IGNORED

Happy Louis Donowa Day

'Orns

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It hasn’t pissed me off at all - why would it?

I just don’t see the importance of beating the gas 28 years ago................:facepalm:

Don't comment then, just sit there and tut and keep it to yourself

Seems like there's far more happy memories than people annoyed by it. So we can't discuss history or former players? Maybe you should have your own little forum where you can discuss watching the Blue Few at Wembley and having your pants pulled down by GJ?

22 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I remember it kept their silly "will you ever beat the gas" chants quiet....It should now be "will you ever play the gas" and we all know the answer to that.

Probably my memory playing tricks (and a bit of wishful thinking) but weren`t they actually singing that when the goal went in?

I suspect not and my judgement is almost certainly clouded by trudging away from AG on several previous occasions having to listen to it ringing out from their fans who were being kept in.

On 05/03/2019 at 20:27, Robbored said:

It hasn’t pissed me off at all - why would it?

I just don’t see the importance of beating the gas 28 years ago................:facepalm:

We had gone through a spell where Rovers kept on beating us despite City being the better side and it was sickening as we had to witness some horrific tackles (like Alexander on Dave Smith) and other dirty tactics by their hoofballers and they became a bogey team for us. The significance of that victory 28 years ago is that it broke the hoodoo. If Holloway had scored that penalty the ***** would have gloated like the Banjo Sag that he is, and we may have witnessed yet another painful defeat which we would have had to hear about every day for the rest of the season. Fortunately Louie stole in to score a really late goal (I was making my way out of the Eastend at the time and only just caught it so and so my celebration was that of disbelief and relief), but from then on they were no longer a ******* jinx. Yes, they won a few after that, but psychologically they were no longer a problem.

24 minutes ago, NickJ said:

@Robboredyou a fan of Oscar Wilde?

Hmm...... gotta think about that...........:dunno:

A man born in the wrong era......no doubt about his genius tho.

Have to admire his openness about his sexuality in time when it was seen as a sin. He paid the price and had to escape Victorian Britain to live as he wanted.

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I think march the 16th should be keith welch day.

Beat the tramps 4 2 at trumpton.

Keith nugent and matty hewlett on the scoresheet.

They had chance after chance that day and keith had one of his best ever games.

Think it was the last derby at twerton?

What about the return leg....

Archived