IGNORED

Webster

MC RISK77

Bit of everything really.  We were chasing the game so didn't need 3 centre backs, he was on a booking so it made sense.  Thought the yellow was unfair, although he did seem a bit rattled throughout the game (as did both sets of players for some reason).

1 minute ago, Roe said:

Bit of everything really.  We were chasing the game so didn't need 3 centre backs, he was on a booking so it made sense.  Thought the yellow was unfair, although he did seem a bit rattled throughout the game (as did both sets of players for some reason).

They all will have had prior experience of being reffed by Mr Stroud and know anything can happen.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I think he was. Looked shaky in defence and wasn’t himself in possession. 

Not necessarily shaky, but I guess he’s not the kind of CB who revels in the elbows of Garner.  That’s no criticism, just not the best part of him game....

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think he actually struggled on the ball in that left centre back position. We've seen him play there before and get forward well in a couple of games like Wolves game. But he was almost like a left back which didn't suit him at all. Pack kept coming too deep, which overcrowded our defence. Webster and Kalas were then so far wide. The shape in the first half did not look right to me at all.

Agree with all that JD.  Need Webster to come forward but have the option to not get drawn into the left channel all the time, need to give him space to go central / right too.  Think Dasilva looked a bit tired too (not his fault) which unbalanced the left side.

Sensible decision to sub him and save him from the attentions of Garner and Mr Stroud. He also looked uncomfortable in a back 3, plus with Marlon coming deep to get the ball, ridiculously we were left light in the midfield, which saw Webster having to go much further forward than usual.

Between Pack coming deep, Brownhill being anonymous and Paterson being Paterson, we were making next to nothing for the 2 forwards. We actually looked more dangerous when we just played long balls down the middle!

4 minutes ago, Super said:

He wasnt great today and was on the verge of getting sent off.

This is a genuine question Super, not having a dig. I assume from this post that you were at the game? If so, how do you manage to watch the match whilst posting relentlessly on the match day thread each week - both about the City game and others? Like I said, not having a dig, just interested in how you seem to be at the games, yet spend the majority of the time tapping on your phone or iPad. Is this a modern thing?

You must miss a lot of each game by looking down....just another quirk of the modern world I suppose. I was walking up Whiteladies Rd recently and two youngsters walked straight into me on separate occasions because they were glued to their phones rather than looking where they were going....

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Only my opinion but I think as he'd had a booking and just had a big row with the ref, coupled with the fact he wasn't at his brilliant best, they were the reasons.

I think you nailed it...More than one bad ball when high up the field, booked and lucky not to see red....the only decision that could be made....For my tuppence Bailey Wright had a very good game

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This is a genuine question Super, not having a dig. I assume from this post that you were at the game? If so, how do you manage to watch the match whilst posting relentlessly on the match day thread each week - both about the City game and others? Like I said, not having a dig, just interested in how you seem to be at the games, yet spend the majority of the time tapping on your phone or iPad. Is this a modern thing?

You must miss a lot of each game by looking down....just another quirk of the modern world I suppose. I was walking up Whiteladies Rd recently and two youngsters walked straight into me on separate occasions because they were glued to their phones rather than looking where they were going....

There are two guys stood beneath our seats, who literally spend all games on their phones.  

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

There are two guys stood beneath our seats, who literally spend all games on their phones.  

I got that beat. I have a family of selfie takers (every 5 minutes) in front - spend more time on FB and rummaging in their bag for crisps than watching the game. Behind me I have old farts who moan at everything. Meh - I wished I’d moved this year 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why bother to attend then?! I glance at my phone during half time and sometimes post on here during the half time break, but that’s it - just don’t get how people like @Super post non stop on match day threads whilst making out they are at the games....which I doubt, cos they immediately post stuff on here that’s mentioned on Sky Sports etc - but if they are at the games they obviously ain’t watching, so why bother going?!

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Lucky not to get sent off for a second yellow, sensible decision with cheat Garner around.

Garner really is a piece of work , worse than I remember at Preston , from literally minute one diving around , looking for a fight and trying to get players sent off , quite rate Nick Powell but seemed to be learning from the prat 

11 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

Garner really is a piece of work , worse than I remember at Preston , from literally minute one diving around , looking for a fight and trying to get players sent off , quite rate Nick Powell but seemed to be learning from the prat 

Garner is one of a very few players who have a decent record at this level but I would never want us to sign. He`s not just niggly but nasty with it and how he`s not been lamped on the pitch more often is beyond me.

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agree with all that JD.  Need Webster to come forward but have the option to not get drawn into the left channel all the time, need to give him space to go central / right too.

This is why I'd like to see him central of the 3. He could sit in as a DMF'er when we are attacking, and when out of possession slot back into central defence. The problem is balance , if you play Wright and Kalas everyone want to be right side. Baker is obviously 4th choice ATM , but would be a natural fit, might be different if Wright wasn't club Captain.
I guess we also carry more threat down the left, with DaSilva a willing runner. Hunt tries, it just doesn't seem quite so natural down our right, at least until Eliasson comes into the picture.

One word on Garner,  how does that **** not get sent off in every game he plays. Horrible ,nasty , cheating , obnoxious little git.

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This is why I'd like to see him central of the 3. He could sit in as a DMF'er when we are attacking, and when out of possession slot back into central defence. The problem is balance , if you play Wright and Kalas everyone want to be right side. Baker is obviously 4th choice ATM , but would be a natural fit, might be different if Wright wasn't club Captain.
I guess we also carry more threat down the left, with DaSilva a willing runner. Hunt tries, it just doesn't seem quite so natural down our right, at least until Eliasson comes into the picture.

One word on Garner,  how does that **** not get sent off in every game he plays. Horrible ,nasty , cheating , obnoxious little git.

Horrible ,nasty , cheating , obnoxious little git,

And those are just his better qualities !

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why bother to attend then?! I glance at my phone during half time and sometimes post on here during the half time break, but that’s it - just don’t get how people like @Super post non stop on match day threads whilst making out they are at the games....which I doubt, cos they immediately post stuff on here that’s mentioned on Sky Sports etc - but if they are at the games they obviously ain’t watching, so why bother going?!

He doesn’t go to games but opines as if he did I beleive 

3 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Bailey WRIGHT did ok but I felt we looked unbalanced and I think we would look better with Webster in the middle as kalas is suited right of a 3 and Kelly or baker are suited to Left of a 3 

Thought Bailey was the pick of the 3 CBs yesterday, but wouldn’t surprise me if there is a change in the back 3 on Tuesday.

In my opinion, we wouldn't have conceded that 2nd goal if Webster was on The pitch. He is our main first ball winner, and with him off; Wigan took advantage in The last 10 mins. That said, he was a walking 2nd yellow. Especially with the odious Garner and Windass on the pitch.

59 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

In my opinion, we wouldn't have conceded that 2nd goal if Webster was on The pitch. He is our main first ball winner, and with him off; Wigan took advantage in The last 10 mins. That said, he was a walking 2nd yellow. Especially with the odious Garner and Windass on the pitch.

This is basically what Johnson said. We probably wouldn't have got the 2 goals without the substitutes, ok it could have been someone else but could have also been a red for Webster. 

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

He doesn’t go to games but opines as if he did I beleive 

Cheers - not sure how he can slag off players (eg like he’s done with Weimann) and pontificate on other issues in the game etc if he’s never there! Apparently he also posts stats on here that have been stated on Sky etc about a millisecond after they are said on those channels, further proving that he doesn’t attend games. It’s quite incredible...why pretend you are there when you aren’t?! It’s not compulsory to go to games....

Archived