IGNORED

LJ On Talksport in few mins

BobBobSuperBob

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'll take that seeing as I was quite belligerent in my tone (and rude to RR)

Well, we're not blessed with many good options. I listed to 5live over TS but the BBC coverage can grate too. 

I've started listening to Podcasts more. The Totally Football Show with James Richardson is brilliant and they do an EFL one too. Even our own forum Pod is better than anything on local radio. Pods are the way forward because the content is more specific to what you want. 

I listen to 5Live too, but I agree.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That is interesting...especially as Stoke didn’t buy him...they had him on loan for 6 games and he scored zero goals...

Yes, it wasn’t necessarily Shola who made the biggest difference but LJ was referring to Stoke’s additional push in the January window to get them promotion.  If you look at the game vs us near the end of that year, a crucial encounter which they won 2-1, they used 8 players whom they’d picked up in or after the Jan window. 

Basically, Stoke’s business in the latter half of that season saw them over the line. We on the other hand brought in Carle & Adebola, both of whom did a decent enough job but it didn’t compete with Stokes business. 

46 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well, we're not blessed with many good options. I listed to 5live over TS but the BBC coverage can grate too. 

I've started listening to Podcasts more. The Totally Football Show with James Richardson is brilliant and they do an EFL one too. Even our own forum Pod is better than anything on local radio. Pods are the way forward because the content is more specific to what you want. 

I’ve done 4 Peter Crouch podcasts today, have laughed out loud a few times, so many good stories

LJ just got bigged up by Adrian Durham, which is good to hear 

5 hours ago, mozo said:

You think the content on TalkSport is good? 

I only listen to TS in the mornings and IMO its great listening. Both Alan Brazil and Jim White discuss football 80% of the time with the occasional discussion on rugby and cricket. 

Whats not to like?

Brazil freely admits that he knows bugger all about cricket but Steve Harmison has co presented with him so has Lawrence Dallaglio.

Im really surprised that so many poster seem to dismiss it as shite.

56 minutes ago, mozo said:

Very positive comments about us on today's Totally Football Show podcast.

James Richardson also does an excellent Italian football podcast, Golazzo, a mix of past and present stuff.

I'd also recommend the Guardian's Football Weekly and The Football Ramble.

18 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’ve done 4 Peter Crouch podcasts today, have laughed out loud a few times, so many good stories

LJ just got bigged up by Adrian Durham, which is good to hear 

Yeah I've been listening to that too :)

Adrian Durham though is like a cheese grater to the mansack

14 minutes ago, mozo said:

Adrian Durham though is like a cheese grater to the mansack

Absolutely! He’s the most cringeworthy presenters of them all.

I tune in to Steve Wright if I ever have the radio on in the afternoons - rare these days since I retired.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Agree about the Totally Football Show. The Guardian Football Weekly (actuallyon twice weekly)  one is very good as well. 

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The most notable things were

He was pleased with our shapebin and out of posession

Would like a proven (Within our means) forward in Jan to supplement Squad 

Doesnt havev to be a target man but somebody who can (Can’t remember his exact words) lead up top (Suggesting, Which I approve of that we are looking at , say mobile forwards who can lead the line in a different way)

Did I read somewhere he wants (paraphrased) a proven striker who can run the sides, not necessarily a target man?  

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Did I read somewhere he wants (paraphrased) a proven striker who can run the sides, not necessarily a target man?  

Yes - that’s close or even nailed for his exact words 

Said he doesn’t have to be a ‘target man’ in conventional terms 

I wonder whether it was Zahore Dave 

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes - that’s close or even nailed for his exact words 

Said he doesn’t have to be a ‘target man’ in conventional terms 

I wonder whether it was Zahore Dave 

Quite possibly, and perhaps now on secondary targets.  Personally I think we need something with a bit of pace.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I only listen to TS in the mornings and IMO its great listening. Both Alan Brazil and Jim White discuss football 80% of the time with the occasional discussion on rugby and cricket. 

Whats not to like?

Brazil freely admits that he knows bugger all about cricket but Steve Harmison has co presented with him so has Lawrence Dallaglio.

Im really surprised that so many poster seem to dismiss it as shite.

I often listen to the Hawksbee and Jacobs show in the afternoons....Brazil makes me cringe .... obviously unprepared most of the time on the few occasions I’ve listened to him....i occasionally listen to the Sports Bar show later in the evenings...that can be quite interesting at times. But the H&B Show is the Talksport flagship offering in my opinion...the most professional presenters and Paul Hawksbee is a genuinely funny guy who has written material for several professional comedians including Harry Hill and Al Murray....

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah got.....bit mischievous with your Sammy comment ?

Did he get to finish the interview?

No , never came back on

The plane story breaking may be a red herring but I didnt think he sounded his normal self Dave

He spoke well but was very monotone for him ,almost as if he didn’t really want to be doing it ?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , never came back on

The plane story breaking may be a red herring but I didnt think he sounded his normal self Dave

He spoke well but was very monotone for him ,almost as if he didn’t really want to be doing it ?

It was good to hear to be honest bob . Especially after his interview with Henry winter , winning the prem with us etc. Perhaps he thinks he needs  to tone it down a bit. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’d be an amazing coup in my opinion.  

Do you know if he’s getting any game time at Watford ? 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It was good to hear to be honest bob . Especially after his interview with Henry winter , winning the prem with us etc. Perhaps he thinks he needs  to tone it down a bit. 

Do you know if he’s getting any game time at Watford ? 

A6DD0425-1675-415C-89AF-87F4F6A21178.jpeg

26 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Thanks Dave. Been out of favour for a while then. There’d be plenty after him at our level but he’d be perfect for us imo. 

Dunno if it’s injuries or not....Transfermarkt died today always provide injury info for English footie.

Archived