IGNORED

Top six Saturday?

INCRED

11 hours ago, INCRED said:

So Derby play at Preston and Boro at WBA, two tough games for the two clubs directly above us.

Beat Swansea and we are in the top 6 if both Derby & Boro lose.

Can we stay there and push on towards the top 2 and put pressure on others in the promotion hunt?

Can we continue the 6 game winning run, at what point do we start to really believe and enjoy the chase 

Unanswerable questions at this time. I hoped we would finish the season between 8th and 14th. At the moment we are looking good for that so let's stay under the radar and keep chugging along.

Will the Swansea game extend our winning run or not? I haven't a clue but will give you my forecast at 17.00 hours on this coming Saturday.

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Swansea have the fourth best away record in the division, whereas we have the twentieth best home record. I love the confidence but this is a long way off being an easy fixture. Very tough and I wouldn't be disappointed with a point at all. 

Totally fair - it won't be an easy match -  but I'm still hoping for a win. We've also got Blackburn away and Norwich in Feb both of which I think will be harder than Swansea. Birmingham and QPR may be a bit easier but neither of them are far behind us. To maintain or even improve our position by the end of Feb, I think we need 3 pts from Swansea.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Swansea have the fourth best away record in the division, whereas we have the twentieth best home record. I love the confidence but this is a long way off being an easy fixture. Very tough and I wouldn't be disappointed with a point at all. 

It’s a cliche Kid but we know  there are no easy games in this division which makes our current run all the more remarkable.

Swansea had a tough game yesterday, likely to be tired and picked up some knocks, also it looks like their skipper is out with a muscle strain.  I get the feeling we can get a good result on Saturday and am really looking forward to the game.

I'm not expecting to move into the top six though as I think that the teams above us will all pick up points.  All we can do is win games and not worry about the others.  We can create a gap between us and the chasing pack though.

20 hours ago, INCRED said:

So Derby play at Preston and Boro at WBA, two tough games for the two clubs directly above us.

Beat Swansea and we are in the top 6 if both Derby & Boro lose.

Looking at goal difference, a Derby draw will do provided City then win. A win for WBA could ensure City, Boro and County fighting for the last two play off positions.

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Happy to keep the unbeaten run going.  A win would be fantastic, but Swansea are acdecent side.  Might be a bit more open than recent league games as I don’t think Swansea know how to play ‘men behind the ball”.

I would back our defence against them again! Fancy us to win by a couple of a goals and be a good game of football as Swansea are not a team to park the bus

15 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I was more than happy with a quiet, leisurely, steady, low-stress, low-tension midtable snooze - with maybe a nice little cup run - for a change, and Lee blinkin' Johnson is making a complete bloody mess of that, currently.

Don’t worry. We will lose a couple soon, then everybody will be talking about relegation again!

Archived