) plus one very important present exception (Lansdown) is good IMO, commercial companies naming ground or even individual stands? Not for me- maybe we could rename the South Stand after a sponsor, as South Stand is fairly nothingness- neither a Commercial benefit or named after a great, but beyond that would be great to leave well alone.

13 hours ago, BessexRED said:

No, keep it as it is. Not as if we put the money to good use anyway, we’d just buy another Gustav Engvall or Arnold Garita.

Might as well get rid of all our sponsorship deals, commercial opportunities and everything too then while we're at it... ?

On 06/11/2018 at 17:16, Baldyman said:

The Care In The Communitydrome.

Archived