IGNORED

Derby County v Bristol City Match Day 23

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, City_USA said:

I wouldn't say outclassed however they do play attractive football, very slick

Tbf think they have the better quality to do so. Huddlestone v Pack, Mount v Brownhill, Waghorn v Paterson, Wilson v COD Joozefoon(Lawerence when fit) v Weimann(who they deemed not good enough). I know you weren’t saying otherwise just hope it helps the perspective of today. They are more talented and their players have either had upbringings in massive clubs or are extremely experienced. Derby should be playing a good brand of football

1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

HT.

Derby the better side, but we have been quite solid.

Yea and I reckon if Pack isn’t booked he might get tighter on that cross. We tend to be a decent defensive side

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Tbf think they have the better quality to do so. Huddlestone v Pack, Mount v Brownhill, Waghorn v Paterson, Wilson v COD Joozefoon(Lawerence when fit) v Weimann(who they deemed not good enough). I know you weren’t saying otherwise just hope it helps the perspective of today. They are more talented and their players have either had upbringings in massive clubs or are extremely experienced. Derby should be playing a good brand of football

I agree. The Derby fans must be loving watching this week in and week out. Very entertaining. We need to be on top of our game to win this but we can do so. 

COYR!

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Decent half but I feel we can do better. I'd move Paterson deeper and allow our wingers to have more freedom. Bring on Eliasson for Weimann and have him and O'Dowda tucking inside picking up the pockets of space to run at a vulnerable Derby defence.

Good shout to sub Weimann who has largely been anonymous again, one decent chance he had with a run at goal he wasted with a pathetically weak effort. Expected him to be more up for it against his old side.

13 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Diedhiou must be on course to break a record for crossbar hits in one season. It’s so bloody unlucky. Doing well though, COYR

Agreed.

He's scored 6 this season and hit the woodwork about the same number of times.

Maybe he 'should' have scored 1 or 2 of them, but he's still been very unfortunate.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I think Baker might be injured if Webster is looking like he might come on. More likely him than Kalas who will play through almost anything

Whether he's injured or not I'd like to see Webster brought on.

Surprised he didn't reclaim his place from the start tbh.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

That really was a pathetic effort. He had Diedhiou next to him for a simple pass too. It reminded me of a shot second half vs Millwall where it trickled wide where he shot with no composure. Really been so poor for us recently

Unfortunately he's been poor since the first few weeks of the season. Probably needs a spell out of the team.

11 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Pity about the goal we gave away. Apart from Pack allowing a right footed player to cross from the left on his favoured foot I thought Baker was slow reacting to Waghorns run allowing him to get in front of him and having an easy tap in.

Pack could’ve done better to block the cross but I didn’t like Kalas’ positioning. As the near post man he should be defending bang on his 6 yard line, enabling him to cut any near post low cross out. He was only a yard and a half out but that’s the all-important yard and a half. 

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Webster on for baker

Trouble is it's a bit of a wasted substitution when a centre half has to be replaced injured. Incredible the number of times it happens to Baker (Had a cracking game last week though).

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Piss off Baker

Dont beat about the bush say what you mean.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

On other notes

Watch out for andre Townsend’s goal at Man City

3-1 now to Palace , title race alight

Also see the pressure showing in Dyche , moaning and moaning about referees,  again  

Sounding stressed !

Le Tiss said goal of the season.

Elsewhere, QPR winning at Forest. If they can hold on it will be the first time they`ve ever won there in 35 attempts.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

On other notes

Watch out for Andre Townsend’s goal at Man City - reported as stunning

3-1 now to Palace , title race alight

Also see the pressure showing in Dyche , moaning and moaning about referees,  again  

Sounding stressed !

Just seen it bob . Volley from about 30 yards top corner 

Archived