IGNORED

Kicking off in bemy

willy bedlock

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Watched the longer footage on Bristol Post site- previously seen the shorter version but the longer now.

Took police a good 22 seconds at least to get on the scene from the outset. Others may already have seen it but anyway. Well that's odd- there was a 1 minute 26 seconds version at least on there but it seems to have reverted back.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-investigating-violence-during-2503117

From about 42 seconds in, Swansea fan towards the front, dark jacket on: looks like he is wearing his goalie gloves. Should be ejected for that fashion crime alone.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I disagree, there was over 23,000 people in the ground and less than 1% caused a problem, no reason to change things in the future

The disorder was mainly outside the ground though throughout the day wasn't it, and not all of it came to the attention of the all knowing OB.

In the stadium it was nothing compared to how things used to be as it was fairly limited, but as Milo said, the wider public who have no interest in football deserve to feel safe.

On 03/02/2019 at 12:24, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well , here we go.........

Heres the whole build up and what went on.......

Quite a funny video in some parts....Id seen comments about the guy running on the pitch for the disallowed goal but missed it at the time ......**** me he ran half the length of the pitch .  Fair play.........only to look a plonk :laughcont:

Looks like Swansea fans were the aggravators  to me ,with City upping the level  and the taffs intent on trying to cause problems all through game 

Although they seemed to go quiet at 2-0 down for a while :laughcont:

At 1.54-1.56 on the video you can see a city fan with a cream jacket on throw a punch at a steward, First copper rushing in pushes him away instead of nicking him. I thought the stewards were very brave and did an excellent job

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

From about 42 seconds in, Swansea fan towards the front, dark jacket on: looks like he is wearing his goalie gloves. Should be ejected for that fashion crime alone.

Was he wearing high waisted baggies with side patch pockets,all the rage in SW Wales I’m told.

2 hours ago, pride of the west said:

There are certainly some learnings to be taken from this, both for our stewarding and the police. But to declare future games between us as a bubble will be lazy and lessons would not have be learned in my opinion. 

Won't be a bubble next season as they won't get promoted with us !!!!

6 hours ago, phantom said:

I disagree, there was over 23,000 people in the ground and less than 1% caused a problem, no reason to change things in the future

Do the people that behaved themselves not need protection from potentially being caught up in this sort of stupidity. Do the kids that were there not deserve to be protected from seeing that. 

I'm all up for creating an atmosphere but my daughter had a full on panic attack and we had to leave the ground. Missed 70 minutes. 

Btw. To all the ****s that run from one end of the concourse to the other and blocked the stairwells to get nowhere near the Swansea fans. Well done. You must be really hard.

20 minutes ago, Judda said:

I'm all up for creating an atmosphere but my daughter had a full on panic attack and we had to leave the ground. Missed 70 minutes. 

Btw. To all the ****s that run from one end of the concourse to the other and blocked the stairwells to get nowhere near the Swansea fans. Well done. You must be really hard.

This is why it should be a bubble. If people want to scrap with each other then each to their own. But how can it be justified when it affects innocent people, especially kids.

1 hour ago, Judda said:

That’s a shame, with hindsight perhaps should have asked to move to the family stand for the rest of the game, as a steward offered another family.

Hope it doesn’t stop your daughter returning with you.

Perhaps @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO could get involved and any families with tickets in this area have the option of transferring to the Family Stand, as the likes of the Birmingham, Leeds and other sell out games, will also be fuel charged.

16 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

That’s a shame, with hindsight perhaps should have asked to move to the family stand for the rest of the game, as a steward offered another family.

Certainly a shame, as you say, but the offer was made and, hopefully, the poor girl will return shortly.

I didn't manage to get her name but just wanted to say thank you to a very kind steward.

My daughter who suffers with anxiety had a huge panic attack after seeing the idiots starting on each other in the corner of the Dolman where we sit.

She's a massive City fan and 3 years of season tickets and she now feels "a bit put off going to city"

Anyway. Lovely lady steward saw us leaving mid 1st half and offered us the option to move seats to the family stand... she was very sweet and understanding.  I wish I got her name as I'd like to give her an official thank you through the Club in some way.

Hopefully my daughter will be back for the next game now....

15 hours ago, phantom said:

Really?

On what grounds, given there was serious disorder both inside and outside the ground would you justify not changing things for future high profile games?

If there isn’t more control there is a real prospect of further problems with teams who already have well documented trouble makers amongst their support.

10 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Perhaps @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO could get involved and any families with tickets in this area have the option of transferring to the Family Stand, as the likes of the Birmingham, Leeds and other sell out games, will also be fuel charged.

If any fans would like to switch tickets to the family stand then all they need to do is contact supporter services who will be able to help. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Really?

On what grounds, given there was serious disorder both inside and outside the ground would you justify not changing things for future high profile games?

If there isn’t more control there is a real prospect of further problems with teams who already have well documented trouble makers amongst their support.

How would making people travel on a coach have any impact on what happens in the ground?

There wasn't that serious disorder in the ground, apart from the idiots that ran on the pitch the stewards and police kept the fans seperated all afternoon

As for disorder outside, as @JulieH would no doubt confirm, I can't believe there were serious amounts of problems outside the ground, so much of what was going around social media was nonsense, I got a message saying a pub had just been "done over" by Swansea, which was odd as I was sat in it at that very moment with friends and not a hint of trouble

Even in the park afterwards it was not much more than people shouting at each other, certainly not on a scale of what has been witnessed in the past. When we go to Cardiff we get kept back in after the game, by the time we leave there are no problems - THIS is why many of the problems originated after the game

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

How would making people travel on a coach have any impact on what happens in the ground?

There wasn't that serious disorder in the ground, apart from the idiots that ran on the pitch the stewards and police kept the fans seperated all afternoon

As for disorder outside, as @JulieH would no doubt confirm, I can't believe there were serious amounts of problems outside the ground, so much of what was going around social media was nonsense, I got a message saying a pub had just been "done over" by Swansea, which was odd as I was sat in it at that very moment with friends and not a hint of trouble

Even in the park afterwards it was not much more than people shouting at each other, certainly not on a scale of what has been witnessed in the past. When we go to Cardiff we get kept back in after the game, by the time we leave there are no problems - THIS is why many of the problems originated after the game

You seem to have been everywhere, in the pub, in the park, a perfect view of the non trouble  in the ground?

When was the last time  25 fans were ejected from the ground?

I did have a perfect view of the trouble in the stadium, and I was attempting to walk through the park after the game, so I think  I’ll believe what I saw with my own eyes rather than selective social media comments.

I appreciate that bubble games aren’t liked, but the fact is they do deter troublesome people from attending games and causing trouble.

10 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

You seem to have been everywhere, in the pub, in the park, a perfect view of the non trouble  in the ground?

When was the last time  25 fans were ejected from the ground?

I did have a perfect view of the trouble in the stadium, and I was attempting to walk through the park after the game, so I think  I’ll believe what I saw with my own eyes rather than selective social media comments.

I appreciate that bubble games aren’t liked, but the fact is they do deter troublesome people from attending games and causing trouble.

On the bubble game point- and I sure don't condone the idea.

However I wonder what would happen if a bubble game was announced, reduced allocations...and a load of ticketless fans travelled. Next season if we played Swansea or Cardiff and it was announced as a bubble which subsequently lead to a load of ticketless fans travelling- could be Swansea to here or us to there, similar with us to Cardiff or vice versa.

Again I definitely don't condone the idea of trouble or ticketless fans travelling- but if a load of ticketless fans travelled as a form of protest against bubble match conditions let's say, that could close off one problem and open up another.

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On the bubble game point- and I sure don't condone the idea.

However I wonder what would happen if a bubble game was announced, reduced allocations...and a load of ticketless fans travelled. Next season if we played Swansea or Cardiff and it was announced as a bubble which subsequently lead to a load of ticketless fans travelling- could be Swansea to here or us to there, similar with us to Cardiff or vice versa.

Again I definitely don't condone the idea of trouble or ticketless fans travelling- but if a load of ticketless fans travelled as a form of protest against bubble match conditions let's say, that could close off one problem and open up another.

I think a lot less ticketless fans would travel than if they had tickets. Additionally, there are means of controlling travelling fans far better . For their own safety why not have them on specials which stop at Parson Street and then walk those who can walk straight to Ashton Gate, where there are facilities waiting for them. For those travelling by coach it is how the Cardiff bubble works, then drive the coaches straight to the stadium.

They want a beer piss or pie, and watch the tv then there is all that at AG. if you want to see the city of Bristol come again any time on non matchday you will be welcome. It is funny that the club seeks to encourage home fans to get into the stadium to spend money as early as possible, yet away fans are kept away for as long as possible.

Cardiff bubbles have deterred the majority of those without tickets and whilst some complain about the infringement of human rights I would suggest that there is a bigger picture here.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Wasn't this the reason City gave for the additional 1100 tickets for Swansea?

I'm not sure of the reasons the club gave the extra tickets, but they probably thought that some would get tickets in the home ends, which if they had, would have been the odd few and entirely manageable.

They also wanted the extra revenue of course.

I don't personally know of anyone who went to Cardiff without a ticket on the bubble matches.

I broadly agree on the bubble points by @Loon plage and @harrys but there is precedent. I remember hearing about it a while ago and it seemed it was true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21982187

Now this was a totally peaceful protest and had both sets of fans joining forces. Less edge I suspect between Hull-Huddersfield than us and Swansea/Cardiff. 

It is hard to say if these protesters had travelled ticketless but i any case they probably did not adhere to travel restrictions either. Like I say this was peaceful, but if it occured for other games may not always be so?

During the stand off inside the ground one Swansea fan you could clearly make out at the front wearing all his stylish clobber was Brett Johns the UFC fighter, good luck to any City fan that had a go with him outside.

I have to say this was brought to my attention by my son who follows UFC, as to be honest I have never heard of the bloke before.

However evidence was soon presented to me on my lads phone to back up the theory.

57 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

During the stand off inside the ground one Swansea fan you could clearly make out at the front wearing all his stylish clobber was Brett Johns the UFC fighter, good luck to any City fan that had a go with him outside.

I have to say this was brought to my attention by my son who follows UFC, as to be honest I have never heard of the bloke before.

However evidence was soon presented to me on my lads phone to back up the theory.

He certainly travelled 

But now picked up an ‘injury’ 

now there’s a thing 

Gonna stand out on video in that coat

Wtf is the ‘goggle’ hat all about - Is he impersonating Pac-Man ?

Burberry scarf too..........So 90s

A361B2CC-9A9C-428B-81DA-9F4DB05C62D2.png

AA7D1243-3429-4EB4-82F8-686FA7CC3BBD.png

F60FC54F-3F84-413F-9D1B-6277166078C5.jpeg

Archived