IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Meanwhile back on the Villa forum :rofl2br:

Screenshot 2019-06-27 12.27.50.png

wealthy

adjective

having a great deal of money, resources, or assets; rich.

"the wealthy nations of the world"

synonyms:rich, affluent, moneyed, cash rich, well off, with deep pockets, well-to-do, prosperous, comfortable, opulent, propertied, of means, of substance, in clover, plutocratic;  "spending beyond your means in attempt to remind people that you once mattered in the football world. " *

*See Aston Villa

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Villa

I'm going to Tesco and tell them at the checkout that I only want to pay £10 for their litre bottle of Jack Daniel's and see whether or not they're feeling benevolent. No doubt MA will give Villa the same look of incredulity (especially sweet for him given his WBA roots).

2 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

I used to like them and have gone to villa park to watch them a few times about 10 years ago. Now they're one of my top disliked clubs 

Oh yeah, their dislikable traits have really kicked in the last few years- and in particular season just gone! Was fairly neutral towards them mostly before though.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Using Football Manager logic.

Your bid+asking price=X

X÷2= amount needed for club to accept.

So Villa initially bid £12m, we asked for £30m.

£42m÷2.

£21m and we accept.

That’s almost gas logic?

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Vijay Daryanani: The problem is that everyone knows we’re loaded! I expect us to make some late signings, not good but we can’t be ripped off

Nick Cannon: Everyone is taking the p*** because we are loaded but at some point we will need to start paying over the odds if we want a proper sized squad

Chris Davies: Crazy valuations on players not even premier league proven

Michael Knott: Werent Bcfc one of the club's whinging about Villa not obeying FFP.  
So as revenge they think can screw silly money out of us. 
The 12mll is closer the true value.

Paul Russon: just forget Bristol trying to screw us cos they think we have money to burn, move on.

Related image

Do transfers involving player exchanges effect sell on clause costs, ie the value of a player (on the side of £ as well) being considered? Just pondering something, we were after Hogan in Jan wonder if we would accept a £ + Hogan bid for Webster if it were to reduce the amount we would have to pay Ipswich?

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Do transfers involving player exchanges effect sell on clause costs, ie the value of a player (on the side of £ as well) being considered? Just pondering something, we were after Hogan in Jan wonder if we would accept a £ + Hogan bid for Webster if it were to reduce the amount we would have to pay Ipswich?

But then we'd have Hogan :noexp:

37 minutes ago, hodge said:

I went to the local uni and know a few decent Villa fans, but it has to be said, it is getting to the point where being an Aston Villa fan should be illegal.

These people shouldn't be allowed to freely roam our streets until education is properly restored to all parts of Birmingham and drug use is curtailed.

Don't think I've ever come across such a mix of downright stupidity as well as being delusional. Hard to tell which affliction is more common at Villa.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They'll be after DaSilva next season.

Apparently they need a LB who's good going forwards

Next season they be back in the Championship, do no chance. 

Still not convinced we’ll sell Webster but if we do I just hope it’s not Vile. I re-iterate an earlier post that if we sell to Vile I want ALL money upfront. 

So because they're in the prem with lots of TV money they think we're holding Webster for ransom... It's not the fact he has 3 years on his contract, that he was one of the best centre backs in the championship, most likely has his best years ahead and the fact we don't need to sell players for FFP...

No its none of that we're just holding him for ransom. 

2 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

So because they're in the prem with lots of TV money they think we're holding Webster for ransom... It's not the fact he has 3 years on his contract, that he was one of the best centre backs in the championship, most likely has his best years ahead and the fact we don't need to sell players for FFP...

No its none of that we're just holding him for ransom. 

Saw one person querying how we could ask for 5 times Joe Bryan's value :laugh:

36 minutes ago, hodge said:

They are supposed to include fair value, but what is fair value? Ask Mel Morris!

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

2 goals and 1 assist in 15 games, reckon £500,000 is fair :ph34r:

You want it the other way so as not to pay much to Ipswich. 

But Webster ain’t going nowhere. Little training ground interview put out earlier not without reason!!!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You want it the other way so as not to pay much to Ipswich. 

But Webster ain’t going nowhere. Little training ground interview put out earlier not without reason!!!

Must have missed a zero :whistle2:

45 minutes ago, hodge said:

At this rate, judging by the clueless villa chris brunts who post we'll have to have an Aston Villa Dustbin Thread as they are certainly up there with the deluded few and seem to have a lot in common with the sags with their delusion of grandeur, thick as 5hite fans and monotonous dirge [eepie eye aye] 

Archived