IGNORED

Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day Thread 21

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, hodge said:

COD for Pato would be the change at half time for me, then  if Pack doesn't pick up 10 mins or so after half time then chuck Morrell on.

I actually can’t believe gow bad Pack was that first half. Looks a L1 player these past few months. What is mental about these teams under LJ is that the form of players is as erratic as results and performances. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I actually can’t believe gow bad Pack was that first half. Looks a L1 player these past few months. What is mental about these teams under LJ is that the form of players is as erratic as results and performances. 

Smith's injury hasn't helped, we can't just rotate out our CM's so easily in the knowledge the one whose out is up to the standard

Well, interesting first half.  If we’ve seriously been focusing on crosses and getting men into the box, then it appears we forgot to work out how we get the ball advanced to the positions where we can get crosses in!

Lets hope LJ reminds them how that is done.

Birmingham must be laughing.  Let the CBs split, MP get the ball centrally, and when he knocks it to Kalas or Webster, then press...knowing that the full-backs and front 5, have all gone long.  Kalas and Webster for all their ability on the ball (for CBs) have no option but to aim a hopeful (hopeless? You decide!) ball 40 yards forward.  It’s easy for Birmingham.  Nobody (Paterson once maybe twice) comes short.  

The tactic doesn’t work Lee. 

By all means go longer, but not with 5 men in a straight line   Have midfielders running forward towards a dropping challenged header, not static or sideways.  

LJ probably things MP is having a good game....it’s an ineffective game, where all he’s doing is stuff that looks pretty.  It exposes Brownhill who in effect is playing as a “midfield one”.

Luckily Birmingham aren’t much better.  Maghoma a threat if we let him run and come in on his right side.

I don’t think it would take much in terms of a bit shorter passing to open up this Brum side....but that will take players to up efforts to come short, join in the play instead of running away from the player with the ball.  That takes a bit of balls....but importantly it might be against the head-coach’s wishes.

In fairness to LJ he appears animated on the sideline....hopefully it’s because actually they are ignoring his plans.  I don’t think it is.  You’d sort that out in 30 seconds if so.  Thus us the way they’ve been drilled, and it’s sterile.

0-0....that is the positive in the first 45.

1 minute ago, Midred said:

Says something about the championship this season when we can play this badly against teams near the top and bottom and still be in with a chance!  Do we drag them up or down to our level?

True but frustrating, if we could have played even half decent football, we could be right at the top of the division...

Hadn't realised it was on the Hesgoal stream so caught the last 15 minutes of the half. Commentary was in Russian ( I think) but even in Russian id wasn't any better.

As another poster commented, looks like a lot of players lacking confidence and playing with fear. We seem scared to death the minute we go beyond the half way line and no one seems to want the ball or to take responsibility. It doesn't help when your captain seems devoid of confidence and form.

Archived