IGNORED

Game time - call to arms

daored

There is no doubting there is a large dose of negativity at the moment, and no doubting Johnson is under immense pressure. 

This week sees City play a team who haven’t won at home and another who haven’t won away, both teams below us in the league. For me we have to be looking at four points as a minimum, anything less and the table will not make good reading. 

Johnson time to cut the bullshit, it’s time to motivate the team, chest out and sleeves round up. We will need fighters tonight and Sunday, players who are prepared for a battle. I can’t see these two games being pretty. 

41 minutes ago, daored said:

This week sees City play a team who haven’t won at home and another who haven’t won away, both teams below us in the league. 

That’s not much of a barometer tbh. Stoke,Reading and Preston were as well. On paper our recent run of fixtures is/was very favourable.

19 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Well the last para aint gonna happen as they will want it more than us; Tonights game will hardly effect our finishing position only the actions or not, of SL will do that.

I think that’s my point tonight is a gsme where we’ll have to battle and it’s up to the players to be prepared to do that, and also Johnson to motivate them and ‘gee’ them up.

In terms of finishing positions, one result does not have an impact in the final league table I agree, but the positives a win would give Ipswich can’t be denied?  Plus we play on Sunday , come k/o Sunday we could be only a few points off the bottom three

There needs to be a reaction tonight, the players and the coaches need to put on a display but more importantly get a result.

I watched the HC’s comments after Leeds on the official site last night - my view differed hugely from his, we never looked like we were going to win that game in a million years.

I do hope his public comments were the exact opposite to his comments in the dressing room - if the players take their “pat on the back” as a sign all is well we are in trouble.

Lets see what happens but I am sure Lambert sees tonight as a good chance to get his first win.

1 hour ago, Bri Stool City said:

Well the last para aint gonna happen as they will want it more than us; Tonights game will hardly effect our finishing position only the actions or not, of SL will do that.

You think the results in league games doesn’t effect our finishing position..?! 

I’ve heard some utter rubbish in my time, but seriously..?! 

It’s clear you are just lining up your post match dismissal of any positive result that we might manage, but still. Utter nonsense..!

2 hours ago, daored said:

There is no doubting there is a large dose of negativity at the moment, and no doubting Johnson is under immense pressure. 

This week sees City play a team who haven’t won at home and another who haven’t won away, both teams below us in the league. For me we have to be looking at four points as a minimum, anything less and the table will not make good reading. 

Johnson time to cut the bullshit, it’s time to motivate the team, chest out and sleeves round up. We will need fighters tonight and Sunday, players who are prepared for a battle. I can’t see these two games being pretty. 

Good post but we don't have a "sleeves up fighter" in our squad IMO. Where are the leaders on the pitch? Where is the passion on the touchline? I don't see it myself. It's boring watching us  atm.  LJ  must be drinking in the last chance saloon. For me we have to win both of the next 2 games or I feel something will kick off Sunday with our supporters.

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

There needs to be a reaction tonight, the players and the coaches need to put on a display but more importantly get a result.

I watched the HC’s comments after Leeds on the official site last night - my view differed hugely from his, we never looked like we were going to win that game in a million years.

I do hope his public comments were the exact opposite to his comments in the dressing room - if the players take their “pat on the back” as a sign all is well we are in trouble.

Lets see what happens but I am sure Lambert sees tonight as a good chance to get his first win.

There are no easy matches in this division, except for our opponents.

:ranting:

Proove me wrong you pussies ! 

Nothing less than victory and your guts left on the pitch at the end of the game .

We know you can do it . 

1 hour ago, marmite said:

Good post but we don't have a "sleeves up fighter" in our squad IMO. Where are the leaders on the pitch? 

This is the most worrying comment, how long have we heard this mentioned above having no leaders and still not rectified 

10 minutes ago, daored said:

This is the most worrying comment, how long have we heard this mentioned above having no leaders and still not rectified 

Last season we had leaders - players who would put in a challenge, or chase a lost cause which would give a boost to the crowd.

Problem is we sold them...

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

There are no easy matches in this division, except for our opponents.

:ranting:

Proove me wrong you pussies ! 

Nothing less than victory and your guts left on the pitch at the end of the game .

We know you can do it . 

Lose at home to Millwall can see the excuses now.   Gutless performance, no guts blah blah ?

We lack not only leaders but winners, characters, and individual heroes for the fans to identify with.

We've got a dull team with very little individual or collective passion or fight, and lower mid table is the very best we can hope for.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You think the results in league games doesn’t effect our finishing position..?! Didn`t say that

I’ve heard some utter rubbish in my time, but seriously..?! you didn't hear it you thought you read it

It’s clear you are just lining up your post match dismissal of any positive result that we might manage, but still. Utter nonsense..! Wrong again would love us to win the next 10 games, but we wont

I asked you this a while back but you didn`t take it on; If the current manager gets us in a top half finish I will not post on here again next season but if he doesn't you don't? fancy it or have you no confidence in LJ really to move us forward.

This offer uptake ends at kick off tonight :dunno: and is only open to you.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, grifty said:

Last season we had leaders - players who would put in a challenge, or chase a lost cause which would give a boost to the crowd.

Problem is we sold them...

I'm not so sure I agree with that @grifty, Lee Johnson has been saying for a lot longer period of time that we lacked real leaders out on the ptich

Sadly even though this was highlighted over a year ago, still we haven't recruited anyone suitable and are just hoping someone steps up from within the ranks

1 minute ago, Bri Stool City said:

I asked you this a while back but you didn`t take it on; If the current manager gets us in a top half finish I will not post on here again next season but if he doesn't you don't? fancy it or have you no confidence in LJ really to move us forward.

This offer uptake ends at kick off tonight :dunno: and is only open to you.

Why would I want to stop posting on here if my support & belief in a manager proves to be misplaced..? 

Why would you want to stop posting if we are doing reasonably well..? 

I think your obsession with our manager is beginning to cause you issues that judge your reasoning. 

I’m quite happy to see how the season pans out and base my views on my own judgements, thanks. 

35 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We lack not only leaders but winners, characters, and individual heroes for the fans to identify with.

We've got a dull team with very little individual or collective passion or fight, and lower mid table is the very best we can hope for.

Could also apply more or less to the fans at AG these days as well. Grandfather Son and grandson sat behind at last match shouting come on Bristol! Rugby fans apparently. After 50 years of support its not the same anymore.

• Admin
1 hour ago, blockbrowt1 said:

Could also apply more or less to the fans at AG these days as well. Grandfather Son and grandson sat behind at last match shouting come on Bristol! Rugby fans apparently. After 50 years of support its not the same anymore.

Sorry @blockbrowt1 but I have no idea what point you were making here?

I was listening to 606 the other night after the Huddersfield game and one of their fans said how "the club is more together than at any time I can remember". He cited the Chairman and the Managers relationship as a key factor and that filtered down to the fans. For some reason, at this club, the Manager and the Chairman having a special relationship is the cause of a huge amount of unrest at the club. 

3 hours ago, blockbrowt1 said:

I'd disagree.

We've still got plenty of passionate fans, and characters, in the AG crowd, but we are subdued by what's going on on the pitch. Or not going on.

It's increasingly difficult to rouse that passion when the football is so boring, uneventful and uninspiring that you have little option but to remain slumped silently in your seat for the duration.

Compare the 2nd half of the Stoke game with the vast majority of other home games - give us something to shout about, a City team playing with passion and going all out for the opposition's throat, and there's no lack of noise and support at AG.

Yet again we are in the position of awaiting the arrival of a new inspirational leader to reawaken the fans by giving us a team who can regularly produce the sort of spirited displays us BCFC fans have every right to expect.

Archived