IGNORED

Preston tomorrow

wendyredredrobin

What can we expect tomorrow?  Not feeling too excited due to our recent form, but it is the last game at the Gate until December.

I'm guessing at a crowd of around 20k due to Preston probably not bringing too many and a poor weather forecast.

Hope the lads can cheer us up with a solid 3 points going into the international break.

A big win for non-league Barnet would be good for a few laughs ?

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A hangover.

I'm still in the pub.

Haha, you might not be the only one.  Had a couple myself already and the night is still young.

Hope the squad are all safely tucked up in bed now and nor falling for the same fate.  Equally hope a few PNE players are out on a bender ?. If they are in Bristol tonight, I will happily buy them a round.

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Haha, you might not be the only one.  Had a couple myself already and the night is still young.

Hope the squad are all safely tucked up in bed now and nor falling for the same fate.  Equally hope a few PNE players are out on a bender ?. If they are in Bristol tonight, I will happily buy them a round.

Put me firmly in the enjoying a drink club .

I'm utterly fed of of losing to Preston. We've had some real shockers against them. There was also that horrible game at Deepdale on the last day of the 1997-1998 season when they beat us 2-1 to enable Watford to claim the title at our expense. We were still celebrating equalising when they scored their winner.

I've got a bad feeling it will be another drab performance and defeat today. Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll smash them.

Unsurprisingly some of my Preston supporting mates have already started the wind up. They all pretty much love the trip down fond memories of promotion 1999-2000 season I think

Generally a great bunch. I suspect and am hoping for clean sheets all round as we both appear to have misfiring strikeforces

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What’s a tombola machine got to do with football?

With a tombola machine people pick tickets out of a revolving drum and certain tickets win  prizes. I expect this is an obscure reference to the method LJ uses to pick the team. 

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

With a tombola machine people pick tickets out of a revolving drum and certain tickets win  prizes. I expect this is an obscure reference to the method LJ uses to pick the team. 

I know what a tombola drum is pongo - it’s just that I don’t see the connection  with football.

You’ve suggested a it’s an obscure reference to team selection........if you’re right then it seems very obscure indeed.

Im confident that LJ and his assistants have worked all week with the players in training and  they’ll have worked on deferent tactics and practiced them. They’ll have seen which players have been working hard and possibly one or two of the fringe players may have caught the eye and be included in the matchday squad. 

A great deal of consideration goes into selecting the matchday squad - much more complicated than putting balls into a drum......

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I know what a tombola drum is pongo - it’s just that I don’t see the connection  with football.

You’ve suggested a it’s an obscure reference to team selection........if you’re right then it seems very obscure indeed.

Im confident that LJ and his assistants have worked all week with the players in training and  they’ll have worked on deferent tactics and practiced them. They’ll have seen which players have been working hard and possibly one or two of the fringe players may have caught the eye and be included in the matchday squad. 

A great deal of consideration goes into selecting the matchday squad - much more complicated than putting balls into a drum......

Ok then Lee!! I beg to differ, it seems from your team selection and substitutions that you haven’t got a clue  what is going on, the football you are serving up is quite frankly shocking and people are bored... sort it out or **** off yeah?

6 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Ok then Lee!! I beg to differ, it seems from your team selection and substitutions that you haven’t got a clue  what is going on, the football you are serving up is quite frankly shocking and people are bored... 

So you have all your coaching badges, worked with the players week in week out for months but think you know better than the head coach and his assistants?

Unfortunately you’re not the only one with grandiose ideas...

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So you have all your coaching badges,

No

worked with the players week in week out for months

No

but think you know better than the head coach and his assistants?

Of course! ?

Unfortunately you’re not the only one with grandiose ideas...

The big question is what would this forum be with all of us know-it-alls! ?

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's how I understood it. I didn't think it was that obscure, tbf.

A metaphor doesn't need a connection with football. That's how metaphors work, ffs!

'Parking the bus' doesn't have anything to do with football. But it's used in connection with football.
'

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Today I expect Preston to win (1-0) as per usual, and at least four threads on here to demand the immediate sacking of LJ and question whether we are indeed in a relegation battle, which most replies will suggest it's ok, we're a mid-table team.

Na, we're gonna win today

Archived