IGNORED

Enough of all this Johnson out Rubbish

reddogkev

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

Lansdown has gone down that road of change change change. Risk risk risk.. Where did it get us? We can't compete financially with these teams. The biggest risk for us to go up is braking the bank with wages and transfer fees. That will be the only way to get to the prem. Personally I dont want to risk going bust for it. Do you? Big managers won't want to come here with low budgets!! 

There are teams with smaller budgets than ours who have reached the prem so why not us

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Thats a bit Harsh on Cotts the only manager since I've supported City to win the league and do the double in the same season 

In div one yeah. I agree was brilliant, loved every second of it. But he has never done it in the championship and under him in this league we were diabolical!! Wouldn't change from that bloody 3-5-2.

26 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

No nibbles mate, there is still thousands of fans that can see why Johnson is still our manager. I know alot and they won't come on here cause of the idiots. These idiots are always the same people and it makes it out to be alot that want him out. Well we are sitting mid table and with a win Sunday will be nearer the play offs than relegation. Forums are just for people to have a moan, not what the true fan base want!!

Bye then superfan

30 years .....wooooooooh

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bye then superfan

30 years .....wooooooooh

The only reason I said how long, was to get my point across that we have gone down the sacking route before and it hasn't worked for over 12 managers. Wasn't trying to make out I was a super fan. There is people on here that have been a lot longer

Just now, keynshamred said:

The only reason I said how long, was to get my point across that we have gone down the sacking route before and it hasn't worked for over 12 managers. Wasn't trying to make out I was a super fan. There is people on here that have been a lot longer

‘Idiots’

’Muppets’

You are clearly the new Messiah , or have you merely labelled and boxed yourself 

6 minutes ago, westonred said:

There are teams with smaller budgets than ours who have reached the prem so why not us

That is Lansdowns call and maybe he has had enough of risk and paying out contracts. Maybe he wants to build gradually and use a manager that knows the club and will use the academy. Which Johnson is doing well. We get a new manager in, I can guarantee some of these younger kids wony get a look in. It will be the hear and now. It's about the bigger picture and building a team amd club while staying in the league!! 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

‘Idiots’

’Muppets’

You are clearly the new Messiah , or have you merely labelled and boxed

I hardly ever come on here to be honest, cause of the same old posters and same old waffle. Same old moans and groans. But just wanted to point out that the forum isn't always what the fans see or want. It's just a place for you to moan. Prob like that last 30 years of trying to get managers out. Repeat the same rubbish year after year!! Anyway was enjoying good debate with weston red. 

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

I hardly ever come on here to be honest, cause of the same old posters and same old waffle. Same old moans and groans. But just wanted to point out that the forum isn't always what the fans see or want. It's just a place for you to moan. Prob like that last 30 years of trying to get managers out. Repeat the same rubbish year after year!! Anyway was enjoying good debate with weston red. 

And when you do , you refer to swathes of posters as idiots and muppets, from behind your keyboard of coursE

Impressive

Maybe you’d like to explain our playing ethos or something more testing

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

And when you do , you refer to swathes of posters as idiots and muppets, from behind your keyboard of coursE

Impressive

Maybe you’d like to explain our playing ethos or something more testing

I was referring to former managers as muppets. This is what alot of fans call Johnson isn't it or worse? 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Your labelling of others  or is that just ‘in general’ with the keyboard ?

Didn't realise the word idiot was such a controversial word to be honest? I'm sure we have all been called it in our life time. Not really sure this is anything to do with the debate we were having but you've done a good job getting away from it!! ? 

7 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Didn't realise the word idiot was such a controversial word to be honest? I'm sure we have all been called it in our life time. Not really sure this is anything to do with the debate we were having but you've done a good job getting away from it!! ? 

Your limited posting history amounts to two subjects

1 Undying defence of anything LJ

2 Insulting anyone and everyone who doesn’t agree with your man crush

And I’ll leave it there

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Your limited posting history amounts to two subjects

1 Undying defence of anything LJ

2 Insulting anyone and everyone who doesn’t agree with your man crush

Limited posting on here. That makes me laugh. Who cares, I have a life away from negative rubbish I occasionally read on here. This is why I don't bother. Never much positivity on here and when we win this forum Is like a ghost town. Hilarious!! If idiot is insulting you better get out a bit more!! You are the typical user of a forum. ? 

16 hours ago, keynshamred said:

We have played well in parts of games, but that's my point there is two teams playing in a tight league and not one team will dominate a game for 90 minutes. I've watched plenty of championship football this year and can't say many teams dominate or entertain apart from maybe Leeds and villa. Look what they have spent on forward players and there wages. We're miles behind in terms of these players but yet we sit in a good position as it stands. A win Sunday and it could be 11 pts of relegation and 4/5 off play offs. City fans quick to get so negative but when we go on a run are silent. Enjoy the ride!! 

I completely agree with this. It's a very tight division , results remain unpredictable and most games I've watched are very even affairs. Taking aside budget , playing staff , manager, size of the clubs and tactics, I think the only way any team can hope to dominate a game for 90 mins is to play against us.

3 minutes ago, reddoc said:

I completely agree with this. It's a very tight division , results remain unpredictable and most games I've watched are very even affairs. Taking aside budget , playing staff , manager, size of the clubs and tactics, I think the only way any team can hope to dominate a game for 90 mins is to play against us

Did that dominating against us, result in us getting a hiding and us being near the bottom of the league? Curious!! 

13 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Did that dominating against us, result in us getting a hiding and us being near the bottom of the league? Curious!! 

You possibly shouldn't take every gross generalisation on here quite so seriously, but I'd say let's wait and see for the latter, because that's our current direction of travel , assuming we can't replicate the stunning performance we produced against the mighty Ipswich every week.

2 minutes ago, reddoc said:

You possibly shouldn't take every gross generalisation on here quite so seriously, but I'd say let's wait and see for the latter, because that's our current direction of travel , assuming we can't replicate the stunning performance we produced against the mighty Ipswich every week.

Yes let's wait and see, this team will not be going down!! I've seen alot of relegation teams and this isn't one of them. Can u you name a game where we got thrashed this season? All close games where in alot could have gone either way with good finishing. Very fine margins!! This team, squad and management will finish mid table!!

5 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Yes let's wait and see, this team will not be going down!! I've seen alot of relegation teams and this isn't one of them. Can u you name a game where we got thrashed this season? All close games where in alot could have gone either way with good finishing. Very fine margins!! This team, squad and management will finish mid table!!

There have been several where we have been completely outplayed, but numerically no thrashings obviously. Anyway more to the point, what do you think of our style of play ...

13 minutes ago, reddoc said:

There have been several where we have been completely outplayed, but numerically no thrashings obviously. Anyway more to the point, what do you think of our style of play ...

We had a style of play last year. Loved it, was brilliant, but by the new year we got found out. Sheffield United are doing the same this year but will get found out like us.

Managers have alot more technology these days to break down how each team play. There strengths and weaknesses.

Dont think style of play is the big thing it used to be. We have tried different methods to win different games and we've done ok. A good run now would leave us on track for where we should be on budget. A good mid table finish. An established championship club for yet another season. I've said before if we get a buyer with money expect more, or if lansdown decides its time to gamble with wages and transfer fees, expect more!! 

2 hours ago, westonred said:

Excuse me mate i have followed City for over 50 years and you are saying im an Idiot and not a true fan because i want a change for the better I had supported LJ up to now but its time for a change thats from a True Supporter CTID

Ok, why is it time for a change now? I've asked this to a few people and keep hearing the same nonsense, that the football is terrible or various degrees of shit.  That is subjective and I disagree.  There have been bad games, of course there has, Preston and Reading are the main two this season that come to mind.  Some mention the Wigan game, but that was our 2nd away game within 3 days and Wigan were League One champions last season (If I recall correctly).  We would have beat Stoke by 2 or 3 goals if Butland didn't play so well, and it was a cracking game.

So, as one True Supporter to another of over 30 years, why does LJ have to go now?  Do you fear relegation is on the cards?  Can't you see that there is a chance we can still finish in the top 8 this season?  And yes, that is not crazy, if Lee gets us playing again like he has already shown he can for several good months here, we will easily climb the table.  Why the sudden rush to oust LJ and potentially hire a man who might want to rip everything up and set the club back a few years?  Do you think there's a line of top class managers beating the doors down at Ashton Gate, perhaps led by David Moyes?   I'll be intrigued to hear your further answers.

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Yup, people need to understand we didn’t win because we were good. We were just less shit than Ipswich (even gifted an og) 

LJ hasn’t ‘turned it around’ we just finally found someone in worse form than us 

Sturny, there is nothing to turn around this season; we have suffered some bad results, that is all, despite this we are 14th in the table, 6 points off of the top six.  There are ten worse teams than us in the Championship, that is a fact at the moment.

After we have beat Milwall on Sunday (which I'm confident we will) let's see where we are then.

9 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Amazing how most want him out yet one win against a god awful side and a post like this rears its ugly head

But you're completely wrong, most do not want Lee out of the job, only a loud minority who seek to derail every thread with the same old nonsense.

Why do you suppose the first post has received 68 likes, if most people want LJ out? 

I think most people, myself included, want us to support the team and the manager, and stop the vocal few spoiling OTIB by always calling for Lee to be sacked.

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

Yup, people need to understand we didn’t win because we were good. We were just less shit than Ipswich (even gifted an og) 

LJ hasn’t ‘turned it around’ we just finally found someone in worse form than us 

I’d say that was a fair assessment of Wednesday, yes. However, it’s only by winning games that we can regain confidence. 

It’s not as though Wednesday was our only win of the season. IF, yes it’s currently a big “if” but IF we beat Millwall on Sunday, we will have won as many games as we’ve lost, in a very tough division, with a squad that has had its spine ripped out for much of this season, through player sales or injury. (Reid, Flint, Bryan, Smith, Fielding, Baker/Kalas, plus some of the new players and Pisano) 

Despite all this, we sit mid table. It’s not brilliant, but it’s certainly no disaster, taking all the circumstances into account. 

What we MUST do is get back to some form and start dictating games again. I believe we look like we lack ideas and invention too often, but that comes with confidence. 

Too many people on here seem to think that management is easy and someone else would just come in and improve us. Much like Ipswich fans probably thought last season. 

Just now, reddogkev said:

But you're completely wrong, most do not want Lee out of the job, only a loud minority who seek to derail every thread with the same old nonsense.

Why do you suppose the first post has received 68 likes, if most people want LJ out? 

I think most people, myself included, want us to support the team and the manager, and stop the vocal few spoiling OTIB by always calling for Lee to be sacked.

And you have consulted the entire fanbase?

Maybe you are the noisy minority?

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Ok, why is it time for a change now? I've asked this to a few people and keep hearing the same nonsense, that the football is terrible or various degrees of shit.  That is subjective and I disagree.  There have been bad games, of course there has, Preston and Reading are the main two this season that come to mind.  Some mention the Wigan game, but that was our 2nd away game within 3 days and Wigan were League One champions last season (If I recall correctly).  We would have beat Stoke by 2 or 3 goals if Butland didn't play so well, and it was a cracking game.

So, as one True Supporter to another of over 30 years, why does LJ have to go now?  Do you fear relegation is on the cards?  Can't you see that there is a chance we can still finish in the top 8 this season?  And yes, that is not crazy, if Lee gets us playing again like he has already shown he can for several good months here, we will easily climb the table.  Why the sudden rush to oust LJ and potentially hire a man who might want to rip everything up and set the club back a few years?  Do you think there's a line of top class managers beating the doors down at Ashton Gate, perhaps led by David Moyes?   I'll be intrigued to hear your further answers.

There needs to be a total shake up starting with Mark Ashton our recruitment is a joke we are crying out for a decent forward and instead of bringing in a Marriott or Abraham who were both keen to come (allegedly) we always bring in the cheap option Eisa and Adelakun are players for the future and no way ready for championship football. Look also at the last January window what an absolute joke,  Diony had anyone actually seen the guy play before getting him in on loan ?  We also need a good creative attacking midfielder as we have no one to open up an oppostions defence .  LJ seems tactic less he doesnt know his best starting 11 makes poor subsitutions (most of the time) and the football we are playing since the Man Utd game has been dire

Thats why i think we need a change now !!  

Well, the thread title is clear, and has received 68 forms of endorsement; a previous thread asking if LJ should realistically be sacked, or something to that affect, has not received any endorsement, so you do the maths!

Also, the attendances at Ashton Gate are still quite high compared to years gone by.  I suggest most people are content -if not overly excited - with Lee Johnson as the manager.

He is doing a steady job minus 4 proven first teamers from last year, and is sitting 6 points out of the play off spots.  Lee is alright by most of us.

Archived