IGNORED

Our wage structure

daored

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Palmer was asked by a court of law to state his salary. I am assuming his answer was correct.  Don’t know what you are on about regarding papers. 

The average salary is not £30k any more.  

Good job you have transfer sources as without them you are struggling!

Why the bitterness?

Just now, RedDave said:

Not bitter. A lot of people hear things. He has just become smug with it. 

He hasn’t at all.  Just passing on information which generally comes off which, from the way you are behaving, it seems you don’t like for some reason.    

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

He hasn’t at all.  Just passing on information which generally comes off which, from the way you are behaving, it seems you don’t like for some reason.    

It’s the smugness in some of his replies. I.e the ‘youre welcome’ above. We’ve all played Football Manager and know how salaries can work ! 

To be fair I really like most of Kid's posts across the varied OTIB forums, and I'm thankful for his inside info...but he does get a bit smug sometimes. I probably would too if the forum were hanging on my every word!

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Pay as you play?

Where did you get that from?!?!?

Exaggeration as I couldnt be bothered to explain or type a paragraph on my phone while walking.

I beleive it was reported at the time (or rumoured at least) that both were on appearance fee incentives relating to their injury history. I definately recall it being mentioned with regards to Webster due to his injury history with both Ipswich and Pompey. I.e. we negotiated a lower base wage packet. I think appearance fees are also how we negotiate the lower base wage in combination with signing-on fees.

45 minutes ago, RedDave said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/42130297

This study is nearly 2 years old. If it was £50k two years ago it’s at least £50k now. 

Dave - question there is if its in regards to the 25 man squad specifically or all players at the club, plus its a survey and ergo dependant on players that chose to provide data unless they (the intelligence agency in question) state otherwise ,and they do not note how they collected said data. So we can only assume their method and format of collection.

https://chelseafclatestnews.com/chelsea-fc-players-wages/

I highly doubt Palmer is on much more then Ampadu, and no where near Christensen.

1 hour ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

My understanding is that players effectively sign three contracts too. One for the Championship, one for the Prem and one for League One ?

Im sure the overall package compares favourably and a whole lot more so on the Prem one

Pretty much. Ours double their wages on promotion to the Prem. Decent incentive!

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Pretty much. Ours double their wages on promotion to the Prem. Decent incentive!

Interesting, I assume that's in addition to the one time bonuses they'll all get if we go up. Having said that it's still nothing compared to the six times multiple they can get by moving there themselves (if reports around Webster's offer are correct). Guess it shows you just how much impact a couple of seasons up there can have on a club's finances.

21 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Exaggeration as I couldnt be bothered to explain or type a paragraph on my phone while walking.

I beleive it was reported at the time (or rumoured at least) that both were on appearance fee incentives relating to their injury history. I definately recall it being mentioned with regards to Webster due to his injury history with both Ipswich and Pompey. I.e. we negotiated a lower base wage packet. I think appearance fees are also how we negotiate the lower base wage in combination with signing-on fees.

Dave - question there is if its in regards to the 25 man squad specifically or all players at the club, plus its a survey and ergo dependant on players that chose to provide data unless they (the intelligence agency in question) state otherwise ,and they do not note how they collected said data. So we can only assume their method and format of collection.

https://chelseafclatestnews.com/chelsea-fc-players-wages/

I highly doubt Palmer is on much more then Ampadu, and no where near Christensen.

As I’ve said above. Palmer had to legally declare his wage. It was £1.1m a year. Don’t know what Ampadu and Christensen are on 

7 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

@RedDaveis hilarious ?

Cheers 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

It’s the smugness in some of his replies. I.e the ‘youre welcome’ above. We’ve all played Football Manager and know how salaries can work ! 

People in glass houses should not throw stones

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's only you that's saying that. You've ended up creating an argument with yourself.

I said we don't pay a basic of over £20k.

I'll give you a few examples of why a player might accept a lower basic wage than what they were previously on:

- a signing on fee that tops up their basic

- the selling club may offer to make up the difference (This was done with JET and Fielding, for example)

- length of contract I.e. the total amount payable over a longer contract guarantees them move money than what they'd have got on their existing one 

You're welcome.

I understand that some players historically (Tomlin) had an end of season ‘bonus’ to compensate his lower wage.  In most cases this would stay confidential so as not look out of place with teammates, but he couldn’t help bragging about it!

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

As I’ve said above. Palmer had to legally declare his wage. It was £1.1m a year. Don’t know what Ampadu and Christensen are on 

Cheers 

He may have had to declare earnings....not salary.  Earnings may have included bonuses for appearances, etc on top too.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I understand that some players historically (Tomlin) had an end of season ‘bonus’ to compensate his lower wage.  In most cases this would stay confidential so as not look out of place with teammates, but he couldn’t help bragging about it!

He may have had to declare earnings....not salary.  Earnings may have included bonuses for appearances, etc on top too.

The fine for speeding is a percentage of weekly salary so bonuses not included. 

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The fine for speeding is a percentage of weekly salary so bonuses not included. 

I was in receipt of one of these forms recently - not proud - and that wasn’t the case RedDave

They are not daft. When I was last employed, 80% of my earnings came from profit share and share option arrangements. 

The idea of proportionate to income type fines is to create disincentives for higher earners who are not usually paid weekly. 

1 minute ago, fairweather said:

I was in receipt of one of these forms recently - not proud - and that wasn’t the case RedDave

They are not daft. When I was last employed, 80% of my earnings came from profit share and share option arrangements. 

The idea of proportionate to income type fines is to create disincentives for higher earners who are not usually paid weekly. 

Yep, as Director of my own Ltd company, I pay myself a smaller salary and the rest in dividends.  I’d be speeding all the time if linked to salary. ???

10 minutes ago, fairweather said:

Fair enough, cheers. 

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Fair enough, cheers. 

I think your debate is affected by the object of the question. 

As per the speeding fine - the court wants to know what you earn - full stop. Bonus or salary is irrelevant to them as you suggest is all the same here for the player. What do I earn?

If the question is about wage structure then you could say the structure is important. The structures are usually designed to give the employer flexibility. In good times you retain high performing employees and in bad times bonuses go down but jobs are retained. 

I guess in football you could say, I don’t care how you got here. Whether as a free agent with signing on bonus or big money signing - those one offs are dealt with at the time-  but we all now within a tiered salary structure that maintains order and fits our FFP budget for salaries.

10 hours ago, RedDave said:

A lot of people hear things. He has just become smug with it. 

It's more than that to be fair, @Kid in the Riot is a psychic and can accurately predict the future. I seem to recall during Portugal Spain (3-3) in the world cup last year he accurately predicted to a bar full of people the time and nature of several of the goals minutes before they were actually scored. He was smug then too and many of the Spanish were so uneasy about his powers that they left in disgust. By comparison foreseeing the odd transfer is pretty mundane, we should be putting his powers to better use.

back-to-the-future-2-movie-clip-screensh

Archived