IGNORED

Programmes from first game

Sitrom

Does anyone else have their first programmes and/or tickets.  Here's mine.  I only found out recently that it ended 1-1 whereas previously I had always thought we won 1-0.  I was in the Dolman so probably left early and missed Southends goal.  ?  I wonder how that Jacki guy got on.

first programme.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sitrom said:

Does anyone else have their first programmes and/or tickets.  Here's mine.  I only found out recently that it ended 1-1 whereas previously I had always thought we won 1-0.  I was in the Dolman so probably left early and missed Southends goal.  ?  I wonder how that Jacki guy got on.

The player in the picture is Martin Scott - a very decent full back.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Loved Martin Scott.  Remember standing there behind the goal where he crossed it other to Allison to nod it past Grobbelaar.  Some random bloke picked me up and swung me around in celebration.  Then the lights went out.  

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

whats the ground/team that photos from?.....could be twerton or maybe port vale?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Might have been the FA cup match against Liverpool when the floodlights failed.

did he get dropped though?

2 hours ago, Sitrom said:

first programme.jpg

Less than a Tilson for Jacki, and that’s back when a Tilson was a Tilson!

18 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Who is the grey haired guy? Lumsden? I know he was our manager for a while but what's his story? Why did he leave etc

Jimmy Lumsden was a top notch coach, but never wanted to be a manager. I think he stepped up into the role reluctantly. I'm unsure now how long he lasted, but if I remember I was in the stands at West Ham for City v Charlton when one of their staff told us he was on his way at half-time.

23 hours ago, robofwells said:

No but I got one from the day I was born Jan 59 a FA cup reply away to Blackpool we lost 1-0 start of 60 years of hope!

image1[707].png

A fine exhibit and something to be proud of. Out of interest were programmes back then printed or hand copied by monks in a monastery? 

On 23/06/2019 at 15:11, Sitrom said:

first programme.jpg

I was at that game. Straight from the kick off Jacki got possession and dribbled, iirc, into the penalty area having started his dribble quite a way out, and either hit the post or it almost hit the post. Would've been quite some introduction had that gone in.

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 17:14, cidercity1987 said:

Who is the grey haired guy? Lumsden? I know he was our manager for a while but what's his story? Why did he leave etc

Went on to change his name to Johnson (starting a future City managerial trend btw) and become uncle to a crazy haired Tory nephew called Boris?  

Archived