IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Match Day 22

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Our defence and midfield are abysmal. Conceding two goals practically every game. 

Our defence is utterly reliant on the performances of our deeper central midfielders. If they don't screen the defence to the very best of their ability then almost any team finds it easy to carve us open and take pot shots at goal. Bentley has been playing well; compared to the keepers we've had in the past few years he's very good, but in the context of the division he is no more than a slightly above average keeper. He'll pull of the odd worldie save as will most, but if you let a team get 7 shots on target he isn't going to save more than 4 or 5 on an average day.

I previously wrote that ‘ grit and determination ‘ were the key factors to getting points over the Christmas period .

Blackburn came to us without their star man , having played a day after us and that for twenty minutes with ten men so they could have been forgiven for not being at the races.

Despite the shock of the early  goal we still didn’t show nearly enough of what’s needed to maintain a top six challenge.

We had two good chances to score but we were pretty much anonymous as an attacking force other than that . We lacked cohesion in the final third and midfield was too lightweight.

NO MORE EXCUSES CITY.

LJ the ball is very firmly in your court . I want to see our players giving it straight back to the aggressive opponents and winning the individual battles. I hate to say it but we still seem to have a soft underbelly and we won’t win anything unless we toughen up. 

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Last two games were "Black Friday specials' at a tenner a pop...  Didn't expect the performances were gonna reflect the ticket price tbh… ffs Rip Off.

If I was Lansdown I would be ******* fuming because, with tickets available for a tenner, these two games would've brought in people who don't normally go to Ashton Gate. It was a massive opportunity to attract some new fans, and both games were absolute pony. 

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

If I was Lansdown I would be ******* fuming because, with tickets available for a tenner, these two games would've brought in people who don't normally go to Ashton Gate. It was a massive opportunity to attract some new fans, and both games were absolute pony. 

I don't think Lansdown is that emotional. 

Brace yourselves for an OTIB mega-meltdown.

Of course there is no doubt we’ve had a bitterly disappointing week with two home defeats and two poor, frustrating performances.

Personally, I would now like LJ to be more honest and take a leaf out of Chis Wilder’s book and instead of his usual comments about we dust ourselves off and fight again he says it like it is.......any of the following would suit:

(1) Two poor home performances

(2) Out thought and out played on both occasions

(3) As the manager I take responsibility for that

(4) As players they also need to take responsibility too, both as individuals and as a team

(5) Being a fan of BCFC is enormously frustrating, you saw us play well against Huddersfield and Fulham and then had to endure two lack lustre home performance, in which we were very much second best. I am sorry

(6) Our last two games have blatantly highlighted our limitations, I am aware of what we need to do to address these shortcomings and I will act decisively so that the problems are rectified 

I am certainly not an LJ hater but just for once can he please say it like it is without any deflection.......

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

How can we go from the Fulham game, for me our best performance in 2 years, to the Milwall and Blackburn rubbish. I dislike watching City at home, and have dome for 2 years, it is turgid boring and you know it is true as the crowd is dead. There is no shape, no energy, no plan, nothing. We can still point to progress, well that has more to do with the wage bill rather than any coaching excellence. We still are in a great place for the play offs of course, but at seasons end, if the top 6 is not made, it really must be time to give someone else , with greater clarity of purpose a go. It's not LJ out for now, play offs are on,  but equally  by now we should after 60 players have an identity , a purpose , cohesion . Not just pull one good game out of the hat, and play at home like a group of strangers. He looks out of ideas to me and more and more like O'Driscol Mk 2. In fact, that is the role LJ should have, a number 2 . Milwall and Blackburn are not parachute payments t clubs, have wage bills less than ours, so money is not the issue, the application of our resources is. A big rethink needed at BCFC this week, as two awful performances in a row is not to be ignored and the season will fall away if they cannot find rapid solutions. 

Bang on

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Well, you have a personal vendetta against him and have had since the beginning...

I just don't rate the bloke. To be fair he has done a decent job but we have absolutely stagnated the last 2 and a bit years under him and we are at a point where we completely void of a plan 

It's time for him to leave. He won't as he is completely untouchable....but this club will never become a top 6 club with him in charge. 

Absolutely no chance . You can all slate me and say I have a vendetta, but I'm right...and deep down you all know it 

Archived