IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day 5

Septic Peg

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He is one of the top keepers outside the PL when he is confident, and confident in his defence. I voted for him in the poll because he could well prove the best of a very good set of signings. Having a top keeper can make such a big difference to a team.

You and me both CP, I think there are only 4 others who voted our way. Over the years I have seen several occasions when a top class, confident and reliable goalkeeper can be the most important part of a teams success, Basso being the most obvious one, but there have been others. 

A week of very light physical exercise and heavy duty tactical scenarios on the cards before next Saturday. 

I presume we were not all that and only won because Hull "gave" us s couple of goals?  :whistle:

We seems to be completely jinxed on the injury front, but as others have commented Williams' signing now looks inspired, although from his interview I would think he needs to get fully fit before he can be risked as a starter - we don't need any more players crocked. Given his ability to keep the ball out of the net, perhaps Famara might be a suitable stand in in the back 4!

With so many new signings in the summer, and change to playing style, I was expecting a slowish start to the season and a few restless natives, while the new players bedded in and gelled out on the pitch. Bearing in mind the additional upheaval as a result of losing players to injury, the way we've started is not only pleasantly surprising, it is also a reflection on our recruitment strategy, the quality of players we've bought in and the work LJ and his coaching team put in day to day.

I know there's a long way to go, but perhaps the sceptics can now see a degree of logic in the club's transfer philosophy and that selling your best players isn;t necessarily to the detriment of the team's progress and improvment.

3 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Is this the chance people are slagging him off for missing?

If it is they can **** off and suck a big dick.

How is he shit for that not going in? Jesus some of our fans are pathetic.

If it wasn't the chance, ignore what i've just said ??

Yes that was the chance that someone called him a “calamity” for missing. Miss that at 3-0 up and you’re unlucky but do the same at 1-0 and the other team equalise a minute later makes you useless on here.

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes that was the chance that someone called him a “calamity” for missing. Miss that at 3-0 up and you’re unlucky but do the same at 1-0 and the other team equalise a minute later makes you useless on here.

Just goes to show the level of absolute bed wetters we have on this forum sadly. 

27 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Massengo might need a rest, we don't want to overdo it with him; but do we have a better option at present? Quite a dilemma with all the other injuries.

The international break covers the weekend of 7 September, so he hasn’t got long before a rest

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The international break covers the weekend of 7 September, so he hasn’t got long before a rest

Yes, I know that. It's just that he's a young 'un and we have other options. The trouble is, they are not the level of Nagy and Massengo. It's tempting to keep using him but what if he gets an injury? Tricky for the coaches.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I post on the MTD pre-game and h-t.....I concentrate on watching the game during the match. 

Problem is that some people aren't watching the game and are relying on this thread for information tion, then you get ********* saying that Fam hits an air-shot when that is just a blatant lie, and then you get others calling him a calamity for very nearly scoring a difficult chance. Meaning that if you don't see the highlights you have the impression that Fam has missed 2 sitters which is clearly total bollocks. 

27 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I presume we were not all that and only won because Hull "gave" us s couple of goals?  :whistle:

We seems to be completely jinxed on the injury front, but as others have commented Williams' signing now looks inspired, although from his interview I would think he needs to get fully fit before he can be risked as a starter - we don't need any more players crocked. Given his ability to keep the ball out of the net, perhaps Famara might be a suitable stand in in the back 4!

With so many new signings in the summer, and change to playing style, I was expecting a slowish start to the season and a few restless natives, while the new players bedded in and gelled out on the pitch. Bearing in mind the additional upheaval as a result of losing players to injury, the way we've started is not only pleasantly surprising, it is also a reflection on our recruitment strategy, the quality of players we've bought in and the work LJ and his coaching team put in day to day.

I know there's a long way to go, but perhaps the sceptics can now see a degree of logic in the club's transfer philosophy and that selling your best players isn;t necessarily to the detriment of the team's progress and improvment.

The miserable northerners  only gave us one goal. 

Other than that I agree with your post .

4 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Problem is that some people aren't watching the game and are relying on this thread for information tion, then you get ********* saying that Fam hits an air-shot when that is just a blatant lie, and then you get others calling him a calamity for very nearly scoring a difficult chance. Meaning that if you don't see the highlights you have the impression that Fam has missed 2 sitters which is clearly total bollocks. 

It’s easy, wait for highlights! ???

29 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We could have been 20-0 up and he'd still have been slated for missing it.

44 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Guuuuuyss, i was moving some furniture today and I had no time I even forgot about the game.

You can not belive how happy I am. My live score app poped up and I saw that we won it 3-1. Love you Afobe, love you Jonhshon. Let's just win as much as we can at home, last year at home was the problem.

We can do it, we can do it top 2, why to not do it..

When you coming for a game Mihai? Loads of free rooms waiting of posters on the forum for you I’m sure

45 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Massengo might need a rest, we don't want to overdo it with him; but do we have a better option at present? Quite a dilemma with all the other injuries.

With the wonderkid playing as he is and seemingly loving every minute of it why would you consider resting him? It's funny how when you're winning aching limbs and minor knocks recover so much quicker than when having lost.

14 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

When you coming for a game Mihai? Loads of free rooms waiting of posters on the forum for you I’m sure

I’d like to see @Mihai get over and if somebody could help out with putting him up would happily chip in a chunk for the flight

What is your nearest airport Mihai ?

Archived