IGNORED

Dede

joe jordans teeth

39 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Big difference today wasn’t fitness 

It was ATTITUDE , nothing to do with missing early games

I thought the same. He looked like a completely different player today, as did many others.

Would have been nice to win, but keep on going for it like that and I won't be complaining. Entertainment today. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Some may think I’m mad but I would have Lliked to havemoved Callum centrally to give us those legs and outlet

Prob was who did we have on bench to take CODS place LHS

I thought COD probably had his best game for us today. 

I'm not sure what the difference between the good and the bad Fam is. Always seems to put a shift in ,but those days when he looks like he's never seen a ball before stand out. I don't necessarily think he's been poor all year, 6 goals isn't too bad, maybe it's a confidence thing who knows. There have been glimpses when his control is spot on and he'll shield the ball and lay it off and look classy. Another day it doesn't stick and he struggles . Today we had  90 minutes where his touch , control and hold up play were first class, he worked his rocks off and lead the line brilliantly.

Just wish LJ would give him a 10 minute rest near the end when he looked finished. Whats the point of Eisa if he won't play him even when Fam's blowing out of his arse.

28 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm not sure what the difference between the good and the bad Fam is. Always seems to put a shift in ,but those days when he looks like he's never seen a ball before stand out. I don't necessarily think he's been poor all year, 6 goals isn't too bad, maybe it's a confidence thing who knows. There have been glimpses when his control is spot on and he'll shield the ball and lay it off and look classy. Another day it doesn't stick and he struggles . Today we had  90 minutes where his touch , control and hold up play were first class, he worked his rocks off and lead the line brilliantly.

Just wish LJ would give him a 10 minute rest near the end when he looked finished. Whats the point of Eisa if he won't play him even when Fam's blowing out of his arse.

My guess is he doesn’t trust Eisa so what was the point in buying him

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

My guess is he doesn’t trust Eisa so what was the point in buying him

I hope he's not turning into another Engvall . I know he wouldn't have had Fam's physicality, but a fresh pair of legs might have caused them another problem

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Some may think I’m mad but I would have Lliked to havemoved Callum centrally to give us those legs and outlet

Prob was who did we have on bench to take CODS place LHS

It's too late now but O'Dowda central.

Eliasson for Weimann, Watkins for Paterson.

4-3-3/4-3-2-1

Brownhill Pack O'Dowda

Eliasson             Watkins

Diedhiou

Might have been one way to fit them all in late on and yet keep some balance (Eliasson left, Watkins right)

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's too late now but O'Dowda central.

Eliasson for Weimann, Watkins for Paterson.

4-3-3/4-3-2-1

Brownhill Pack O'Dowda

Eliasson             Watkins

Diedhiou

Might have been one way to fit them all in late on and yet keep some balance (Eliasson left, Watkins right)

I was thinking FD off , JM on , COD up top, JP to left and JM in with MP and JB 

But no obvious guarantee - just think we needed to find an outlet to get us out

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

.Despite the attitude comment though, I think his goal return is a very respectable one every other game.

1 hour ago, shelts said:

When he plays like he did today hes nearly untouchable. When he doesn’t play like that a shirt is wasted on him 

Leave him out for every other game then, i.e. the one when he doesn't score? :)

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I was thinking FD off , JM on , COD up top, JP to left and JM in with MP and JB 

But no obvious guarantee - just think we needed to find an outlet to get us out

That would be interesting, O'Dowda up top. Forgot about Morrell too, he could have helped shore up midfield.

So Paterson, Weimann and O'Dowda up top? That could be a very fluid front 3! Could have given us an outlet too as you say- that ability to win free kicks can both relieve pressure on us and build it on the opposition.

Going back a bit now- they're different players, but always thought when Sproule here, though not a regular starter by the later stages could have been lethal through the middle as an impact sub with his pace and therefore ability to win free kicks.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

That would be interesting, O'Dowda up top. Forgot about Morrell too, he could have helped shore up midfield.

So Paterson, Weimann and O'Dowda up top? That could be a very fluid front 3! Could have given us an outlet too as you say- that ability to win free kicks can both relieve pressure on us and build it on the opposition.

Going back a bit now- they're different players, but always thought when Sproule here, though not a regular starter by the later stages could have been lethal through the middle as an impact sub with his pace and therefore ability to win free kicks.

I fear COD will be off but I would like to have seen him at some point / game in the 10 role that JP occupied today , especially in an away game , good on ball , two footed , can go either way 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I hope he's not turning into another Engvall . I know he wouldn't have had Fam's physicality, but a fresh pair of legs might have caused them another problem

Or another Eliasson maybe ?

Only gave him a run of games when he thought he was ready and he was right in doing so.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Only gave him a run of games when he thought he was ready and he was right in doing so.

Eliasson was given a few proper outings when he first came, Eisa had a few minutes at the end of a couple of games. I hope you're right, but seeing as he hasn't got on even when Fam looks dead on his feet it seems pointless taking up a space on the bench with him. May as well have had DaSilva or someone who LJ trusts enough to actually get on.

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Eliasson had to settle in England and was what about 22 when he came here so you can understand protecting him but Eisa is nearly 25 and played in this country for years so totally different situations tbf 

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Eliasson was given a few proper outings when he first came, Eisa had a few minutes at the end of a couple of games. I hope you're right, but seeing as he hasn't got on even when Fam looks dead on his feet it seems pointless taking up a space on the bench with him. May as well have had DaSilva or someone who LJ trusts enough to actually get on.

I can understand keeping Famara on the pitch as he is quite good in our own box and if we are under the cosh its a good option to have.

If Famara had to come off through injury, Eisa may get a chance from the bench. I guess thats why he is there.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Eliasson had to settle in England and was what about 22 when he came here so you can understand protecting him but Eisa is nearly 25 and played in this country for years so totally different situations tbf 

He has also jumped about 5 divisions in 18 months..

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I can understand keeping Famara on the pitch as he is quite good in our own box and if we are under the cosh its a good option to have.

If Famara had to come off through injury, Eisa may get a chance from the bench. I guess thats why he is there.

He has also jumped about 5 divisions in 18 months..

What’s that got to do with the price of bread how many divisions he has jumped 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally agree with all that 

Difference was that normally he requires perfect service and then has been getting brushed off the ball or losing it with poor touch etc

Today , until he tired late , he fought for balls that weren’t  ideal , and won some and gave the opportunity for others to pick up the pieces , or press, when he didn’t 

Agree that his anticipation isn’t always great

All in all a much better all round game

He didn't press most of the time. He frequently moved towards the centre back blocking that option even if first defender and team mates pressed the ball. It keeps him closer to the goal and saves his energy.  

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That jumping lower leagues is a piece of piss if you are a goalscorer then yes that is blatant but at 25 and lJ doesn’t think he’s good enough unless Dede gets injured as you put it then that is bloody worrying wouldn’t you agree 

I didn't say that LJ doesn't think he's good enough and I'm not sure why you think that. 

I said he is on the bench as cover for Famara - same as any player being cover for those on the pitch. Its why you have substitutes isn't it ?

It is naive in the extreme to think that it is a piece of piss for a "goal scorer" to jump from the lower leagues to the championship and just carry on scoring goals. That should be obvious.

Worried ? WTF would I be worried ?

28 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

He didn't press most of the time. He frequently moved towards the centre back blocking that option even if first defender and team mates pressed the ball. It keeps him closer to the goal and saves his energy.  

Probably didn’t explain my point very well

What I was trying to say was , by FD contesting possession, rather than conceding them comfortable possession, it allowed us , at times to get up the pitch in support ,and contest second balls , pick up loose ball , press is probably an exaggeration and wasn’t meaning pressing by FD 

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

I didn't say that LJ doesn't think he's good enough and I'm not sure why you think that. 

I said he is on the bench as cover for Famara - same as any player being cover for those on the pitch. Its why you have substitutes isn't it ?

It is naive in the extreme to think that it is a piece of piss for a "goal scorer" to jump from the lower leagues to the championship and just carry on scoring goals. That should be obvious.

Worried ? WTF would I be worried ?

Why would he not get any game time at all if lJ doesn’t fancy him,the whole world could see that Dede was dead on his feet with 10 minutes to go today but still no sign of him being replaced 

@bcfc01 to make my point clear from the limited time he has played he has been willing to have a shot and have a go and I would like to see him have a few more minutes rather than being a bench filler so at no point am I saying he’s a bad player but there are levels and our manager obviously sees that in training so we have to go with it,of course if our manager has a clue is still up for debate 

On 16/12/2018 at 00:39, joe jordans teeth said:

@bcfc01 to make my point clear from the limited time he has played he has been willing to have a shot and have a go and I would like to see him have a few more minutes rather than being a bench filler so at no point am I saying he’s a bad player but there are levels and our manager obviously sees that in training so we have to go with it,of course if our manager has a clue is still up for debate 

Well, he's just scored his second for the U-23s against Watford.

2-1 10 minutes to go.

Archived