IGNORED

Maggers

RedRock

2-0 up at Real Madrid on BT Sport now.

Still not sure aside from a decent agent, nice haircut and being an all-round good egg how he’s got to the level of playing against Real in the Champions League. 

Probably, the only thing LJ and I would agree on footballl-wise. 

Looks reasonable too!

Flicking in and out of it, but he looks alright. Now Real Madrid have rested 5-6 players and it's a mix of youth, experience and squad players. Real also have little riding on it whereas CSKA playing for a Europa place.

What really helps him I'm sure is CSKA aren't looking to dominate, away to Real Madrid you need to be compact, you need to look to counter when you can- and I know Real Madrid aren't stellar ATM but it still applies to most sides.

You know what? That suits Magnússon that style, that tactical framework- seems he has found a suitable club, tactics etc.

must be good enough for juve to originally see something in him,   come s to ashton gate  and one of englands allegedly up and coming coaches cant get a tune out of him !  freezes him out of squad after coming on as sub at preston with us 4 nil down already,   given a decent run could have done ok, hes young like most of our squad and will make mistakes,  good enough for cska and champions league football   and getting paid more too ! id say maggers is doing better than johnson 

2 minutes ago, kivsy said:

must be good enough for juve to originally see something in him,   come s to ashton gate  and one of englands allegedly up and coming coaches cant get a tune out of him !  freezes him out of squad after coming on as sub at preston with us 4 nil down already,   given a decent run could have done ok, hes young like most of our squad and will make mistakes,  good enough for cska and champions league football   and getting paid more too ! id say maggers is doing better than johnson 

Think you have summed up our recruitment  can't get a tune out of him, how many other players does this apply to how many players have actually improved under Lee johnson

1 minute ago, Robin Wood said:

Think you have summed up our recruitment  can't get a tune out of him, how many other players does this apply to how many players have actually improved under Lee johnson

I think there's an interesting correlation with LJ.

Seems if the player is from an equivalent or higher level, or is a more experienced pro, they either don't flourish under him, or they start well but then decline.

Some (Tomlin and probably Matthews) had a poor attitude or were no good (Giefer and Diony) but overall it does seem he's better with players on the up for whatever reason.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think there's an interesting correlation with LJ.

Seems if the player is from an equivalent or higher level, or is a more experienced pro, they either don't flourish under him, or they start well but then decline.

Some (Tomlin and probably Matthews) had a poor attitude or were no good (Giefer and Diony) but overall it does seem he's better with players on the up for whatever reason.

bailey wright was aussie international, comes here  doesnt make world cup squad,  im sure there re more examples    

Counterattacking football suits Magnússon better the main lesson here I think. Possibly European football also better suited.

Also he's playing in a back 3.

8 minutes ago, kivsy said:

bailey wright was aussie international, comes here  doesnt make world cup squad,  im sure there re more examples    

Had good Championship experience- well a season and a half anyway- at Preston too.

That Sigurdsson can play. Where did he come from? 

I know they played a young squad but RM fans won’t like this. They are a mess right now. Imo they took too long to add some youth to their squad. Ramos, Modric, Ronaldo, Kroos, Marcelo and Benzema were always going slow down at some point. Didn’t do enough in the past 3-4 seasons to bring in some youth. Now have to wait for Asensio, Vinicius and Ordiozola to come of age. Bayern Munich are similar but started their process last summer

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

I think Bailey played through injury last season, ultimately meaning he needed an op, and therefore he sacrificed his World Cup spot as a result.  In hindsight I wonder if he’d have been better to have Op prior to Leeds away (having struggled through the previous couple of games), and come back in time for the end of season.  With Pisano struggling to get fit and Vyner on loan, he played when he shouldn’t have.

Nah he’s no f*****g good! our coaching staff know their stuff, he will never be good enough for European cup games! - what a criminal waste of talent - one thing for sure! No matter how many windows it won’t be us making the headlines under this leadership!

how many other players not suiting our DNA succeed after leaving as ”underperformers”

16 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Has everyone forgotten his calamities so quickly?

Remember Wolves last season (I think) where he once again failed to see it out and we conceded.

Great for long throws not Championship defending!

Yes, there was always a mistake in him, he had real potential,but you have to question the coaches.

Their job is to make players better or eradicate their propensity to make the same mistakes time and again, that didn’t happen here, when the consistency of those error were there for all to see.

45 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We are the 6th best team in the division when measured by winning headers.

Screenshot_20181213-073037.png

There's lies, damn lies and then there are statistics.   First resort of the manager who's bluffing it..Ironically, it could be an indication that we are viewed as being weak aerially and opposition teams put more balls in the box meaning we have to clear more of them.    When Flint was here, teams wanted to drag him out the middle and isolate him one on one rather than feed him crosses

Archived