IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

Now, now let's all calm down and start thinking like our strikers (aka widely outside the box.)

How about a crest with something radically new?

Perhaps a double helix strand individually branded 'Perennial' and 'Underachievers' tied by neuclotidic bonds marked '££££££', 'Ineptitude' and 'Excuses'?

45 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Now, now let's all calm down and start thinking like our strikers (aka widely outside the box.)

How about a crest with something radically new?

Perhaps a double helix strand individually branded 'Perennial' and 'Underachievers' tied by neuclotidic bonds marked '££££££', 'Ineptitude' and 'Excuses'?

Hmmm,  sounds possible, but I'm having trouble imagining what this would like.

Can anybody help with an example?

4 hours ago, David Brent said:

Really hope the club don’t allow fans to submit designs. I don’t necessarily trust the club to get it right but I’m sure it’ll be better than anything I’ve seen suggested so far.

Hope there’s no vote either.

Why surely more options, are better than just the clubs ones ? 

5 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Ok. I respect your opinion. Just as valid as mine. Just because I think it's something a gypsy / chav would have, again it doesn't mean I'm right. 

I suggest you're careful there mate.

Aren't Roma recognised as a race under the Race Relations Act?

On 22 November 2018 at 14:30, Fiale said:

Maybe we should just add a dash of black to our red and white - go for a Panda and corner the Chinese market, all those people, money and tech... let's strike before anyone else. If it all goes to rot we could always try to get a foot in the door of the US by renaming ourselves the Trash Pandas 

trash-panda5.jpg

Red raccoon!

12 hours ago, Badger08 said:

I didn't say I was. I don't see you trot up on your moral high horse when people are calling LJ a midget, idiot, etc. That's perfectly ok. As long as I know the line in the sand. 

I have never referred to Mr Johnson as a midget or an idiot. Check my post history. I do refer to him consistently as Mr. 

You in posts are implying superiority with your derogatory use of Chav and Gypsy in this thread.

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Again, I didn't say you did.  I was just saying you don't get on to anyone else who does like you have with me about the word chav and gypsy.  

Because nobody on this thread and this page has made such a remark in the context you used it. Many people obviously like the Robin. It does not make them a chav or a gypsy for doing so. In post 569 a poster picks up on your use of Gypsy. Have a think about it.  

22 hours ago, TBW said:

That's just laughable.

Or he prefers a badge that is unique and original. Take for example Tottenham, Man Utd or Barcelona, all three of their badges are instantly identifiable at a glance rather than being a generic circle in I've not told 

18 hours ago, Badger08 said:

I own a marketing business! Kidding.  You're right, I don't have a clue about graphic design, but I have an opinion about the end product. The irony is, that you've started off by saying that I'm entitled to my opinion, but then basically told me my opinion isn't valid as I'm not a graphic designer.  

All art is subjective, and that's what it is. My photography is subjective. People give me their opinion on it all the time, positive and negative. 

When I see it, I see basic, dull, simple (not in a good way) and bland. To me, that one tone against the shirt will ultimately look like a Downs League, coral draw, clip art logo. That is my opinion. I'd suggest if you want a career in graphic design, you may want to grow a thicker skin as people won't always like your work, however difficult it may be to produce.

Which is exactly what that attempted logo is! (In my opinion).  

At no point have I told you that your opinion isn't valid, only that saying it looks like a 12 year old is not true and a childish way to critique any design or artwork.

Yes, art is subjective and I give feedback/opinions on artwork daily, the difference is that I do it constructively rather than insulting someone just because my personal preference is that I do not like it. 

Your critique again in this post is insulting and offers nothing that could help improve the design which is exactly why you would make a poor graphics designer or even a client. I deal with clients on a regular basis who say "I don't like it", I'm fine with that but in order to improve a design it requires actual constructive feedback such as "Single-tone isn't working for me, adding some colour would help" or "the tail doesn't flow into the body and could be reshaped?". Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's, the issue is the way that you deliver it as it's disrespectful and insulting, especially when you've not produced anything yourself.

14 hours ago, TBW said:

I like that you added "as crisp" as a get out of jail free card in case I was to manage it. 

I added it because the stupid "I can do that in paint" is something I deal with regularly and on the very rare occasion that someone actually attempts to do so it looks awful. Yes you can come up with any concept in paint, even my 8 year old daughter makes some great art in paint BUT there is a huge difference between something created in paint and something made in photoshop to ensure it looks smooth, without pixelation. I also would like to add if you think you can come up with a better concept than magic man's or my own then feel free to do so. 

I see a lot of "looks crap, I could do better"-esk posts and yet from these comments not a single actual attempt. It would seem no-one is willing to put their art where their mouth is.

4 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Bristol City Badge colour2.jpg

I want the club to stick with the robin badge like in my profile pic but that’s actually not a bad effort. The shape of the robins good but would look better with less lines on it, like just the breast and wing. I think the bridge looks better being incorporated into the top of the badge like others have done instead of just sat on top.

51 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Challenge accepted @spike. This will blow your mind!!

Bristol City Badge.png

Not to my taste but I appreciate that at least you've contributed. I know you may take that as sarcasm but it's not and I actually like your bridge. The robin reminds me of when I got an etch a sketch 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Or he prefers a badge that is unique and original. Take for example Tottenham, Man Utd or Barcelona, all three of their badges are instantly identifiable at a glance rather than being a generic circle in I've not told 

At no point have I told you that your opinion isn't valid, only that saying it looks like a 12 year old is not true and a childish way to critique any design or artwork.

Yes, art is subjective and I give feedback/opinions on artwork daily, the difference is that I do it constructively rather than insulting someone just because my personal preference is that I do not like it. 

Your critique again in this post is insulting and offers nothing that could help improve the design which is exactly why you would make a poor graphics designer or even a client. I deal with clients on a regular basis who say "I don't like it", I'm fine with that but in order to improve a design it requires actual constructive feedback such as "Single-tone isn't working for me, adding some colour would help" or "the tail doesn't flow into the body and could be reshaped?". Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's, the issue is the way that you deliver it as it's disrespectful and insulting, especially when you've not produced anything yourself.

I added it because the stupid "I can do that in paint" is something I deal with regularly and on the very rare occasion that someone actually attempts to do so it looks awful. Yes you can come up with any concept in paint, even my 8 year old daughter makes some great art in paint BUT there is a huge difference between something created in paint and something made in photoshop to ensure it looks smooth, without pixelation. I also would like to add if you think you can come up with a better concept than magic man's or my own then feel free to do so. 

I see a lot of "looks crap, I could do better"-esk posts and yet from these comments not a single actual attempt. It would seem no-one is willing to put their art where their mouth is.

Are you really that upset that some people don’t like your designs? Deary me

Ok, I’ve had enough of clever people on paint etc, I can’t do anything like that so I got the Sharpies out, well one step up from Crayloa. This is a VERY rough idea, cos I can’t be arsed to do it again. Sorry about colours as I did it in black biro first then coloured over so look weird and of course the sizing is wrong. But it’s relatively simple, and SL does love his stadium...

Incase anyone thinks this is a serious attempt, it isn’t so insult away :laugh:

D7401810-8DE8-4076-A0D4-536F543E6F09.jpeg

Archived