IGNORED

I like LJ and want him to succeed, am I alone on here?

reddogkev

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Of course i want him to succeed, and as quickly as possible. I say 'Of Course' because I am a City fan, supporter for 50 years and want the best for the owner, the manager, the players and the fans BUT there are some idiots on this forum who are not City fans and wish to cause a flurry of media activity on here and in the evil post by being confrontational and downright negative.

Lj has given us some of the best performances, results and highlights for many years and he clearly likes the Club and the owner. We will see tomorrow and Sunday what sort of reaction he gets from the players to our poor run but i am much less interested in the reaction to our results by the many 'non-supporters' who post on OTIB. THe absolute worst cases are those who think they are funny by posting 'happy clapper' and 'Hello Lee' to anyone wanting to be positive and supportive. To them i say, "are you Darrellin disguise" and "get off our forum".

Bit like you calling anyone who criticises your man crush , as a Gashead 

You seem to see yourself as some kind of super fan 

You talk drivel in your posts  and I assure you , deluded constant cheerleading for LJ does not make you a better fan than anyone else

8 hours ago, Bobfish said:

I don’t care if Lee is “likeable”, I care if the players respect him. I don’t care if he appears to be “a good man who has his head screwed on,” I would rather he be a warnock type clown who takes the flak for his players rather than directly or indirectly blames them. I don’t even care that he spouts how much he loves the club etc, I care if he is competent. He could be a drunk who slurs in front of the camera, has a “shadwell f.c” (I.D.) tattoo on his arse cheek and his name tattooed across his knuckles, who sleeps in the dug out because his wife kicked him out the house, rather than the well-groomed and attired pr ready family man that he is, as long as he is good at his job. Impressing a few clueless suits is not what I want in a manager, I want someone who knows the game, who gets results, who gets the team playing good football, and who the players respect so much they would crawl across broken glass for with their flies unzipped.     

I agree give him the ballboy job

@Robbored, I can't imagine any of us who were around during the early 80s view that time as anything but the darkest days of this club. However, that is irrelevant when considering our current state. I don't know what your view is, but I consider 9 wins from 42 this calendar year (or whatever the actual numbers are) as unacceptable, and given it is sequence almost as long as a league campaign, I think it constitutes more than a blip.

32 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

“Prove the doubters wrong Lee’ ....WTF?!

LJ has had his chance to prove the doubters wrong? He’s had his 3 transfer windows and failed? He’s had chances and bad runs past his failed promises and we are currently no better of then when he took over?! Why do you guys want to give him yet another chance?! 

This behaviour actually borders on madness!

Hmmm,  cough cough

Get the facts right KeepUpLino....

Its FIVE, to date

I posted in another forum that if we are in the relegation zone at Christmas I will be calling for a change. 
Honestly though - some of these Fantasy manager names being banded about - we are Bristol City FFs. We won’t get Moyes or MON or McCarthy - what next - Pep? Jose? Get real - We would get another ‘up and coming’ untried manager from the lower leagues. It’s the same policy as we apply to our players - and it could actually relegate us.  
For me it’s a question of whether things get so bad that it becomes worth a jump into the unknown. 
I really do hope Johnson turns it around though. I don’t enjoy changes of manager and I really really wish him the best, but there is a line which must not be crossed. 

Nothing personal at all - and whatever happens I will always be thankful to Lee for that wonderful night of football last December when we beat Man U in the best game I have ever seen down at AG. 

So cmon Lee - let’s turn it around. 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Robbo, the other week, you thought I was old enough to come to Senior Reds.  Today, I’m not old enough to remember the dark days, perversely great days too. ? ? ?

I’m 48, not old enough for Senior Reds, but go back to 1978...first game v Liverpool.

I’ve gone from Joe Royle to Terry Boyle!

Errington Kelly to Lloyd Kelly via David Kelly ?

John Bailey to Bailey Wright

Alan Walsh to Liam Walsh

David Smith to Korey Smith

Bob Taylor to Matty Taylor

40 years....I’m not saying this is the worst, but it ain’t great either / Ivor (Guy) ?

1 minute ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I posted in another forum that if we are in the relegation zone at Christmas I will be calling for a change. 
Honestly though - some of these Fantasy manager names being banded about - we are Bristol City FFs. We won’t get Moyes or MON or McCarthy - what next - Pep? Jose? Get real - We would get another ‘up and coming’ untried manager from the lower leagues. It’s the same policy as we apply to our players - and it could actually relegate us.  
For me it’s a question of whether things get so bad that it becomes worth a jump into the unknown. 
I really do hope Johnson turns it around though. I don’t enjoy changes of manager and I really really wish him the best, but there is a line which must not be crossed. 

Nothing personal at all - and whatever happens I will always be thankful to Lee for that wonderful night of football last December when we beat Man U in the best game I have ever seen down at AG. 

Wow!

6 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

You really picked the wrong team to support: 21 managerial changes in the 38 years since Dicks Out was actually a thing.

18 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

You really picked the wrong team to support: 21 managerial changes in the 38 years since Dicks Out was actually a thing.

I didn’t actually CHOSE to support Bristol City

i was BORN to support them. I was born in Dundry, south Bristol so by default City were my team. I can’t imagine supporting any other   team  

My parents moved there from Filton a few years earlier - I shudder to think how I may have grown up if they had stayed there!!!

Plastic fans choose their teams by picking the most successful team on TV.  Mine is in my blood and heritage. Some might say it’s a curse - a lifetime of underachieving, disappointments and misery. 

3 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Lot in this mate.  I don't wish him any ill. Like many others he has been put in an impossible situation. He's beginning to behave like McInnes, it's a bad sign that the team changes in a bewildering fashion from game to game

That's been my concern-it's starting to feel a lot like Del's final few games in charge (although back then we were utter, utter turd). I want Lee to do well but his latest tinkering and constant purchasing (and not playing) of players is very frustrating. 

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

..I’m not saying this is the worst, but it ain’t great either / Ivor (Guy) ?

My point is that some posters think that under LJ it’s been utter shite but if they had been around in the early 80s they’d know that that was real shite..........this period of indifferent results is peanuts compared to free falling down the leagues......

Any of us can recall series of matches in previous campaigns under different managers that have been far worse than this current blip and yet reading throughout the negative shite  on here you’d think we’d been relegated already.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

My point is that some posters think that under LJ it’s been utter shite but if they had been around in the early 80s they’d know that that was real shite..........this period of indifferent results is peanuts compared to free falling down the leagues......

Any of us can recall series of matches in previous campaigns under different managers that have been far worse than this current blip and yet reading throughout the negative shite  on here you’d think we’d been relegated already.

Can you tell me the last time one of our managers won just nine of forty-two league games? 

I imagine that it was O'Driscoll, but I stand to be corrected. 

3 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Can you tell me the last time one of our managers won just nine of forty-two league games? 

Irrelevant - City have played 18 league matches this season and won a third of them.......not so shabby when you put a positive spin on it.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

0eb47a2545fc4a6b664e55b37a3d2f2a--phone-

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Irrelevant - City have played 18 league matches this season and won a third of them.......not so shabby when you put a positive spin on it.

Oh my god. Irrelevant?? 

It's altogether far more relevant than what happened in 1982.

Are you happy now that I have bitten? 

Jesus Christ. 

57 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I didn’t actually CHOSE to support Bristol City

i was BORN to support them. I was born in Dundry, south Bristol so by default City were my team. I can’t imagine supporting any other   team  

My parents moved there from Filton a few years earlier - I shudder to think how I may have grown up if they had stayed there!!!

Plastic fans choose their teams by picking the most successful team on TV.  Mine is in my blood and heritage. Some might say it’s a curse - a lifetime of underachieving, disappointments and misery. 

Don't worry.I'm from Filton and saw the light the first time I went to City. Plenty of others there when I was young.

Archived