IGNORED

Bristol City v Wigan Athletic Match Day 14

Septic Peg

6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I don’t think there is a cat in hells chance this 11 will be top six. It’s more a case of battling and getting what we can until we get some back. We are literally starting now with two players no one else wanted to offer a contract to, and others that would not be first choice. It’s a minor miracle we are where we are at the moment.

Over a quarter of the way through the season and we don't deserve to be where we are?

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

or needs someone doing all the dirty work behind him, like Massengo normally does. 

He needs more than that. We see it most weeks....tries to be too clever loses the ball with little impact.

Bench player  come on against tiring teams. 

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I swear I watch a different game to most. I think there is people that are negative and actually enjoy being negative and prefer us to do badly. Yes we've not been at our best but we have created quite a few decent chances. 

Me too.  ?

1 hour ago, FrozenRobin said:

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 13.06.30.png

What? You've searched for a comment I made about Rowe at left back, when I am talking about him as a centre midfielder. He is physically strong regardless anyway.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I may be in the minority  but I thought we bossed the first half .

Kipre is doing well for them , understandably as we don’t have a big unit up front.

Wigan didn’t look like troubling us their goal. 

We can win this .

Absolutely no way did we boss the first half. 

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Over a quarter of the way through the season and we don't deserve to be where we are?

We do. I just think given all the injuries we are carrying, it’s remarkable the results we have dug out.

Anyhow, fingers crossed today is another of them.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

how is that it's always Moore and not Baker?

My hunch is that because Moore has a tendency to make Wesbter-esque marauding runs, he prefers Baker in a flat back 4 as if Moore gets caught out on one of his runs it otherwise leaves Williams heavily exposed 

8 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

Yet another crap half of football at home, again!!!! Very poor showing. It’s f’ing Wigan   

Wigan, that team recently in the premier league. And 2012-13 FA cup winners. Oh, OK then. 

We’re bristol city and we have the god given right to beat them. 

My mistake.

2 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

I wish he could make an impact from the start of games...….

I think you can use that statement for the whole team at home games like this.

Seems to me that he tries to do much on the ball in the wrong parts of the pitch i.e. our last third, and too often gives it away, putting us under pressure. Given the way we started you can perhaps understand if he feels he needs to make something happen, but I think he needs to keep it simple in our half and play in their half.

I think it could be missing Messango who always seem to be available for the simple pass and to tidy things up.

14 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It’s pretty poor fare, it’s not exciting to watch, it’s not filling me full of confidence that we can maintain a challenge for at least a play-off spot - maybe we can, perhaps the quality of the whole division isn’t what it should be, time will tell.  

It's effectively been 3 v 3 in the midfield. We've had 3 CBs marking 1 striker. We need to get the ball down the wings more. 

2 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Wigan, that team recently in the premier league. And 2012-13 FA cup winners. Oh, OK then. 

We’re bristol city and we have the god given right to beat them. 

My mistake.

We're Bristol City and we have a God given right to make any opposition look good, especially at Ashton Gate and when the opposition is at the wrong end of the table and has been struggling for results.  :)

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Terrible start to this half. Wigan had 3 corners already.

How often have we conceded a goal shortly before half time and then all the momentum is with the opposition at the start of the second half?

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I may be in the minority  but I thought we bossed the first half .

Kipre is doing well for them , understandably as we don’t have a big unit up front.

Wigan didn’t look like troubling us their goal. 

We can win this .

I'll have some of whatever you've been smoking 

Archived