IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

On 22/11/2018 at 15:30, Fiale said:

Maybe we should just add a dash of black to our red and white - go for a Panda and corner the Chinese market, all those people, money and tech... let's strike before anyone else. If it all goes to rot we could always try to get a foot in the door of the US by renaming ourselves the Trash Pandas 

trash-panda5.jpg

Maybe we could use a red panda for home games and a normal panda for away games?

So I just spent a little time with Magic Man's concept (which is great and has been received well) and made a few changes, one suggested by @BS4 on Tour... about the Robin facing the Mem and my own change to make the Bridge easily identifiable by those who do not realise what it is.

I also included the design in a few colour schemes that it may be used with:

YqwC9GE.png

KNfVSgv.png

1o4GZqh.png

0CvPwZv.png

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

So I just spent a little time with Magic Man's concept (which is great and has been received well) and made a few changes, one suggested by @BS4 on Tour... about the Robin facing the Mem and my own change to make the Bridge easily identifiable by those who do not realise what it is.

YqwC9GE.png

KNfVSgv.png

1o4GZqh.png

0CvPwZv.png

I like it Spike - great stuff - you and @Magic Man are onto something here...I love how the notoriously territorial robin is glaring towards the sags....send it to the club and split the ruddy gert big cheque between you...

@Spike Your bridge is a great improvement imo.

Think the Robin may need a further bit of tweaking - tail sticking out doesn't look right to me - and the whole bird, covering much of the the bridge and rising above it, perhaps too big?

Overall, good work!

19 minutes ago, TBW said:

Still think it looks crap and amatuer. Look at that besides Brentford, Ajax or PSG badges. It's so poor.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City have rebranded over the past decade and all look better for it.

Leave it to the club. 

PicsArt_11-24-08.00.42.png

Unless I've missed something it is being left to the club.

The ones Spike/Magic man have put on this thread are miles better than any of the 3 above imo.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:15, TBW said:

Does everyone being negative about a rebrand not realise that the Robin badge was a rebrand?

There is no way the Robin can look modern and actually "work" on a badge whilst giving us a look as a forward thinking club.

12 hours ago, TBW said:

Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City have rebranded over the past decade and all look better for it.

Are Arsenal and Chelsea not forward thing clubs? Arsenal and Chelsea are clearly not rebranding via their badges. Arsenals nickname is part of their club emblem. 

12 hours ago, Nbafc said:

The ones Spike/Magic man have put on this thread are miles better than any of the 3 above imo.

That's just laughable.

10 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Chelsea the blues changed their blue lion to a blue lion. Arsenal the gunners changed their cannon to a cannon. that is not a rebrand is it? So Bristol City the Robins should be the Robins??

Apart from our badge isn't a Robin. It's a crest.

7 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Sorry, bit it looks really basic, like a 12 year old has designed it on paint. The 2 tone colour also looks shocking. No, no, no, no 

Exactly! Someone else with some sense. It's basically a stick drawing, it's horrible.

21 hours ago, Spike said:

YqwC9GE.png

KNfVSgv.png

1o4GZqh.png

0CvPwZv.png

That’s a pretty decent effort in my opinion. Well done that man. Few tweaks on that design and we may have a winner. 

10 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Fairplay to the fans for taking the time to come up with differant designs, some are great some not so , it would be nice to have a few ready and poss a vote on the best one to put forward to the club , therefor giving the club idea of what the fans want ?

Please, no.

35 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

That’s a pretty decent effort in my opinion. Well done that man. Few tweaks on that design and we may have a winner. 

I legitimately think I could make this in Paint. 

9 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Sorry, bit it looks really basic, like a 12 year old has designed it on paint. The 2 tone colour also looks shocking. No, no, no, no 

You're more than entitled to your opinion but if you genuinely think it looks like a 12 year old designed it then you obviously have no clue when it comes to graphic design. 

As I've said before, it doesn't matter what someone designs, I've designed a far more complex one but any minimal design will look basic as that is what it's designed for. Our current badge is far more costly to put into an embroidered badge which is more than likely why the club is looking to change the design, much like many other clubs they're looking for something that is instantly identified by also far less costly to print /embroider. 

I've dealt with this for years, everyone is insulting of other people's ideas /designs until they have to come up with their own. 

Honestly, have a go, I'll put money on more people having criticisms than compliments. Changing our clubs crest /logo is an impossible task if you're aiming to please everyone, exactly why I've argued that it should stay the same but it would appear that years of people saying they want change has given the club a chance to actually make that change and I can honestly see us ending up with something horrifically basic and dull. 

28 minutes ago, TBW said:

Please, no.

I legitimately think I could make this in Paint. 

Feel free to have a go. If you can get the design as crisp as that I'd be very impressed. 

22 hours ago, Spike said:

YqwC9GE.png

KNfVSgv.png

1o4GZqh.png

0CvPwZv.png

Really like it! Think the bird needs a bit of reshaping and positioning with the bridge but overall it says everything it has to!

The scale of the bird against the bridge is good, sort of shows the dominance of bcfc within the city of Bristol

22 hours ago, Spike said:

YqwC9GE.png

KNfVSgv.png

1o4GZqh.png

0CvPwZv.png

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Loving the bridge, the overall shape of the badge and it’s beautiful simplicity and balance.

17 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

That is not a answer to the question asked . Who knows what it has to do about your point about Arsenal and Chelsea rebranding. Our badge has been a Robin and its on kit and merch now.

The guy said Arsenal had a canon on their badge on both, Chelsea had a lion on both so we should have a robin on both... But looking at our badge there is no robin to be seen!

Just now, Badger08 said:

Ok. I respect your opinion. Just as valid as mine. Just because I think it's something a gypsy / chav would have, again it doesn't mean I'm right. 

Steady. Ernie is on a fans memorial. I don't understand what point you are making about Gypsies!! Few with those roots are City fans in South Bristol. 

Archived