IGNORED

Top six Saturday?

INCRED

So Derby play at Preston and Boro at WBA, two tough games for the two clubs directly above us.

Beat Swansea and we are in the top 6 if both Derby & Boro lose.

Can we stay there and push on towards the top 2 and put pressure on others in the promotion hunt?

Can we continue the 6 game winning run, at what point do we start to really believe and enjoy the chase 

27 minutes ago, INCRED said:

So Derby play at Preston and Boro at WBA, two tough games for the two clubs directly above us.

Can we stay there and push on towards the top 2 and put pressure on others in the promotion hunt?

Can we continue the 6 game winning run, at what point do we start to really believe and enjoy the chase 

Plus will go 6th if City win and Derby draw only 

2 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Swansea scored late tonight drawing 3.3 with Brum so decent for us heading into the weekends clash but really fancy us to give them a tonking...... Looking at fixtures in February they really are massive and looking at Flints mob I think there the ones will be chasing. 

Yes cause we have given many teams a tonking this season! Very difficult game on saturday.

10 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Swansea scored late tonight drawing 3.3 with Brum so decent for us heading into the weekends clash but really fancy us to give them a tonking...... Looking at fixtures in February they really are massive and looking at Flints mob I think there the ones will be chasing. 

Leroy Fer went off injured also which helps if not fit for Saturday

22 minutes ago, Super said:

Or we could be 11th.

Absolutely we could and the upcoming set of fixtures are just one more round of the Championship schedule when the different results effect the entire league table.

Personally I try not to put o much emphasis on one set of weekly results. Nothing is won in late February.

That said, just like every other City fan I really want City to win against the Jacks.

55 minutes ago, INCRED said:

To be fair INCRED said push on towards the top 2.  That's what we have been doing.  We are on a great run and I am enjoying it.  I feel we have a decent chance of finishing top 6.  Also, I will accept that we will probably finish around 11th.  But it is fun at the moment.  

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

Exactly, Boro are the team to chase because they have a torrid run of fixtures in February.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely we could and the upcoming set of fixtures are just one more round of the Championship schedule when the different results effect the entire league table.

Personally I try not to put o much emphasis on one set of weekly results. Nothing is won in late February.

That said, just like every other City fan I really want City to win against the Jacks.

I want City to win every game whatever the opposition.

7 hours ago, Sitrom said:

To be fair INCRED said push on towards the top 2.  That's what we have been doing.  We are on a great run and I am enjoying it.  I feel we have a decent chance of finishing top 6.  Also, I will accept that we will probably finish around 11th.  But it is fun at the moment.  

Interestingly the last time we played Wolves in the FA cup they got to the semifinals and we finished 8th in our division.

That would be a more ‘ City ‘ season but let’s hope we smash it .

City double FA Cup and Division  winners. 

:yes:

9 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

No chance of top two. Top 6 tough as we are bound to go on a bad run at some point. All about if LJ can turn it around quick when it happens. 

Spot on, sadly history tells us LJ is more likely to takes us on another winless run, so best keep the current winning run going as long as possible! 

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Let’s just concentrate on trying to beat a very good Swansea sideshow have won 4 of the last 6 which include villa and Sheffield united

Indeed. They scored 3 last night too so have goals in them, but of course they let in just as many too.

All we can do is go out to win every game and not worry about other teams. The points are there for us to win and by doing so will put pressure on the others, we have to better or match their results, so just keep doing that and what will be will be. 

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Let’s just concentrate on trying to beat a very good Swansea sideshow have won 4 of the last 6 which include villa and Sheffield united

Apparently the Jacks have several injuries prior to the visit to AG. It’s likely they won’t be fielding their best 11.

10 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

See there is everything about this game that smacks defeat.  Its gonna happen eventually....and they are not a bad side Swansea. 

I just hope we don't have another Wolves-esque style game that completely knocks the wind out of our sails

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Swansea have the fourth best away record in the division, whereas we have the twentieth best home record. I love the confidence but this is a long way off being an easy fixture. Very tough and I wouldn't be disappointed with a point at all. 

No Championship fixtures are easy games - we saw that against Rotherham and Bolton which on paper looked ‘easy’ but neither were.

The Jacks will be just another tough AG game.

Hopefully they’ll come and play in an attacking style.

Archived