IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Match Day 22

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

I just don't rate the bloke. To be fair he has done a decent job but we have absolutely stagnated the last 2 and a bit years under him and we are at a point where we completely void of a plan 

It's time for him to leave. He won't as he is completely untouchable....but this club will never become a top 6 club with him in charge. 

Absolutely no chance . You can all slate me and say I have a vendetta, but I'm right...and deep down you all know it 

Deep down what I do know is that 6 years ago we were bottom of league one, now we’re near the top 6, if we were to sack Johnson after 2 defeats it’d be laughable 

27 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Our defence and midfield are abysmal. Conceding two goals practically every game. 

So our attack is better than abysmal?  

They were the worst part of the team.  Both utterly ineffective.  No link between them.  

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Massengo was brushed aside like he wasn't there for the second goal though

After a hospital pass from Brownhill...

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Deep down what I do know is that 6 years ago we were bottom of league one, now we’re near the top 6, if we were to sack Johnson after 2 defeats it’d be laughable 

It's not 2 defeats though. It's the manner of the performances and the fact there is no direction 

Our luck has ran out. Brace yourself for another one of Lee streaky runs...

He hit a ceiling 2 years ago and just can't go any further 

It's not 2 defeats though. It's the manner of the performances and the fact there is no direction 

Our luck has ran out. Brace yourself for another one of Lee streaky runs...

He hit a ceiling 2 years ago and just can't go any further 

The last two performances before were excellent though, that’s football. 

Maybe he’ll have a bad streak now, or maybe he’ll have a good run again and half the people on here now will disappear...

17 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Well, you have a personal vendetta against him and have had since the beginning...

Personal vendetta or just his opinion. 

A lot of people didn't want Junior in the first place. Average managerial record and a player that was derided a lot of the time that he was here. 

I don't rate him, never have, but a lot of people on here seem to be happy so who am I to disagree. It's all about opinion. 

I'm surprised that a businessman as successful as Mr Lansdown trusts one of his most prized assets with a man with little or no experience and an average record. 

I don't think he can take us any further and if we're serious about trying to get promoted we need an experienced manager like Hughton or Moyes

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Maybe he’ll have a bad streak now, or maybe he’ll have a good run again and half the people on here now will disappear...

Let's be honest, those two performances were a flash in a pan. We were pretty poor before them and even worse after.

33 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Serious question for you and everyone else saying Johnson out, why didn’t you post this this time last week?

Believe  it or not the fans who want Johnson out are City fans and god forbid we call our performances for what they are, crap,imagine the backlash if someone had started the thread saying Johnson out last week 

Just now, JBFC II said:

It amazes me at how many people are just happy to settle for complete mediocrity.  It's one of the reasons why this club has never kicked on ....and never will 

People are happy with floating around mid-table of this league with the attitude of "...look where we were ..."

No ambition 

6 minutes ago, The Bard said:

So our attack is better than abysmal?  

They were the worst part of the team.  Both utterly ineffective.  No link between them.  

After a hospital pass from Brownhill...

I don't really know what to make of our attack. The team has a decent scoring rate overall, though I don't really see the point of Weimann. Runs around a lot but not much else. And Fam scores goals bit has virtually no movement

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Let's be honest, those two performances were a flash in a pan. We were pretty poor before them and even worse after.

I agree that there have been some poor performances but let’s not forget where we are and where we have been, I struggle to see how some on here coped when we were getting beaten every week in league one

I was laughed at when I told my mates I wouldn’t be getting a st again till the performances at home improved dramatically! The what’s app group is full of “why do we bother guys” “well that was crap” “same old same old”. Just one game this season when they’ve been happy after a home game. Not good is it! People renew season after season as it’s a thing they feel they need to do or attend. I do miss going to the games but the last two home games justify why I stay away. 

It amazes me at how many people are just happy to settle for complete mediocrity.  It's one of the reasons why this club has never kicked on ....and never will 

People are happy with floating around mid-table of this league with the attitude of "...look where we were ..."

No ambition 

After where we have been very recently I’m very happy with 7th in the championship, would you have called that mediocrity 5 years ago?

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Believe  it or not the fans who want Johnson out are City fans and god forbid we call our performances for what they are, crap,imagine the backlash if someone had started the thread saying Johnson out last week 

I completely agree that today and Tuesday were poor performances, I just think some need to look at where we have been compared to where we are now

After where we have been very recently I’m very happy with 7th in the championship, would you have called that mediocrity 5 years ago?

No but I also believe we are only a decent coach away from becoming a top 6 club. We have some talented players but he it doesn't matter what he does, he cannot take them to the next level....and that's turn them into a consistent top 6 team. This will be the third year in a row we will drop away....and trust me, we will. 

I personally think we look poorer now then last season. And last season we looked poorer then the year before ....

He has taken the club as far as he can. It's time to be brave and make a change like Southampton did with Adkins....

I completely agree that today and Tuesday were poor performances, I just think some need to look at where we have been compared to where we are now

I agree to a certain degree but then I look at the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth, Wolves, Southampton, Watford and I think that we should be in there with them, competing at that level. No reason why not with the stadium, owner and fan base. In my opinion we haven't had a manager of any calibre with the experience, knowledge and tactical awareness since Joe Jordan. 

Cotts did well but couldn't take us onwards and upwards and I think junior is the same. 

No but I also believe we are only a decent coach away from becoming a top 6 club. We have some talented players but he it doesn't matter what he does, he cannot take them to the next level....and that's turn them into a consistent top 6 team. This will be the third year in a row we will drop away....and trust me, we will. 

I personally think we look poorer now then last season. And last season we looked poorer then the year before ....

He has taken the club as far as he can. It's time to be brave and make a change like Southampton did with Adkins....

Or like what stoke did by getting rid of pulis, it doesn’t always work...

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I agree that there have been some poor performances but let’s not forget where we are and where we have been, I struggle to see how some on here coped when we were getting beaten every week in league one

Your commitment to the cause is admirable but it is time to stop using the analogy of "look where we were 6 years ago" We have been in the championship for a decent amount of time and have a fantastic stadium with a decent squad at this level with a few quid to spend so that argument is wearing a bit thin to a lot of fans.We are in the here and now and definitely not getting the best from this squad coupled with poor home performances apart from the odd cracker.

21 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'm not particularly a Johnson out fan but its not about the last two games, the standard of football, particularly at AG has been atrocious 

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That’s the attitude that will get you nowhere in life,do we push on to the next level,go round in circles or do we harp back to the dark old days and keep saying remember the season of 1928-29

why cant the players just go for it a bit more regardless how johnsons told them to play. they must all know how to play decent football to have got as far as they have or can they just not be arsed?  . its much better watching us lose after giving it a damn good go ,even the last 5 mins against millwall took the sting out of a totally shit performance

Archived