IGNORED

Sweets and Dutch...

Judda

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ta ,

You Just reminded me

@Garland-sweden was hoping he might be lucky and find someone  driving back to London , after the Leeds game who could give him a lift and was happy to chuck some petrol money in

Anyone help ?

I know a few fans always get the train back to London together if he can't find a lift, top bunch as well. Usually hang about after matched for a bit though. 

@Olé

Just now, 42nite said:

I was on the same plane as them from Gothenburg to Lulsgate for a game last season.

They're a good friendly bunch!

Their travel plans are going to be much more difficult now that BMI have folded.  ☹

Tommy has chartered a plane for October , going to fly it over himself !

All good

E829F0F2-F937-4EA9-85CF-BAC6A9573805.gif

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Could the Houghton, Hodgson, Moller, Malmo connection have anything to do with it too?

Way before Garland -Sweden watched a friendly  between Holstein Kiel and Bristol City. It was late July 1970 and City won 2-0 with Chris Garland scoring both goals. When we met up with Gerry Gow he claimed it was his first game in a City shirt.

Next season the Scandinavian Branch will celebrate 50 years of support. Sad really as we are getting old..

City - Willem II started with Elko who used to visit early 2000's and watch City and drank in the Lions. A few lads went over there for a game v Groningen around 2006. It really got going from 2007 - 08 more lads from Tilburg came over for an away at Millwall, and them there was a trip to Tilburg for a game v NAC and now there are regular trips each season from anything from a few to 100+ each way.

12 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Way before Garland -Sweden watched a friendly  between Holstein Kiel and Bristol City. It was late July 1970 and City won 2-0 with Chris Garland scoring both goals. When we met up with Gerry Gow he claimed it was his first game in a City shirt.

Next season the Scandinavian Branch will celebrate 50 years of support. Sad really as we are getting old..

Chris Garland was my very first football hero / idol  and the main reason I became a City diehard Tommy 

His demise after football so sad

He would have been a brilliant one for @Shtanley to track down and interview 

Anyone know where he is now ?

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Chris Garland was my very first football hero / idol  and the main reason I became a City diehard Tommy 

His demise after football so sad

He would have been a brilliant one for @Shtanley to track down and interview 

Anyone know where he is now ?

A truly graat man! I had the honour to be seated at Chris table for the AG8 Dinner in 2007. 

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ta ,

You Just reminded me

@Garland-sweden was hoping he might be lucky and find someone  driving back to London , after the Leeds game who could give him a lift and was happy to chuck some petrol money in

Anyone help ?

Im gonna to Temple Meads and Looking for a train to London. Already in Bristol, have a rom in North street.

Archived