IGNORED

Bristol City v Wigan Athletic Match Day 14

Septic Peg

LJ really HAS to change this at HT, apart from the goal, 1 shot all half. No control in cm, a couple of good runs by COD but otherwise not in it, Palmer not making any impact... The corner count of 5-1 Wigan shows who has been in control. 

Even after being gifted a goal, we went back to slow, laborious play and got punished for it.

Frustrating and a bit feeble. Making them look good through our poor decision making and general lack of urgency. Not sure what Johnson say a before they go out but he needs to change it. They've got decent players but don't look much of a team. All to play for but need to up everything a notch. 

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

LJ really HAS to change this at HT, apart from the goal, 1 shot all half. No control in cm, a couple of good runs by COD but otherwise not in, Palmer not making any impact... The corner count of 5-1 Wigan shows who has been in control. 

Even after being gifted a goal, we want back to slow, laborious play and got punished for it.

We’ve had one than one shot but yes it’s not good enough. 

I hate to be negative, but this is not an impressive performance,  Far too many unforced errors and far too many corners given away.  Passiing is of a poor standard, an d we have squandered possession too often.  We need to improve, as this game could get away drom us?

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I swear I watch a different game to most. I think there is people that are negative and actually enjoy being negative and prefer us to do badly. Yes we've not been at our best but we have created quite a few decent chances. 

It’s pretty poor fare, it’s not exciting to watch, it’s not filling me full of confidence that we can maintain a challenge for at least a play-off spot - maybe we can, perhaps the quality of the whole division isn’t what it should be, time will tell.  

5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It’s pretty poor fare, it’s not exciting to watch, it’s not filling me full of confidence that we can maintain a challenge for at least a play-off spot - maybe we can, perhaps the quality of the whole division isn’t what it should be, time will tell.  

I don’t think there is a cat in hells chance this 11 will be top six. It’s more a case of battling and getting what we can until we get some back. We are literally starting now with two players no one else wanted to offer a contract to, and others that would not be first choice. It’s a minor miracle we are where we are at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I’d say we’ve been comfortable, but apart from a few free kicks in decent positions, we hadn’t fashioned anything remotely like a decent chance until the goal. 

We haven't created anything? Sorry mate but yea we have. Not a huge amount but we've had a few decent chances. Especially the AW header which he should have burried really.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

We haven't created anything? Sorry mate but yea we have. Not a huge amount but we've had a few decent chances. Especially the AW header which he should have burried really.

Pushing for the premier league on that halfs showing? Sorry no chance based on that. Palmer dire.....full backs not pushing on....caught in possession time and time again. Not good enough.

I hate early kickoffs, the games feel so disjointed.

Need runners ahead of Palmer for him to be effective. But the couple of times there were he played terrible passes.

CO'D looks good when he runs forward.

I expected more energy//movement from Rodri.

2 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Not sure what's worse. The performance or Dasilva's commentary skills

Yeah just repeats what the commentator says. Real bad. Needs a half time "livener!"

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Ok fair enough about Weimann's header, but he was caught heading that between two Wigan defenders and the cross was one in which he had to generate all the power. Not easy... Apart from that, we've not been at the races at all today. 

Eliasson probably coming on as he isn't on pitch with others.

Poor first half. O'Dowda, Brownhill and Weimann been good. Palmer awful. Rodri quiet. Baker and Rowe offering nothing. Pereira been a poor too on ball.

Archived