IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Match Day 22

Septic Peg

22 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Yet him and particularly Gallagher ran us ragged yesterday. They were far more able and capable than Flappy & Static.

Ran us ragged? I didn’t even notice he was on the pitch... 

If we’d spent 7 million on him then questions would seriously be asked. 

(Btw who’s flappy and static and why can’t you call them by their actual names)

34 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Yet him and particularly Gallagher ran us ragged yesterday. They were far more able and capable than Flappy & Static.

Gallagher had one shot in the game, Brereton none.

You called Fam & Weimann (I assume that’s who you meant?!) the most impotent strike force in the division, its just pure nonsense. Along with the stupid nicknames it just undermines any reasonable points you may be trying to make. 

8 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Gallagher had one shot in the game, Brereton none.

Strikers do more than shoot, they move, create openings and tie up the defence for others to exploit. Or rather that's what Blackburn's front two did yesterday, creating havoc amongst our ranks and getting the crowd on their backs (always a good sign they're effective.) And our front two, delivered as per the square root of zip.

15 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Strikers do more than shoot, they move, create openings and tie up the defence for others to exploit. Or rather that's what Blackburn's front two did yesterday, creating havoc amongst our ranks and getting the crowd on their backs (always a good sign they're effective.) And our front two, delivered as per the square root of zip.

Yes, I understand how strikers work with movement and running but that’s not what I called you up on. 

Gallagher and Brereton have 2 goals and 1 assist between them this season. Fam and Weimann have 12 goals and 3 assists between them 

35 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

who’s (sic) flappy and static

Well, one's the bloke who runs and points and flaps his arms and looks to cut off the ball but never attacks the man in possession and never quite gets there and flaps in frustration and flaps when squandering chances and gives the ball away again and again and again. The bloke who yesterday moaned and griped and made 5 petulant fouls all of which should have received a booking.

And the other is the bloke who strangely is capable of heading the ball in his own box but elsewhere couldn't trap a bag of cement and in the final third appears tied to his marker's shirt and, given there are only two options, always chooses to stay the wrong side of his marker and who ball watches and who struggles to move and finds himself constantly offside mostly because he hasn't bothered to get back when ambling up from the last attack and who yesterday saw CoD pick the ball up 30 yards behind him and when CoD finally lost possession 60 yards up the park he was 30 yards behind him. The bloke who again always nearly gets there but never does, who barely breaks sweat, who provides no creative outlet for our midfield when struggling because for him movement is clearly optional.

52 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Well, one's the bloke who runs and points and flaps his arms and looks to cut off the ball but never attacks the man in possession and never quite gets there and flaps in frustration and flaps when squandering chances and gives the ball away again and again and again. The bloke who yesterday moaned and griped and made 5 petulant fouls all of which should have received a booking.

And the other is the bloke who strangely is capable of heading the ball in his own box but elsewhere couldn't trap a bag of cement and in the final third appears tied to his marker's shirt and, given there are only two options, always chooses to stay the wrong side of his marker and who ball watches and who struggles to move and finds himself constantly offside mostly because he hasn't bothered to get back when ambling up from the last attack and who yesterday saw CoD pick the ball up 30 yards behind him and when CoD finally lost possession 60 yards up the park he was 30 yards behind him. The bloke who again always nearly gets there but never does, who barely breaks sweat, who provides no creative outlet for our midfield when struggling because for him movement is clearly optional.

I was with you for most of that, until you said Fam barely break sweat, what a load of rubbish that is. 

Oh and their names are Famara Diedhiou and Andreas Weimann, might help if you used their names instead of two ridiculous nicknames

13 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Thought I'd let the dust settle but seems a few more of the rose tinted are finally cottoning on to the fact:

We aren't that good;

WeeLee is a bang average coach and has been comprehensively outhought and outmanoeuvred twice this week - he's taking us nowhere, fast and and vast expense;

Unless our central two mids turn in above average performances we get stuffed (Massengo (who I like) was worse than Tuesday and wholly ineffective: Nagy ran his socks off and was the sole forward momentum but with zero options and sod all support it's no surprise WeeLee subbed him for one of his preferred boys for him then only to reinforce our over-stressed defence;)

Flappy and Static upfront are utterly redundant at this level, most impotent strikeforce in the division. Strange all the Officials beraters around here haven't screamed for the ref's head given he signally failed to send both off yesterday. Flappy committed 5 petulant, stupid fouls each deserving a yellow. Static, in possibly his only contacts during the 90 minutes, committed 3 cautionable fouls. The only way Static could have looked less interested would have been had he been asleep (which is nearly where he drove me;)

Mowbury did his homework for the first when noting in offence or defence we NEVER cover the edge of the box. He made WeeLee look stupid on the pitch, WeeLee made himself look stupid with yet another meaningless, asinine and cringeworthy post-match analysis;

The selection of WeeLee midfield lookalikes he's amassed are so poor as to be untrue. We could easily pick an XI comprised of the utter dross he's signed. I don't rate CoD but he signed a winger who he's now playing fullback. Golem or whatever he's called who came on rather than being off on loan contributed nothing other than the awful pass the stuffed Massengo for their 2nd;

Dire.

Nagy, the sole forward momentum??

I was clearly at a different game!. He was plain awful and that's why he was subbed, and it should have been at half time. He shouldnt even have started after his abject display Vs Millwall  He runs all over the place just like Massengo and that's half the problem. They aren't big lads either which is fast becoming the no brainier tactic for opposition to exploit ie get at em and they flap. For me, our Achilles heal is our midfield  

.....funny how we see things so differently 

25 minutes ago, Brooko said:

Nagy, the sole forward momentum??

I was clearly at a different game!. He was plain awful and that's why he was subbed, and it should have been at half time. He shouldnt even have started after his abject display Vs Millwall  He runs all over the place just like Massengo and that's half the problem. They aren't big lads either which is fast becoming the no brainier tactic for opposition to exploit ie get at em and they flap. For me, our Achilles heal is our midfield  

.....funny how we see things so differently 

Spot on......our midfield has been over run in the last two games. Whatever happened to Nagy protecting the back line?  On a side note....... I don't understand why Massengo is being being blamed for the second goal, as Brownhill (Who apparently we can expect bids for,  from the Prem..Ha!) played him a terrible hospital ball, which left him exposed.

On 16/12/2019 at 11:09, maxjak said:

Spot on......our midfield has been over run in the last two games. Whatever happened to Nagy protecting the back line?  On a side note....... I don't understand why Massengo is being being blamed for the second goal, as Brownhill (Who apparently we can expect bids for,  from the Prem..Ha!) played him a terrible hospital ball, which left him exposed.

Whilst I entirely agree about Brownhill's pass, one of the many misplaced during the last two matches, Massengo should have made sure their player went nowhere by whatever means it took. He's not a hardened pro yet.

1 hour ago, redysteadygo said:

Whilst I entirely agree about Brownhill's pass, one of the many misplaced during the last two matches, Massengo should have made sure their player went nowhere by whatever means it took. He's not a hardened pro yet.

Exactly........he's a inexperienced young lad, who should NOT be getting Hospital passes from an experienced captain. That pass was really poor, and left him exposed.  `i have been so disappointed with Brownhill in the last 2 games.  He has let himself down and has looked a liability.  The idea that Prem clubs might come in for him is ludicrous, IMHO.

4 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

I was at the game and noticed that we had zero midfield against a big, physical side who’s players made ours look tiny and easily brushed aside , we need to toughen up and show some teeth! Too whimsical and lightweight...Hugely disappointing...:yawn:

Agree .... Cisse and marvin Elliot would easily start ahead of Nagy and massengo 

19 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

Agree .... Cisse and marvin Elliot would easily start ahead of Nagy and massengo 

Met Cisse today, what a top bloke.  He reeled off the players he played with, like Maynard, Skuse, and said they had a good team that could’ve done better.  Only 35 too, looked fit enough to play!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Met Cisse today, what a top bloke.  He reeled off the players he played with, like Maynard, Skuse, and said they had a good team that could’ve done better.  Only 35 too, looked fit enough to play!

Only a short chat then Dave? Or is the 15 million French super striker next month a secret? ?☺️

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

We've put worse out there this season?....get him a squad number!

How did the 'Swindon friendly go??...Dasilva??

16 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

I was at the game and noticed that we had zero midfield against a big, physical side who’s players made ours look tiny and easily brushed aside , we need to toughen up and show some teeth! Too whimsical and lightweight...Hugely disappointing...:yawn:

Almost like he has created a team in his own image. 

34 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Almost like he has created a team in his own image. 

Or perhaps an alternative view might be that he lacks the tactical nous, variety, ideas- whatever- to get the best out of more established players. Internationals, from higher divisions in varied cases, perhaps used to more suitable tactics.

Long been a slight concern about LJ that I've held. Hope he proves me very much wrong!

Archived