IGNORED

Enough of all this Johnson out Rubbish

reddogkev

58 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

That's an interesting take on things.

I would though contend that people's expectations this season have been set by the owner to a great extent.

I've said this before - I think that there is sometimes a difference with what the club privately expect and what they publicly expect.

Clearly the long term aim is the premier league - but we know that that is not at any and all cost.

Personally, I think the fairly non-committal IMO aim for this season of finishing higher than 11th says a lot. He also said in the same interview finishing "in the top half of the table...is what it is all about". There has been nothing about promotion or play-offs this season.

Right now, almost half way through the season we are 1 point off the top half of the table, and 1 point off the place we finished last season....

So I think you have your answer about the clubs expectations - obviously the fans have their own. But when the club sells off it's three prize playing assets over the summer, you can read in between the lines. 

29 minutes ago, westonred said:

Tammy himself said he would love to come back to BS3 and play for us again. Whilst Marriott was away on his honeymoon his best mate congratulated him on Twitter for signing for BCFC  (apparently a done deal upon his return)  However Derby showed there interest as soon as Lampard was installed as manager and he chose them instead

I had seen the Tammy comment, forgot to change the opening line. But the club can't afford to be shelling out £50,000 a week on a loan on top of a loan fee, we know how close to FFP we came last season. 

IF a deal had been agreed for Marriott then it's not the clubs fault if he chose to go elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

I had seen the Tammy comment, forgot to change the opening line. But the club can't afford to be shelling out £50,000 a week on a loan on top of a loan fee, we know how close to FFP we came last season. 

IF a deal had been agreed for Marriott then it's not the clubs fault if he chose to go elsewhere. 

Not its not the clubs fault but there are ways round these things like getting local companies to sponsor some of the players wages this has been done in the past. There are some big companies in Bristol i'm sure a number of them would be interested in having sole advertising rights for England international Abraham 

59 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I've said this before - I think that there is sometimes a difference with what the club privately expect and what they publicly expect.

Clearly the long term aim is the premier league - but we know that that is not at any and all cost.

Personally, I think the fairly non-committal IMO aim for this season of finishing higher than 11th says a lot. He also said in the same interview finishing "in the top half of the table...is what it is all about". There has been nothing about promotion or play-offs this season.

Right now, almost half way through the season we are 1 point off the top half of the table, and 1 point off the place we finished last season....

So I think you have your answer about the clubs expectations - obviously the fans have their own. But when the club sells off it's three prize playing assets over the summer, you can read in between the lines. 

To be honest, I think that most fans hoped for an improvement this season, but that simply had to be mid table again albeit without the peaks and troughs and with a more settled approach to games and selections.Unfortunately that hasn't happened and the simmering resentment of a coach who got out of jail before has resurfaced.

3 hours ago, keynshamred said:

I expect alot of teams down the bottom have played attractive football and look where they are? It's not all about attractive football it's about staying in this league first and foremost within the budget we have!! I will add at times the football has been very good. Did you go to wba? We lost. We've  played attractive football under other managers and where did it get us. No where!! Up and down the leagues. This league is 5th best in the world don't forget and one of the most competitive!! 

Who said this league is the 5 th best in the world ??? , don’t believe all the hype from sky.

5 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Who said this league is the 5 th best in the world ??? , don’t believe all the hype from sky.

I was thinking exactly that earlier - it is frankly bollocks to suggest the Champ is the worlds 5th best league.

In terms of "best"

Prem ok Bundesliga ok La Liga ok Serie A...ok 

Ligue 1 ? Bundesliga 2 ? Brazilian Serie A ?

Not sure on quality so on size, all of the above plus

J League comparable/better crowds

MLS ditto although Atlanta are way bigger

China Super League - bigger

As you say Sky hype now that they have less and less to broadcast.

On 29/11/2018 at 11:32, reddogkev said:

I wasn't strong enough with my thread a few days ago, now I will be.  I can't stand all this Johnson Out Crap.

The man is the Bristol City manager and a former player, who cares about the club; he deserves more respect and class then a few on here are showing him.

Leave the man alone and support the City.  Get down there on Sunday and cheer the lads to (hopefully) another win.

I'm not a happy clapper, I just honestly feel LJ is doing a good job in a bloody difficult league, where he is having his hands tied a bit by SL and the lack of spending power / sales of top assets.

I'm in bullish mood today, so if anyone wants to row about LJ, let's ave it on here!

Top post this one Kev, and from the reaction it does confirm that only a small minority are against LJ. 

7 hours ago, keynshamred said:

Compete for top 6? That is a utter rubbish. Some of these clubs have parachute payments flooding in and rich foreign owners. Our budget is 14th in the league. Where are we? Right on par. Can you sack a manager on that basis? 

Interesting. I admire your acceptance of a mediocre manager and no ambition to achieve with the resources available  a clear strategy to achieve more. You really need a few lessons in reality and what exceptional performance management can deliver. You are talking complete rubbish. 

26 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Interesting. I admire your acceptance of a mediocre manager and no ambition to achieve with the resources available  a clear strategy to achieve more. You really need a few lessons in reality and what exceptional performance management can deliver. You are talking complete rubbish. 

Or do you mean an up and coming manager with his hands tied as we sold 3 of out top players without replacing to the same standard! There is ambition but a realistic one. One that will take time to build. All city fans want is now now now. Lansdown is now sticking by a younf manager who is bringing through young talent. Maybe Jan or maybe the summer we will be in a position to spend more money and improve a mid table team into a top 6 side. Talk complete rubbish, Have some respect, that was what I was told earlier by BobBobSuperBob !! Football is about opinions and that is mine!! 

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

But you're completely wrong, most do not want Lee out of the job, only a loud minority who seek to derail every thread with the same old nonsense.

Why do you suppose the first post has received 68 likes, if most people want LJ out? 

I think most people, myself included, want us to support the team and the manager, and stop the vocal few spoiling OTIB by always calling for Lee to be sacked.

And yet only one person agreed to this post

And as for "Completely wrong" and the "Noisy minority"

Capture 2.JPG

2 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

I personally think you are talking complete rubbish, but hey that’s football and city I guess 

On 29/11/2018 at 15:18, hodge said:

Just looking at the automatic and play offs at the moment

• Norwich - Farke, unproven championship manager
  • Leeds - Bielsa, very good manager but not 'championship proven'. We'd be unlikely to tempt someone of his calibre from abroad.
  • Middlesbrough - Pulis.... Do I need to answer this one?
  • West Brom - Darren Moore, unproven manager
  • Sheffield Utd - Wilder, not a proven championship manager
  • Forest - Karanka, took 3 seasons to get Middlesbrough promoted when they were considered among favourites to go up each time requiring big funds to do so, would City fans be so patient? Forest is only his 2nd job as manager.

Frank Lampard's Derby County in 7th as well

Recently promoted teams, Jokanovic only had 1 seasons management in Watford (albeit successful) before taking over at Fulham, Huddersfield plucked Wagner into his first role, Nuno Santo despite managing Valencia and Porto only stayed at each for one season and wasn't a success at Porto. You can say the likes of Hughton, Warnock etc have been promoted but my point is its a very mixed bag of the experience of managers who get their teams promoted and going for an experienced manager doesn't guarantee it, Bruce at Villa, Derby/Stoke with Rowett, various clubs appointing McClaren etc.

Personally don't believe its about getting a 'proven' manager, its about getting a manager who is the right fit for the club and their style fits the players we have/can establish it.

With the exceptional Darren Moore, look at their experience after playing.  They all did an apprenticeship at various levels as Assistants.  Karanka at Real, Farke at Dortmund.  Bielsa, Pulis and Wilder all successful over numerous years in their own right.

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

With the exceptional Darren Moore, look at their experience after playing.  They all did an apprenticeship at various levels as Assistants.  Karanka at Real, Farke at Dortmund.  Bielsa, Pulis and Wilder all successful over numerous years in their own right.

Not querying that, but when people on here say we need an experienced championship manager the ones currently being successful aren't.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yet you conveniently forget that last season Warnock got promoted and Bruce and Pulis took their teams into the play offs....experienced managers being successful....

I mentioned all three in the original post....

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

I mentioned all three in the original post....

Yeh but you didn’t mention them in the original post in a ‘they are successful’ way - you said:

“Pulis - do I need to answer this one?” - in an obvious, ‘he was shite for us and he’s ex gas so we hate him’ sort of way 

“Going for an experienced manager doesn’t guarantee success, eg Bruce at Villa..”

Although you did briefly reference Warnock getting promoted....so you may have mentioned all three of them, but not in a positive way - they all finished in the top six - experienced managers being successful....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh but you didn’t mention them in the original post in a ‘they are successful’ way - you said:

“Pulis - do I need to answer this one?” - in an obvious, ‘he was shite for us and he’s ex gas so we hate him’ sort of way 

“Going for an experienced manager doesn’t guarantee success, eg Bruce at Villa..”

Although you did briefly reference Warnock getting promoted....so you may have mentioned all three of them, but not in a positive way - they all finished in the top six - experienced managers being successful....

The reference to Pulis was more everyone knows what you get with him, team will do well but the football itself will be tedious, Johnson currently being criticised for poor football when you could argue we're in an average(ish) position for us, could picture our fans having little patience with someone like that. For Bruce it was mentioned how much money he's spent at Villa but unable to get them out of the division.

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

The reference to Pulis was more everyone knows what you get with him, team will do well but the football itself will be tedious, Johnson currently being criticised for poor football when you could argue we're in an average(ish) position for us, could picture our fans having little patience with someone like that. For Bruce it was mentioned how much money he's spent at Villa but unable to get them out of the division.

Cheers for the reply H - it’s so difficult this ‘appointing a manager / Head Coach’ lark - I’ve always been an advocate for getting in a gnarly, old school, proven guy at this level - those types do tend to end up at the top - but then you get the guy at Wolves last season and the guy who Fulham have just sacked - they hit the ground running just after arriving here and both succeeded - but then again the blokes like Mick McCarthy, Roy Keane, Warnock, O’Neill, Pearson, Adkins also enjoyed pretty instant success - so I just don’t know! Thank goodness I’m not a multi billionaire owner of an under achieving club in a big city....

On 29/11/2018 at 10:32, reddogkev said:

I wasn't strong enough with my thread a few days ago, now I will be.  I can't stand all this Johnson Out Crap.

The man is the Bristol City manager and a former player, who cares about the club; he deserves more respect and class then a few on here are showing him.

Leave the man alone and support the City.  Get down there on Sunday and cheer the lads to (hopefully) another win.

I'm not a happy clapper, I just honestly feel LJ is doing a good job in a bloody difficult league, where he is having his hands tied a bit by SL and the lack of spending power / sales of top assets.

I'm in bullish mood today, so if anyone wants to row about LJ, let's ave it on here!

I'm definitely with you, Kev. I stuck with LJ all the way through the dark times last season, and i still see no reason to doubt his ability and commitment to the cause and the club.  No amount of negativity from the 'Lee-moaners' will persuade me otherwise.

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers for the reply H - it’s so difficult this ‘appointing a manager / Head Coach’ lark - I’ve always been an advocate for getting in a gnarly, old school, proven guy at this level - those types do tend to end up at the top - but then you get the guy at Wolves last season and the guy who Fulham have just sacked - they hit the ground running just after arriving here and both succeeded - but then again the blokes like Mick McCarthy, Roy Keane, Warnock, O’Neill, Pearson, Adkins also enjoyed pretty instant success - so I just don’t know! Thank goodness I’m not a multi billionaire owner of an under achieving club in a big city....

I think most people are glad they don't own Rovers :shifty:

But I agree its very difficult in choosing a manager, while you see the likes of Wagner, Karanka, Farke have done alright coming over can you imagine City fans reactions if we brought one over and they failed? 

18 hours ago, keynshamred said:

Why are we worse than last year? We sold our 3 best players without re investing all the money. We are not in a finacial position to either!! Constantly losing money year in year out!! 

You dont need to spend all the money to become better.. In theory you need the right players and talent to fit in his way of playing. That doesn't mean spending absolute millions. 

Archived