IGNORED

Bristol City v Reading Match Day 11

Septic Peg

Argh. I forgot. Again. Bad Peg.

Short and sweet today, and the question on everyone's lips is Club v Country?

Nagy has been floating around the team for the past few matches, the same for Bailey Wright. I can see both of these two playing for their respective countries, especially Nagy but the key one here is Kalas. I'm not even sure if he is back training yet but to be thrown into the international side with low match fitness and minimal training is not a good look for the Czech side. If he does travel, I'll bet my ass, he'll be on the bench for most of the two games.

Also good news for stalwart Ashley Williams and upcoming Joe Morell both being picked by Giggs to play for the welsh. Can they only be picked if they have a club then because iirc, Ashley wasn't selected during the last international break... is this some Fifa rule?

Today, and I'm smelling a win. Reading escaped relegation last year by the skin of their teeth and I'm still backing them to go down. 2-0 win with Weimann getting both.

Safe travels to all on the M4 today.

COYRS!

Weirdly, if we win it'll secure a very good start to the season, but if we draw or lose, one could argue that we've not kicked on from last season (only 4 wins from 11 games and back in 9th or thereabouts).

Must be a win. Reading in dreadful form, missing a key player. Win win win.

Think LJ may go with something like this:

Bentley

Hunt    Williams   Baker   Rowe

Brownhill Massengo

Weimann. O'Dowda.   Eliasson

Diedhiou

Think it’ll be tough today. For all the talk about them being awful, they held Swansea away to a 1-1, despite conceding after 3 mins. Other recent losses to Boro and Blackburn have been by a single goal and they’ve been right in it. 

With only a few days turnaround, we’ll need to be at the races today. That said, I hope we have the quality needed for the 3 points which would for me, be a very solid start to the season. 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Weirdly, if we win it'll secure a very good start to the season, but if we draw or lose, one could argue that we've not kicked on from last season (only 4 wins from 11 games and back in 9th or thereabouts).

Afternoon all, just got back from a fishing festival at our local lake, they hold it every year on the first Saturday in October. Unfortunately not many caught while I was there, it was raining, but now the sun has come out and only 5 C, Winter is on the way.  Surely City must win this afternoon, however, don't we seem to struggle against out of form teams at home. .  let's hope they can buck the trend and secure  a good win to keep us in the top area of the table.  So Come On You Red's!

11 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Fingers crossed he doesnt.

Im thinking Reading have quite a short defence. So he might well go with Fam. The only player we have who I think seems to suit Fam is O'Dowda. Would be no point in playing Palmer behind Fam.

36 minutes ago, mozo said:

And historically we know what happens on this kind of day.....

Let's hope were at it from the start and relatively frustration free!

Might not be the best place to ask but before I create a new topic, is it pay on the day / are you able to buy tickets on the day? Just found out I can go at the last minute and it’s first time I’ve tried to just turn up at such late notice. No tickets on the website anymore

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Might not be the best place to ask but before I create a new topic, is it pay on the day / are you able to buy tickets on the day? Just found out I can go at the last minute and it’s first time I’ve tried to just turn up at such late notice. No tickets on the website anymore

I believe you can. Haven't read anything to say the game is sold out/all ticket.

You might even get lucky and find someone with a spare.

1 hour ago, deadredfred said:

Think it’ll be tough today. For all the talk about them being awful, they held Swansea away to a 1-1, despite conceding after 3 mins. Other recent losses to Boro and Blackburn have been by a single goal and they’ve been right in it. 

With only a few days turnaround, we’ll need to be at the races today. That said, I hope we have the quality needed for the 3 points which would for me, be a very solid start to the season. 

As @Robbored has often said, there are no easy games in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Think LJ may go with something like this:

Bentley

Hunt    Williams   Baker   Rowe

Brownhill Massengo

Weimann. O'Dowda.   Eliasson

Diedhiou

Surprised if Moore doesn't start

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I believe you can. Haven't read anything to say the game is sold out/all ticket.

You might even get lucky and find someone with a spare.

Thanks I was looking for news one way or the other and didn’t see any. There seemed plenty of tickets in lansdown and dolman last night

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Thanks I’ve sent a message!

Archived