IGNORED

Forest not happy with Marlon & Fam...

wendyredredrobin

I just watched the full 90 back on BCTV and I’m amazed at Forest’s reactions. 

During the 90 mins I thought the ref only got one thing wrong, and that was giving us a throw that should’ve been theirs. 

Aside from that, they were moaning from the first minute. Grabban ran into to back of Baker and was in the refs ear for 5 mins afterwards, Colback blindsided Da Silva at one point and then moaned at him to get up. Lots of little niggles from the forest players and they expected free kicks to go their way. 

They work themselves right up when their right back got booked for running full pelt straight into Kelly and was rightly booked for dangerous play. 

Colback ranted and raved at the ref about another 10 times, and he had a couple of pops at Kasey. 

The Pack/Diedhiou incident was completely innocuous, occurring as it did in a penalty box melee, their player fell to the floor when he could easily have kept his feet and our players only had eyes for clearing the ball - just so happened their player had fallen onto the floor unnecessarily. 

Then the final incident where Weimann kicks it out for a throw. My word, they went wild!! Again Colback at the centre of it, and he continued his argument against Weimann after the final whistle. 

Watching that back in the cold light of day I saw 2 things. 

1) A City team that is full of fight and desire. Every one of them gave everything. Hats off. 

2) A Forest team (and fan base) that were simply too desperate for success in MON’s first game. They completely lost their heads. The tension and nervousness in their play and their attitudes was horrendous. There was a sense of entitlement, and once things weren’t going their way they got stressed, tense and angry. They were like a bunch of spoilt children who didn’t get what they wanted. 

It’s one thing trying to create a siege mentality or a hostile atmosphere, but they were laughable and it went the complete opposite way, to the point where it became a joke. Colback, Grabban and Murphy particularly were so childish in their tantrums, and the fans were just a joke and the complete opposite of intimidating. 

They have some serious sorting out to do. 

On 21/01/2019 at 15:21, Busterrimes said:

Before Florist fans get all holier than thou let’s remember when Nathan Tyson slid in late on Basso and kneed him in the face at AG

On 21/01/2019 at 22:22, Greedo said:

wasn’t it gerken?

Alright then, Tyson kneed Basso in the gerken!

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I just watched the full 90 back on BCTV and I’m amazed at Forest’s reactions. 

During the 90 mins I thought the ref only got one thing wrong, and that was giving us a throw that should’ve been theirs. 

Aside from that, they were moaning from the first minute. Grabban ran into to back of Baker and was in the refs ear for 5 mins afterwards, Colback blindsided Da Silva at one point and then moaned at him to get up. Lots of little niggles from the forest players and they expected free kicks to go their way. 

They work themselves right up when their right back got booked for running full pelt straight into Kelly and was rightly booked for dangerous play. 

Colback ranted and raved at the ref about another 10 times, and he had a couple of pops at Kasey. 

The Pack/Diedhiou incident was completely innocuous, occurring as it did in a penalty box melee, their player fell to the floor when he could easily have kept his feet and our players only had eyes for clearing the ball - just so happened their player had fallen onto the floor unnecessarily. 

Then the final incident where Weimann kicks it out for a throw. My word, they went wild!! Again Colback at the centre of it, and he continued his argument against Weimann after the final whistle. 

Watching that back in the cold light of day I saw 2 things. 

1) A City team that is full of fight and desire. Every one of them gave everything. Hats off. 

2) A Forest team (and fan base) that were simply too desperate for success in MON’s first game. They completely lost their heads. The tension and nervousness in their play and their attitudes was horrendous. There was a sense of entitlement, and once things weren’t going their way they got stressed, tense and angry. They were like a bunch of spoilt children who didn’t get what they wanted. 

It’s one thing trying to create a siege mentality or a hostile atmosphere, but they were laughable and it went the complete opposite way, to the point where it became a joke. Colback, Grabban and Murphy particularly were so childish in their tantrums, and the fans were just a joke and the complete opposite of intimidating. 

They have some serious sorting out to do. 

Glad I'm not the only saddo who watches the 90 minutes back... 

Interestingly you could hear LJ from time to time during the game. One moment 2nd half where he almost screams at Pack for giving the ball away cheaply.

Noticed him and Paterson losing it a fair amount tbf.

5 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Glad I'm not the only saddo who watches the 90 minutes back... 

Interestingly you could hear LJ from time to time during the game. One moment 2nd half where he almost screams at Pack for giving the ball away cheaply.

Noticed him and Paterson losing it a fair amount tbf.

Think you notice so much more , and get a much better view of things if you get opportunity to watch games back

On 21/01/2019 at 19:58, Chairman Mao said:

Colin Calderwood was an total manual manipulator. 1-1 at ours in the promotion run in (Orr scored) was a great game and atmosphere. Lost 0-1 at theirs and a few of our louts smashed up a pub? 

Was at that away game, I remember a situation outside the ground after the game where a large group of their supporters ran at our lot. I was with my Dad and we just took a step back behind a police horse and watched it, was a little crazy to see something like that happen within the grounds

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think you notice so much more , and get a much better view of things if you get opportunity to watch games back

I don’t do it every game. Games I’ve missed I’ll watch. Sometimes I’ll watch from a point if I was at the game, Ipswich I rewatched 2nd half. Bolton from when we conceded. 

Always interesting. 

Archived