IGNORED

Enough of all this Johnson out Rubbish

reddogkev

4 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

You dont need to spend all the money to become better.. In theory you need the right players and talent to fit in his way of playing. That doesn't mean spending absolute millions. 

Indeed.  But you have to have a clear identity / style way of playing.  You then recruit accordingly.

LJ has told us he needed to go a bit more direct this season, because he lost Bobby Reid.

So, some questions.  

• Why replace Reid with Weimann if you’re going to go more direct (I like Weimann personally)
  • Why sell Djúric if you’re going to go more direct
  • Why sell Djúric if you’re going to go more direct, and have Diedhiou suspended for the first 6 games. 

I actually think the ‘go more direct’ comment is him justifying why Diedhiou has played, even though poorly, and justifying the £5m+ outlay.

Also noticed that when we’ve won, LJ’s post match interviews always include a comment that “we’ve worked on that this week”...which always seems a coincidence to me.  After Ipswich it’s “Fam is our biggest confidence player, we’ve worked on that this week”.  Well, i’m sure all that work was wasted when you named him on the bench!!!

On 29/11/2018 at 17:31, robin_unreliant said:

Evidence please. Not guesswork, opinion or assumptions. Actual factual proof.

Really? You haven't cottoned on yet ? How long do you need ? 

Ok, firstly let me ask you a question.. 'Are you a real Bristol City fan'??   Lets presume you are ... Ok... Now...  DO YOU want to see them play in the Premier league ? If so ... you can continue to the next stage ... 

Ok, presuming you are still with us... Close your eyes and lets pretend you have actually swapped your life roles and that YOU are the multi billionaire owner of Bristol City.  NOW.. if you can imagine what being a multi billionaire feels like in real terms...you can pretty much do what you like with your passion, your dream... think on for a minute...

OK...its January 2008 and Bristol City are riding high at the top end of the championship and are on a roll, except to reach your dream of the Premier League the team needs a striker or two. Peanuts for you as you already just a few quid short of being a Billionaire... and success of your company is growing faster the the speed of sound...........

.....SO...What do you do, buy a couple - improve the momentum of the team and pretty much secure the dream or,  NOT BOTHER and stick with what you have got ???  Well...what would you do ??

For more of the same... repeat for January 2018... and probably for 2028 ...

Ok you can stop dreaming and wake up now... cos its not you who is the Owner its back to good old Steve and what you are gonna get going forward..is not Monopoly ....but what you have come to expect ...Snakes and ladders...

By the way BOURNEMOUTH!

OK let me explain this too you slowly then as you clearly don't quite grasp the concept.

Your whole scenario above is based on your (thinly disguised) daydreaming of what you would do if you were Steve.

Because he doesn't do what you would, you imply that proves he doesn't want promotion.

What you aren't factoring in here is that SL and you see the world in a very different way. Ergo you cannot make the assumption that his actions prove your point.

If it WAS you in Steve's position then yes, you would be doing it because you don't want promotion. SL on the other hand just doesn't want to do it your way. He may think your way has no guarantee of success and might cost a ridiculous amount of his money.

11 hours ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Really? You haven't cottoned on yet ? How long do you need ? 

Ok, firstly let me ask you a question.. 'Are you a real Bristol City fan'??   Lets presume you are ... Ok... Now...  DO YOU want to see them play in the Premier league ? If so ... you can continue to the next stage ... 

Ok, presuming you are still with us...

And btw patronising insults don't add any weight to your argument.

I've been going to watch city for over 45 years now. So don't assume I care about the club any less than you.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

OK let me explain this too you slowly then as you clearly don't quite grasp the concept.

Your whole scenario above is based on your (thinly disguised) daydreaming of what you would do if you were Steve.

Because he doesn't do what you would, you imply that proves he doesn't want promotion.

What you aren't factoring in here is that SL and you see the world in a very different way. Ergo you cannot make the assumption that his actions prove your point.

If it WAS you in Steve's position then yes, you would be doing it because you don't want promotion. SL on the other hand just doesn't want to do it your way. He may think your way has no guarantee of success and might cost a ridiculous amount of his money.

Well not really... but listen, I have respect for your own opinion and you must for mine. To be honest the love I have for City under Lansdown has faded badly - which is sad.

I saw my first game in 1960 with my father and I had been a season ticket holder for so many years. I basically eat and slept Bristol City for many years and organised many different events for the club and former players many of which you undoubtedly attended. Irrelevant to our earlier conversation of course but just to point out my own frustration particularly since 2008.

I wish you well and hope your own passion burns longer than my patience these days allows me to regarding the club I once loved so much more.

Archived