IGNORED

Bristol City vs QPR Match Day 31

Unan

I ******* love Matty Taylor.

King Nause himself.

Honestly think he's one of my favourite City players of the last 10 years or so, comes on, shits the opposition up, constantly looking for aggro, being a nasty little ******, and something always seems to happen when he's on the pitch.

Ashton Gate's own shithousery champion.

21 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The issue is people such as @RedDave posting bollox that some people are happy when we lose. The people complaining in the first half had valid points, comments such as redave‘s are just shitty point scoring for no reason and have **** all to do with the football.

I think there’s a grain of truth to @RedDave posts and people know it which is why they get upset.

We were a bit off the boil tonight but that in no way means we are not a good side who will not challenge for the play offs.

However the tone of some posters is that they ignore the now huge weight of positives and the one negative spell we get (which will always happen, in fact we’re going to lose at some point as well, eek) is somehow used as ‘see, I told you so point’.

This team is good, these players are good, Johnson seems to have figured things out. It now  flys in the face of all reason to suggest otherwise,  yet to do it after one sub par 45 min spell is laughable.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Ivorguy post

People booing at HT

Stuff on twitter that I can’t be bothered to re-find

EC0992E1-6081-4306-81F0-320C6D73C4D1.png

I didn’t realise we were expanding to unknown people in the ground - I didn’t hear the booing and I very rarely look at twitter, I assumed it was this forum and some posters you were making the point about, Ivorguy’s post was an opinion, he’s allowed one.

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I didn’t realise we were expanding to unknown people in the ground - I didn’t hear the booing and I very rarely look at twitter, I assumed it was this forum and some posters you were making the point about, Ivorguy’s post was an opinion, he’s allowed one.

Just made the point that some fans seem to thrive on us being poor. A bit on here. Bit in ground. Bit on facebook

Been severely rounded on by a few for my comments which I find hilarious to be honest!  

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I think there’s a grain of truth to @RedDave posts and people know it which is why they get upset.

We were a bit off the boil tonight but that in no way means we are not a good side who will not challenge for the play offs.

However the tone of some posters is that they ignore the now huge weight of positives and the one negative spell we get (which will always happen, in fact we’re going to lose at some point as well, eek) is somehow used as ‘see, I told you so point’.

This team is good, these players are good, Johnson seems to have figured things out. It now  flys in the face of all reason to suggest otherwise,  yet to do it after one sub par 45 min spell is laughable.

I’m looking at the rest of the season on a positive note, I still don’t think we’ll make it but you never know.  My issue is with posters being hounded for stating pretty realistic views and having decades of supporting this team being accused of wanting us to lose. 

Have some respect for those who have stood on the terraces and now sit in their seats for over 70 years, they maybe old and miserable when they see a first half performance like that but they’ve ******* earnt that right.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just made the point that some fans seem to thrive on us being poor. A bit on here. Bit in ground. Bit on facebook

Been severely rounded on by a few for my comments which I find hilarious to be honest!  

Well maybe this is a learning experience for you.  Let’s hope so.

37 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Though the ref didn't give much our way throughout the game he paid us back in spades by late on allowing Pisano to stay on the pitch and then giving us a shocker of a penalty.

The fact Wally was so irate toward him at the end made his actions so much sweeter.

Yes, Pisano got away with it for sure....but he was so lenient with qpr fouls he probably didn’t deem it a yellow. (It was!!)

16 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Great win in the end. Ref had a shocker IMHO. Some really bad decisions and lost total control at the penalty. Fair play to Fam for knocking it in.

onwards and upwards - it gets difficult now so good to have points in the bag 

COYR

Ref awful.  There were 2 or 3 other occasions where Leistner has his arms all over Fam in the box without getting a pen, one in full view of the Lino too.

14 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Famara showed he wanted and could score the pen. Well done Famara!

Cool pen to go with the one at Wolves.  6 goals in last 12 starts plus 1 sub.  I don’t be popular but he had awful service first half yet there were a couple of superb touches / layoffs.  Leistner was all over him, and allowed to get away with it.

He should’ve scored with his header, but worked hard against a really physical challenge.  Important role tonight for little personal benefit...until the penalty.

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

King Nause himself.

Honestly think he's one of my favourite City players of the last 10 years or so, comes on, shits the opposition up, constantly looking for aggro, being a nasty little ******, and something always seems to happen when he's on the pitch.

I’ve noticed more and more how he just winds the keeper up at corners....hilarious.  I know Fam sometimes nicks the keeper’s bottle, but Matty is a Effin nause!!

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I’m looking at the rest of the season on a positive note, I still don’t think we’ll make it but you never know.  My issue is with posters being hounded for stating pretty realistic views and having decades of supporting this team being accused of wanting us to lose. 

Have some respect for those who have stood on the terraces and now sit in their seats for over 70 years, they maybe old and miserable when they see a first half performance like that but they’ve ******* earnt that right.

My faith in managers waivers over the years and I Johnson has tested my patience during his tenure to the point that there were periods where criticism and concern were just.

I just think the body of work now presented proves we are a good team. I honestly didn’t believe we would lose at any point tonight. 

Come on @RumRed, jump on the bandwagon while it lasts, god knows as city fans we’ll be scratching around in the dirt again at some point in the future, we can cry on each other’s shoulders then........but for now....

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

My faith in managers waivers over the years and I Johnson has tested my patience during his tenure to the point that there were periods where criticism and concern were just.

I just think the body of work now presented proves we are a good team. I honestly didn’t believe we would lose at any point tonight. 

Come on @RumRed, jump on the bandwagon while it lasts, god knows as city fans we’ll scratching around in the dirt again at some point in the futures, we can fry in each other’s shoulders then!

What I liked tonight (and Stoke too) was that we don’t have any problem getting the ball over the h-w line when chasing a game.  In the past teams have stifled us and it’s been a real struggle.  Tonightwe just builtup a head of steam, missed that clinical pass at times, but at least we play a style that gives the crowd something to get behind.  Kalas and Webster’s passing from theback, so important.

Peversely it was Kalas’s brilliant interception, but poor pass that led to their goal.  He’s allowed one mistake!!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What I liked tonight (and Stoke too) was that we don’t have any problem getting the ball over the h-w line when chasing a game.  In the past teams have stifled us and it’s been a real struggle.  Tonightwe just builtup a head of steam, missed that clinical pass at times, but at least we play a style that gives the crowd something to get behind.  Kalas and Webster’s passing from theback, so important.

Peversely it was Kalas’s brilliant interception, but poor pass that led to their goal.  He’s allowed one mistake!!

Kelly is massively asleep for their goal as well.

I wish Steve L would be brave and sign Kalas.

I respect his decision to run the club the way he does, but him and Webster could give us the solid rock we could build on and ensure this isn’t a flash in the pan 

7 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Come on @RumRed, jump on the bandwagon while it lasts, god knows as city fans we’ll be scratching around in the dirt again at some point in the future, we can cry on each other’s shoulders then........but for now....

I’m well on the bandwagon thanks!  Exciting season and stunning run.  I was well on the LJ train from the very very start.  One of the few that was excited when he was appointed, lost faith then regained it.  That’s not what my posts have been about!

28 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

King Nause himself.

I'd give you a hundred likes if I could, spot on my friend.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I’m well on the bandwagon thanks!  Exciting season and stunning run.  I was well on the LJ train from the very very start.  One of the few that was excited when he was appointed, lost faith then regained it.  That’s not what my posts have been about!

I know, I often agree with the sentiment of many of your posts when critiquing Johnson.

I just meant don’t worry about it. It’s fun st the moment.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, Pisano got away with it for sure....but he was so lenient with qpr fouls he probably didn’t deem it a yellow. (It was!!)

Ref awful.  There were 2 or 3 other occasions where Leistner has his arms all over Fam in the box without getting a pen, one in full view of the Lino too.

Cool pen to go with the one at Wolves.  6 goals in last 12 starts plus 1 sub.  I don’t be popular but he had awful service first half yet there were a couple of superb touches / layoffs.  Leistner was all over him, and allowed to get away with it.

He should’ve scored with his header, but worked hard against a really physical challenge.  Important role tonight for little personal benefit...until the penalty.

I’ve noticed more and more how he just winds the keeper up at corners....hilarious.  I know Fam sometimes nicks the keeper’s bottle, but Matty is a Effin nause!!

Don't know about that Dave, think you're pretty popular on here.

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It was top drawer wasn't it. Eliasson is starting to fulfil his promise. He can't be too far away from the Swedish national team surely :) And what a set up by Patto.

Proper goal.  Doesn’t matter really how they get in the back of the net but it is nice to see one like that.  What football’s about.

First half bordered on boring, any good moves stifled by niggly fouls from QPR, ref so one sided it was criminal, most of his biased bad decisions came in the later part of the half, more like WWF than football, hence the booing.

HT LJ made some good calls and we were a different team, the ref was still an absolute knob and when it became 1-1 QPR immediately showed Maclarens philosophy and this seemed to change the refs interpretation of the game and our pressing completely changed the atmosphere! 

Well done to the team and the fans - Hull in the playoffs and our boys not expecting to be looking for new teams if we go up! The future looks good! And I am beginning to believe LJ may  have finally got it right ..........

COYR

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

Can see no reason for disallowing Pisanos  header?...........seemed a straightforward pen?....and brollyman should try to control his petulance, although after Saturday miss and tonites 92nd min goal  he is pulling his hair out?

I think Matty Taylor was backing into the keeper and qpr player on the line

10 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

At 1-1 and on 90 minutes, while I'm travelling up north to York, the bloody Internet goes down. Ah well says I, never mind, sounds like we snatched a point from the jaws of defeat. I get to the hotel, check in, phone the wife, unpack, make a brew, have a shower, pop the TV, finally kick back on the bed and check out the comments on the game on OTIB. 

Well bugger me backwards with a gert big buggering stick, I exclaim, we've only gone and got all 3 points!!!! 

Unbelievable. 

COYR

this kind of comment is less than helpful and you probably work for the latest user manual writers I find gert big buggering stick as much use as, use the appropriate size drill bit. give us the size of your gert big buggering stick and we can check in our sheds and garages and see if we can help a fellow fan.

I can’t believe we didn’t score a third at the death, site it was about 5 on 1!  The whistle went straight after and the players collapsed in the box, shows how much effort they put in

I can’t believe we didn’t score a third at the death, site it was about 5 on 1!  The whistle went straight after and the players collapsed in the box, shows how much effort they put in

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

You can say that again. 

Kelly seemed lethargic/disinterested.

Johnson did the right thing to bring on DaSilva for the second half who kept them on the back foot.

Was worried when Weimann went off so early, but Eliasson gave us even more energy and enthusiam - and what a cracking goal.

Never a pen - but do I care? Nah !

Not our best performance by a long shot, but we hung in there and Fammy eventually did what he's paid to do.

It's a good time to be a City fan. 

Let's all enjoy the moment.

Archived