IGNORED

What is our identity that LJ always bangs on about?

Lez

On 17/12/2019 at 14:00, spudski said:

My gut instinct when I hear LJ talk about our 'Identity'...is not one of a playing style...but one of ' Character' on the pitch.

I read this online in part of an interview, and it struck a chord.

What are the factors that help a team establish its identity?
What’s decisive is the role model function, the integrity. Everything I demand of others, I have to exemplify myself: credibility, reliability, honesty.

I think he knows what it is, or what he wants it to be, can imagine it and see it in his mind's eye - he just can't quite get his team to embody it on the pitch often enough/very often 

On 17/12/2019 at 10:32, Major Isewater said:

We think we are better than clubs like Preston, Blackburn, Wigan etc when, in reality, we have done nothing of consequence in our history.

Our best time was at the turn of the twentieth century when we were runners up in the FA cup and the league . 

Spot on Maj - we can only dream of having the histories and achievements of the three clubs you mentioned - we are treading water, we ain’t going anywhere exciting soon ....

20 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Sorry to resurrect this thread but blimey Holden's banging on about it now.

His description of how we play and the ability of our players is at odds with the way I see things and I'm not just talking about the last three games.

It was cringeworthy. DNA, identity ...it’s meaningless. 

Archived