IGNORED

Norwich City - Sat (H) 17:30 - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

54 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'd like to see us stick with the 4141/433. But like you say, I'd like O'Dowda in for Weimann. Not only does O'Dowda offer much more on the right, but it means we can change their positioning mid game if it isn't working.

Maenpaa

Pisano  Kalas Webster Kelly

Pack

Brownhill  Paterson

O'Dowda                  Eliasson

Diedhiou

If that is not working, like say Paterson is struggling in deeper role, or Eliasson is having a game like last week on the left where he's not involved as much as he is on the right where he comes in field more, then change it to something like this.

Maenpaa

Pisano   Kalas Webster  Kelly

Pack

Brownhill O'Dowda

Eliasson                   Paterson

Diedhiou

2 same sets of players, but 2 very different sides when you look what they bring in those positions. I don't think we are so flexible with Weimann on the right.

I like the 4-1-4-1 / 4-3-3 and it might work with COD in the slightly deeper role too, I have reservations about Paterson. In the 2nd line up , I don't think he's disciplined enough to play wide, he's forever cutting in and leaving gaps. That might be ok if you do it deliberately to get an overlap, but he seems to do it regardless. I would love that first set up when Walsh is fit again. Thinking about it, with Pato and COD being able to swap and even Eliasson , that 2nd line up it might work One thing I know, we do need more of a cutting edge to our attack.

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Blimey.  This a bit of a strange one, I think Norwich have not to the top of the Championship under my radar.  I’ve seen very little of them.

Managed by German Daniel Farke, they have have had to sell off the family silver (Maddison, Prichard, both Murphy’s, Howson etc) over the past 18 months to handle the fall from Prem to Champ and reduced Parachute Payments due to the short stint back in the Prem.

What was a transitional season in 17/18 is starting to bear fruit this season, on a run of 38 points from their last 15 games!

76FE48A3-BCB6-4894-B19F-A18232834399.jpeg.ae4ec595598b2a5517b4ce7d9ef30b44.jpeg

There are of course some better known players in their line-up, like ex-Newcastle keeper Tim Krul, midfielder Alex Tettey, but the squad is a blend of home-grown youngster like Jamal Lewis, Todd Cantwell and Max Aarons, with imports like Pukki from Brondby and Buendia from Getafe.

Pukki is an interesting case, as he wasn’t signed from a German club, but Danish club Brondby via Celtic, having previously been at Schalke 04. 7 goals in his last 6 games marks him out as a dangerman.

What Farke has done is build a core of players he knows well, Klose the experienced Swiss-German and Zimmerman as his two CBs, Vrancic and Stiepermann in midfield, forming the core.  These players have arrived at low-cost for their experience (albeit not Champ experience) and integrated into Farke’s possession based style.  

They are playing with obvious confidence and I think it is going to be a game of patience tomorrow evening, and a 0-0 wouldn’t surprise me. 

Feel free to add any insight.

Not really insight, but on the basis that we seem to perform to the standard of the opposition this season, could be a decent game. Not sure what impact the conditions will have, but we certainly coped better with them last week. 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Not really insight, but on the basis that we seem to perform to the standard of the opposition this season, could be a decent game. Not sure what impact the conditions will have, but we certainly coped better with them last week. 

Do we, or do we drag the opposition down to our level ? 
Answers on a postcard :read:

Really hoping for a good City (Bristol) performance today, it's a little overdue. Be nice to get performance and points in the same game too.

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Norwich are there for the taking 

We'll up our game for the cameras 

Expect goals and a tense finish 

Don't know if I agree with this bit- this season they haven't lost often anywhere but especially not on the road, 1 loss all season and that was back in August in their 2nd away game. Even last season when they were midtable, thought they were especially away to better sides fairly compact on the road- thinking of their win here in January, we were at that stage one of the better sides- and they looked compact.

However I agree with the rest- won't be a bore 0-0 and we'll up it as you say- tense finish also quite plausible. Certainly got a chance, thinking score draw.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Do we, or do we drag the opposition down to our level ? 
Answers on a postcard :read:

Really hoping for a good City (Bristol) performance today, it's a little overdue. Be nice to get performance and points in the same game too.

I think we do. We played well at Leeds, at least til the sending off, and at Birmingham. We played well v Stoke, Villa, Boro, at WBA, Swansea, Brentford. It's been against Rotherham, Reading, Preston, Wigan that we've been poor.

Hostage to fortune today now!!

On 14 December 2018 at 19:49, Dr Balls said:

Knowing LJ he is likely to tinker with things. It wouldn't surprise me if we went with just 1 up front.

I also think O'Dowda is worth a start in midfield. If he plays well, it's good for us both in the immediate as someone looking to go forward from the midfield plus potentially boosting his price should he be off in January.

A good challenge to play a team bang in form. If we come out of this with a draw or even better, I would feel  much more confident going into the New Year.

Wish I was as good st predicting the lottery numbers!

4-1-4-1 and both Pack and Diedhiou playing their best for weeks if not months and a great performance from O'Dowda. Happiest Saturday evening after a home game since Sheffield United!

On 14/12/2018 at 19:06, bcfc01 said:

Norwich have scored a third of their goals in the last 15 minutes of games, including a few in added time.

With City having scored 72% of goals in the second half of games it could be a lively last 20 minutes or so.

I can see something like a 3-2 either way.

Nearly 3-2.

• Admin
21 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

If it was 3-2 to City I'd have Christmas paid for.

Fammy to score anytime, both teams to score second half, and a City win.

Still, good game and a point. 

I had two bets with City winning 3-2, one was 33/1 the other was 250/1 

I was literally kicking and heading every ball near the end of the game

Archived