IGNORED

fao Julie H

Greedo

10 hours ago, Huntstile Red said:

What time was that, MAttWSM? I was in there 5-540, very few City fans let alone any Swansea (saw two leaving mouthing off about not being served, but the barman had clocked they were welsh and they were being dicks and they were Welsh).

About 6

17 hours ago, Big C said:

I agree with their decision why should law abiding people be held back against their will because of a few idiots

Simples. To prevent the enevitable fighting in Greville Smythe afterwards.

**** me it wasn’t rocket science. And just think. If they’d done that the ******* dog would’ve been ok ?.

Odd though that @JulieH is happy to come on here and put one side of the story but when there’s a **** up or two you hear absolutely nothing.

I’m interested to see whether lessons have been learned from Saturday’s debacle when the mighty Leeds are in town....

Reckon they’ll arrive late? Or be allowed so many tickets? Or stand in the sterile areas? Or whether BCFC supporters will be allowed to swarm into that corner of the Dolman?

17 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Knowing your interest in dog welfare A, forgot to mention ....

Joe Bryan’s dog  sports a Harrods bodywarmer these days

I’ll bet he does. 

Thing is what will he and Joey wear when either Joey is no longer considered suitable or The Cottagers are relegated.

Mind you didn’t Bobby look good on MOTD? Thank **** LJ moved him from his wilderness that was the midfield. ?

A great improvement on the pitch too - shame the collective idiots ****** it up on Saturday. Told you all Lansdown is the man.... ?

And be honest. Never mind Stoney G and his red hat. That buffoon on Twitter wearing that white cap. That was you wasn’t it? ? 

29 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

One thing I am struggling to believe is that the 800 or so who turned up late all had tickets? They all stormed through together, so obviously didn’t go through the turnstiles.

Where does all this 800 number come from,I'd say about 200,300 at most came in late,but what ever the true number it sure wasn't 800.

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Originally ,I thought Julie said about 400..................unless of course they were sags which would explain the discrepancy !:laugh:

Just add a nought...………………….

21 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Where does all this 800 number come from,I'd say about 200,300 at most came in late,but what ever the true number it sure wasn't 800.

I would estimate around 150/200. At first I thought it was one coach which arrived late, but then there seemed too many for that. I thought they got through the turnstiles pretty swift too, very regular. Were they even searched in another question? And as I have previously said, why were they then allowed to walk right across the stand? The atmosphere certainly changed with their arrival.

23 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

"Ashton Gate Stadium is formally investigating an incident that occurred between a minority of supporters at the Sky Bet Championship clash between Bristol City and Swansea City on Saturday.
Up to 800 visiting fans arrived at the stadium 20 minutes after kick-off and immediately removed the segregation nets on the east corner of the Atyeo Stand.
The situation was initially dealt with by the stewarding team and police in the vicinity.
Twenty-five Swansea City fans were removed during the game and there were a number of arrests.
Regrettably, several Bristol City supporters were involved in altercations in the corner of the Atyeo Stand and Dolman Stand before being apprehended.
As a result, two stewards and a police officer were treated for minor injuries.
Ashton Gate Stadium Managing Director Mark Kelly said: “Ashton Gate Stadium has a very strong record of match day safety and I can assure our fans that any home or away supporters that caused this unpleasant experience will be banned.
“The incident in its entirety was captured on CCTV and a formal investigation in conjunction with the Avon and Somerset Police match commander and our head of safety is under way.
“I would like to take this opportunity to recognise our safety team and stewards for taking control very quickly and dealing with this situation.”

7 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

"Ashton Gate Stadium is formally investigating an incident that occurred between a minority of supporters at the Sky Bet Championship clash between Bristol City and Swansea City on Saturday.
Up to 800 visiting fans arrived at the stadium 20 minutes after kick-off and immediately removed the segregation nets on the east corner of the Atyeo Stand.
The situation was initially dealt with by the stewarding team and police in the vicinity.
Twenty-five Swansea City fans were removed during the game and there were a number of arrests.
Regrettably, several Bristol City supporters were involved in altercations in the corner of the Atyeo Stand and Dolman Stand before being apprehended.
As a result, two stewards and a police officer were treated for minor injuries.
Ashton Gate Stadium Managing Director Mark Kelly said: “Ashton Gate Stadium has a very strong record of match day safety and I can assure our fans that any home or away supporters that caused this unpleasant experience will be banned.
“The incident in its entirety was captured on CCTV and a formal investigation in conjunction with the Avon and Somerset Police match commander and our head of safety is under way.
“I would like to take this opportunity to recognise our safety team and stewards for taking control very quickly and dealing with this situation.”

Well everyone I went with and others I have spoken to since have all said the same thing,no way was that 800.

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

I would estimate around 150/200. At first I thought it was one coach which arrived late, but then there seemed too many for that. I thought they got through the turnstiles pretty swift too, very regular. Were they even searched in another question? And as I have previously said, why were they then allowed to walk right across the stand? The atmosphere certainly changed with their arrival.

Never 800, don't care what  the "officials " say. Fake news cobbled together by powers that be to make it sound harder to control than couple of hundred...............that's my take anyhow.

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry if mentioned, but which two pubs were damaged?

The apple and the Barley Mow,caused hundreds of pounds worth of improvements,the old ones are the best,or perhaps not.

3 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Well everyone I went with and others I have spoken to since have all said the same thing,no way was that 800.

That would imply that the stadium management and authorities didn't know how many people (approximately) were in a given part of the ground which could be a very serious matter potentially.

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Never 800, don't care what  the "officials " say. Fake news cobbled together by powers that be to make it sound harder to control than couple of hundred...............that's my take anyhow.

Spot on Slarti.

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

That would imply that the stadium management and authorities didn't know how many people (approximately) were in a given part of the ground which could be a very serious matter potentially.

Loon,see Slarti's reply.

Archived