IGNORED

Rugby question...

Steve Watts

Agree with @Northern Red. The halfs are 5 minutes shorter but with stoppages etc and the match only ending when the ball is kicked out after time has elapsed it can go on similar to a football finish.

Enjoy the game! I guess your son is doing the pitch parade @Steve Watts? Plenty of the youngsters like to do this it seems.

Thanks all. Not sure what they're doing @RedM. They've got to be great the front five mins before half time to do a lap of the pitch, but that's all I know. Not sure if anything else is involved... Things will tell!

Will be interesting....I've not done the rugger before. Never got into it. I try watching a game on telly every now and again to see of it hooks me, but so far nothing. ?

Sounds like the pitch parade, large group of kids walk around waving flags at HT, usually with their school or club if they play for one. Sometimes there are hundreds of kids, other times only 100 or so. Always well organised though and the kids seem to like it. It’s a long way round though and the staff do well to time it just right. 

Rugby is a very different atmosphere to the football as I’ve said before. The game is often secondary to people having a drinking session in the stands. Only one song, and almost no abusing the opposition or the Ref. Took me a long while to ‘get’ it. But the last few home league games have been quite passionate, hope this continues for your game at least.

Archived