IGNORED

David Woods Bristol City Book

Redrascal2

I got this from my son (not bobbyhutchscurl above!) today and have to say that I was totally chuffed to get it anyway,  but it  looks to be a brilliant book for those of us who were around in the late 70s.   Absolutely packed with player profiles,  info, stats and photos and I've only  just scratched the surface of it (it is a giant heavy book!)  I knew this would be a great book when I heard about it, but it is brilliant! It will take ages to read, but the beauty of it is you can dip in and out of it at various points of interest.  Thoroughly recommended! 

3 minutes ago, LOYAL CITY said:

Received a copy of this book today, the quantity & quality of content regarding City's time in the top flight is absolutely fantastic. Personally think this is a must have book for any City fan interested in the history of the club.

Quite agree, the reproduction of Green'Un and Post headlines is superb and appear better than the originals! David said that it was printed on very good quality paper to ensure that that would be the case.

Loved it when Perti Jantunnen stated that in a Finnish league game the ref got fed up with him complaining so he called him to one side and told him that if he said another word he would send him off. Perti said, Okay,' whereupon the ref sent him off! It still rankles with him all these years later.

Great anecdotes in a comprehensive account of the period.

Bought this book from David before the match today. Thanks @handsofclay for putting me in contact. This is an encyclopaedia of the time when we were promoted and in the first division, including the songs in the charts and major events at the time. Brings back so many memories.

I would really recommend getting hold of a copy if you were lucky enough to have followed city at the time in the top division. The headlines including Gerry Gow and Sammy McIlroy being sent off for exchanging blows and I completely forgot about some of the prematch 'entertainment' including the Rockin Robins or the Wild West show! 

I am going to be lost in this book for hours.

2 hours ago, Old Rascal said:

I would really recommend getting hold of a copy if you were lucky enough to have followed city at the time in the top division. The headlines including Gerry Gow and Sammy McIlroy being sent off for exchanging blows and I completely forgot about some of the prematch 'entertainment' including the Rockin Robins or the Wild West show! 

How could you forgot the rocking robins ?  And pre match announcer Tony Rance? It is my sort of era for sure and must track down this book.  Will be emailing David Woods.  

Not wanting to go off topic but same David Woods as another classic book from 1994 ‘The  Bristol Babe’.

That is another must have book, a hard copy of literally every match up to 1994.

Archived