IGNORED

Boro Forum

BcFcOneLove

I work with loads of boro fans, there  a boro mafia of scaffolders on the rig I'm on, to man I've always found them loud obnoxious wa...rs, they still see city as punching above their weight and are confident  of a result.  As Keegan once said  I will love it if we beat them.

Cant stand the arrogant condescending pricks.

22 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

I work with loads of boro fans, there  a boro mafia of scaffolders on the rig I'm on, to man I've always found them loud obnoxious wa...rs, they still see city as punching above their weight and are confident  of a result.  As Keegan once said  I will love it if we beat them.

Cant stand the arrogant condescending pricks.

Let it out son, don’t keep it in, there you go.

??

Not sure why they're so pessimistic, its only five games into the season and they have a good squad with a young manager who is trying to implement a different playing style. These things take time (where have I heard that before).

We don't "thrash" many teams and I don't see that happening tomorrow.

Currently Boro don't let too many in (first day of season apart) and they don't score many either. I think they've scored two in the last four games and conceded three. During that run they've apparently had a couple of wrongly disallowed goals and missed a penalty which would put a more positive light to the season had those counted.

I reckon it'll be a close game with City just edging it 2-1.

Kind of feels like the majority of comments on that thread reflect their poor start/view of their tactics/investment rather than the perception of how well we're doing at the moment. 

Really looking forward to tomorrow. Not overly confident of us to win but I'm enjoying watching our style of football again which makes it worth while. 

7 hours ago, Galway Red said:

They seem a sensible bunch

That'll be until Sunday, when the forum will be full of "Bristol are  not all that and we gifted them a couple of goals". That's assuming we win of course, and their pessimism  might not have  factored in the disparity between our home and away form over the last 12 months. :shocking:

As per the OP's comments, it is interesting to see how we are viewed and in particular the change in strategy 6/7 seasons ago:

"Bristol City are by no means a smaller club than us. And premier league pedigree counts for nothing outside the premier league. They have a billionaire owner that laid down a clear plan about 6/7 years ago of what they want to achieve. They’ve stuck with a good young manager even when it looked bad and they were facing the relegation places. Their recruitment is light years ahead of ours and when they do reach the promised land of which I have no doubt they will in the next 3/4 years  they will be set up much better than we were to deal with it. 

We could learn a lot off the field from Bristol City and come Saturday I think they’ll teach us a little bit on it too"

Some of their fans commented that the strategy has nothing to show for it as yet, by which I presume they mean promotion, because the improvement in recruitment and on field performance is almost entirely because of the changes in the club's strategy. Also, as has often been debated on here, some of the changes have taken time to come to fruition, which some of our own fans have struggled to accept and some 'Boro fans seem to be of similar ilk in expecting things to happen overnight.

59 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Kind of feels like the majority of comments on that thread reflect their poor start/view of their tactics/investment rather than the perception of how well we're doing at the moment. 

Really looking forward to tomorrow. Not overly confident of us to win but I'm enjoying watching our style of football again which makes it worth while. 

I am never ‘ over confident ‘ that we will any game.

We can but equally so can the opposition at this level. The margins are tight.

‘ Thrashings ‘  are rare at this level.

Would be wonderful to have a repeat of the Joe Royle début game score line. 

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What amazed me most about that thread, wasn't that it seemed balanced, realistic and sensible, but the fact it wasn't full of 'we don't like City, but we love Bristol Rovers' comments, which the Fewers would have us believe is a universal opinion.

I’m just amazed that Robbored wasn’t on it .

Archived