IGNORED

Preston tomorrow

wendyredredrobin

Hi all , just setting off the three of us from Preston not expecting much based on our away performances this season , excellent for a half at Aston Villa , dogged at Hull and Ipswich and although I didn’t go pretty woeful at Swansea , Norwich , Derby and Leeds , others have mentioned why we have struggled this season and IMO having the third smallest budget and not investing when a 7th placed over achievement was achieved equals a very poor start and unlike Preston conceding a lorry load of goals , like to think we can pull away from trouble but would be delighted with a point and although I don’t expect a high scoring game we’ve scored and conceded loads this season - I’ll go for an optimistic 2-2 draw , always enjoy this away trip which I didn’t think I was going to make until yesterday because of work but I’m off - enjoy the game - Cheers Mortis 

3 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Hi all , just setting off the three of us from Preston not expecting much based on our away performances this season , excellent for a half at Aston Villa , dogged at Hull and Ipswich and although I didn’t go pretty woeful at Swansea , Norwich , Derby and Leeds , others have mentioned why we have struggled this season and IMO having the third smallest budget and not investing when a 7th placed over achievement was achieved equals a very poor start and unlike Preston conceding a lorry load of goals , like to think we can pull away from trouble but would be delighted with a point and although I don’t expect a high scoring game we’ve scored and conceded loads this season - I’ll go for an optimistic 2-2 draw , always enjoy this away trip which I didn’t think I was going to make until yesterday because of work but I’m off - enjoy the game - Cheers Mortis 

You seem as downbeat about your team as some of our fans are about our team....

4 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Safe journey, come back on after and give us your view of your 1-0 win ?

8 minutes ago, Red7 said:

That's how I understood it. I didn't think it was that obscure, tbf.

A metaphor doesn't need a connection with football. That's how metaphors work, ffs!

'Parking the bus' doesn't have anything to do with football. But it's used in connection with football.
'

Most of us know what ‘parking the bus’ is in footballing terms - we can thank Jose for that little gem but as for ‘tombola’......:dunno:

9 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Fair play for travelling down all the way from Preston in this horrible weather.....I hated driving on the motorway in the rain with  poor visibility due to the spray everywhere.

Book somewhere to stay overnight and go out on the lash in Bristol. It’s a great City.

3 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

A game full of drab football no direction and shit substitutions which we’ll probably fluke by the odd goal.. Everyone will be back on here tonight saying what a genius LJ is...:thumbsup:

I won’t be wasting the journey!!

Where are these posts claiming LJ is a genius? A complete myth. Some people are willing to give the man credit when we win - and maybe even able to look at the broader progress up the league table - but I don’t see any of these posts lavishing LJ with praise. In fact I think it would be fair to say most of us at least have our doubts about LJ, without resorting to the sort of ridiculously OTT negativity you seem to revel in.

18 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Alan Dicks had a poor start with City, but was given time and got us to the top flight.  The appointment of John Sillett was the key in my view.

Maybe Lee needs a John Sillett type now.

Not sure that’s something LJ would welcome. He has two capable assistants should he need advice. 

Judging from the way the pre/post match interviews are shared between them I’d say the three are tight knit and share the burden of selection.

Obviously if there’s a 50/50 decision then that falls to LJ.

I’d say the same about substitutions - I’m sure LJ doesn’t make the decisions in isolation but as the head coach he cops the flak if they don’t pay off.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Where are these posts claiming LJ is a genius? A complete myth. Some people are willing to give the man credit when we win - and maybe even able to look at the broader progress up the league table - but I don’t see any of these posts lavishing LJ with praise. In fact I think it would be fair to say most of us at least have our doubts about LJ, without resorting to the sort of ridiculously OTT negativity you seem to revel in.

Ridiculous...!!? I’m 40 now and have been following city since 86, I wouldn’t call my feeling of losing the love as ridiculous, I blame that on LJ... I just don’t enjoy the experience anymore!!

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I know what a tombola drum is pongo - it’s just that I don’t see the connection  with football.

You’ve suggested a it’s an obscure reference to team selection........if you’re right then it seems very obscure indeed.

Im confident that LJ and his assistants have worked all week with the players in training and  they’ll have worked on deferent tactics and practiced them. They’ll have seen which players have been working hard and possibly one or two of the fringe players may have caught the eye and be included in the matchday squad. 

A great deal of consideration goes into selecting the matchday squad - much more complicated than putting balls into a drum......

You are becoming rather pompous. Perhaps it’s old age. Who knows, as time goes by you might that Gary Johnson is a great manager!

28 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Maybe I just feel with the facilities etc we should be achieving more... Also LJ apparently being unsackable is extremely bad for the club.. something just doesn’t feel right to me!

You really need to stop repeating the "unsackable" lie.

And a lie is exactly what it is.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

I know what a tombola drum is pongo - it’s just that I don’t see the connection  with football.

You’ve suggested a it’s an obscure reference to team selection........if you’re right then it seems very obscure indeed.

Im confident that LJ and his assistants have worked all week with the players in training and  they’ll have worked on deferent tactics and practiced them. They’ll have seen which players have been working hard and possibly one or two of the fringe players may have caught the eye and be included in the matchday squad. 

A great deal of consideration goes into selecting the matchday squad - much more complicated than putting balls into a drum......

Robbo, I try not to be rude, but what you said was total rubbish. As they say, the proof is in the pudding, and today’s pudding was indigestible. If that was the result of a week’s working with the players and giving a great deal of consideration into selecting the squad, then the quicker LJ and the assistants go the better 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Robbo, I try not to be rude, but what you said was total rubbish. As they say, the proof is in the pudding, and today’s pudding was indigestible. If that was the result of a week’s working with the players and giving a great deal of consideration into selecting the squad, then the quicker LJ and the assistants go the better 

Head coaches and their assistants  don’t always get right Pongo. If they did then City would be top of the Championship.....

Archived