IGNORED

What time do players arrive at the gate?

Prague Red 1

Bit of a public service request this which I will remove after somebody hopefully answers. Today is my annual trip to the gate due to my exile in Prague. Bringing my boys to indoctrinate them into the true and righteous path of City fandom. Would help a lot of be able to grab a few autographs / selfies with the players on their way into the stadium this afternoon. Can anyone recommend the best time to try and do this?

Much appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Prague Red 1 said:

Bit of a public service request this which I will remove after somebody hopefully answers. Today is my annual trip to the gate due to my exile in Prague. Bringing my boys to indoctrinate them into the true and righteous path of City fandom. Would help a lot of be able to grab a few autographs / selfies with the players on their way into the stadium this afternoon. Can anyone recommend the best time to try and do this?

Much appreciated.

Don’t know for definite however my boys mascot soon and his “meet the players” slot is 1:30. That says to me the team will arrive from around half twelve at the latest.

Hope that helps

12 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

fao .. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO … 

Hi Matt, seasons greetings to you..

Any chance you can 'pull a few strings' to make Prague Red 1's visit to the Gate this year a bit special for him and his lads?

It's a long way to come, first AG visit for the boys …. & it is Christmas! ?  

Hey thanks Whistle - would of course be awesome but its enough to get the 3 of them to the Gate and not just on the other end of the BCTV's link. 

@Silvio Dante thanks for info. Will get there early, take our chances and see what happens. 

16 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Hope the lads have a great day.  I trust that their Polish team is as equally sensible as following the City and that they're not glory hunting with one of the big boys!

All together now………. "One team in Olsztyn, there's only etc etc etc"

Think you need to work on your geography mate...

23 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Poland - Czech - pretty much the same thing. No problems with my boys supporting Slavia Prague and City. Challenge as all father's know is keeping them away from the Premier League teams. City TV really helps because we can at least watch most games. 

Anyway thanks for all the answers - see you at the gate and COYR

39 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Get there about 12:00 and you should be fine. They arrive in dribs and drabs mind, so be patient. 

For  ….. arrive in 'dribs' and 'drabs' read BMW's and Mercedes  etc…  :thumbsup:

(even Gas players wouldn't be seen dead driving  a Ford Drab,  maybe a Renault Drib at a push, but definitely won't find any of them in a Championship players car park..)

Alternatively they normally leave about 30 mins to an hour after the game.... by the door marked media I think?

I remember watching a game at Sparta Prague with a girlfriend once. Cracking day out... although I'm not sure she had that in mind when I said we were going for a weekend away...

53 minutes ago, Judda said:

Alternatively they normally leave about 30 mins to an hour after the game.... by the door marked media I think?

I remember watching a game at Sparta Prague with a girlfriend once. Cracking day out... although I'm not sure she had that in mind when I said we were going for a weekend away...

@Dollymarie which is best?  Pre-game or post-game.  It’s a while ago now, but getting autographs before game was a bit a bit more hassle than afterwards.....and afterwards a bit quieter too???

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

For  ….. arrive in 'dribs' and 'drabs' read BMW's and Mercedes  etc…  :thumbsup:

(even Gas players wouldn't be seen dead driving  a Ford Drab,  maybe a Renault Drib at a push, but definitely won't find any of them in a Championship players car park..)

Did I misread that or are you saying Rovers’ carpark has now joined their sprinklers in being Championship Ready? #ComingForUs

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Dollymarie which is best?  Pre-game or post-game.  It’s a while ago now, but getting autographs before game was a bit a bit more hassle than afterwards.....and afterwards a bit quieter too???

Never tried after the game but when I’ve been down there beforehand, there’s a regular stream of them arriving. 

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

I was meaning they don’t all pile off a coach all at once :grr:

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Never tried after the game but when I’ve been down there beforehand, there’s a regular stream of them arriving.  

So they arrive in little boats along the stream behind the West Stand then?  (sounds a bit strange to me, but I'll take your word for it)

So, not in dribs AND drabs at all?..  make yer mind up Dolls,  Prague Red must be proper confused now with your conflicting statements..   :) happy Christmas, pour me another little drinkie poos.. hic.. hic, pardon me, hic..

2 hours ago, Judda said:

Went to a sparta Prague Europa league game v feyenoord a few years back. 

Managed to inadvertently get caught up in a feyenoord Riot after they lost and decided to take out their anger on the town centre, not the nicest experience... 

6 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Any chance you can 'pull a few strings' to make Prague Red 1's visit to the Gate this year a bit special for him and his lads?

Did Matt Parsons get on this for you?

Frok experience the term ‘chocolate teapot’ springs to mind’

9 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Those Eastern European borders mean nothing to me…….. Got arrested 'accidentally' stumbling across an unmanned forest crossing point between Poland and Kaliningrad!  It was unmanned until blokes with guns suddenly appeared!

I only missed one day from school, but it must have been the day they did geography!  ?

On 26/12/2018 at 08:10, WhistleHappy said:

Apologies, only just seen this. If you are at the ground tomorrow  @Prague Red 1 then drop me an email and ill come and say hello. 

Archived