IGNORED

Neil Shipperley!! Seriously, WTF!!! Warning, story may cause distress.

Tipps69

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Anyone else think that is a shockingly poor penalty (no pun intended) to pay for such a vile act?

Not only is it wrong full stop, but to follow someone in that way is very disturbing.

If the daughter was younger than 16 I assume he would have been treated as a paedophile and put on a sex offenders list?

I think exactly that, in my opinion he should be on the sex offenders list & should of been treated much harsher.

I would prefer a much more medieval approach to justice, and my God would it be effective.

For example, you steal you have a finger, or in worse case, a hand chopped off; for this crime Shhipperly has his manhood chopped off.

Too excessive?  Perhaps, but at least he can't reoffend!

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes who would be distressed over someone masterbating in front of a women and kids in broad daylight.

Im distressed at people who find this sort of thing tounge in cheek.

Hes admitted doing it fgs, nothing to do with a bbc a wrong un full stop

Pretty sure Spudski was referring to anyone on here who would be distressed reading a third party story that didn't concern them.  Clearly it'll be distressing for the victims, but I can't imagine anyone on here will be seeking counselling after reading about it!

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I would prefer a much more medieval approach to justice, and my God would it be effective.

For example, you steal you have a finger, or in worse case, a hand chopped off; for this crime Shhipperly has his manhood chopped off.

Too excessive?  Perhaps, but at least he can't reoffend!

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar; you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say." - Tyrion Lannister

8 hours ago, spudski said:

I'm more worried about the people who will get distressed over such a story, it's on a BBC website that anyone can read and doesn't deem it distressing...unless it was tongue in cheek Tipsy ??

I was thinking more along the lines of any member of this forum that may of had the misfortune of being part of some sort of sexual abuse in the past Spud, I didn’t think it would of been very appropriate to of posted such a story without some sort of warning!

Sorry if that seems a little extreme but I didn’t post the story because I found it funny because I don’t find any part of this story funny, I posted it to because it was an ex footballer who would of been idolised buy lots of young people in the past & now look what he’s gone onto! I just wanted anyone who may of been the victim of some form of sexual abuse to be aware the story wasn’t there for ‘shits & giggles’!

43 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of any member of this forum that may of had the misfortune of being part of some sort of sexual abuse in the past Spud, I didn’t think it would of been very appropriate to of posted such a story without some sort of warning!

Sorry if that seems a little extreme but I didn’t post the story because I found it funny because I don’t find any part of this story funny, I posted it to because it was an ex footballer who would of been idolised buy lots of young people in the past & now look what he’s gone onto! I just wanted anyone who may of been the victim of some form of sexual abuse to be aware the story wasn’t there for ‘shits & giggles’!

Fair enough mate... wasn't trying to be cantankerous.

However...from your Title heading, anyone that had been abused wouldn't have had a clue that the story contained such a topic.

'Distressed' could cover any topic...you could turn on the news everyday not knowing what to expect...War, abuse, murder...most days... unfortunately it's the world we live in, and most people will be effected or think about something that's triggered by news stories.

Sad...but true.

Every time I hear about someone committing Suicide... I think about my best friend and finding his body...but I'm not going to get distressed about it. It happened...it's life...we deal with it.

All good though mate ?

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

However...from your Title heading, anyone that had been abused wouldn't have had a clue that the story contained such a topic.

'Distressed' could cover any topic...you could turn on the news everyday not knowing what to expect...War, abuse, murder...most days... unfortunately it's the world we live in, and most people will be effected or think about something that's triggered by news stories.

Sad...but true.

Every time I hear about someone committing Suicide... I think about my best friend and finding his body...but I'm not going to get distressed about it. It happened...it's life...we deal with it.

All good though mate ?

Sorry about your pal....awful

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

Sad...but true.

All good though mate ?

I get that mate but you wouldn’t expect to come onto a football forum to read about an ex-professional ‘knocking one out’ over a mother & daughter. Any form of warning is better than no form of warning as far as I’m concerned in these circumstances.

If I had explained what the story was about in the title, the title could of upset people, there’s just no winning under the circumstances.

6 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

An appearance 'UP' before the bench… 

the judges have made their decision...  

...the score's are in ...the experts weren't impressed..

080420-dwsjudge-hmed-5p.grid-6x2.jpg

...disappointing anti-climax for Mr Shipperley. 

@WhistleHappy When he left school he told all of his friends that he was going to be a comedian. Well, I can tell you, they're not laughing now.

6 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I get that mate but you wouldn’t expect to come onto a football forum to read about an ex-professional ‘knocking one out’ over a mother & daughter. Any form of warning is better than no form of warning as far as I’m concerned in these circumstances.

If I had explained what the story was about in the title, the title could of upset people, there’s just no winning under the circumstances.

Fair enough Pal...perhaps I've become hard in my aging years. I find the whole 'distressed' and 'offended' thing is taken too far these days.

I look at older Generations and see how they've been through terrible wars etc and seen awful things...yet they got on with life. 

You can't read a paper, watch the news or even watch a Soap without 'abuse' being a topic.

Weird when you think about it...people watching TV programmes that cover such topics...all in the name of entertainment...

Less than 400 quid fine and a bit of c/s? Pathetic really, especially when you compare it to the lads fighting on park st who are now sat in nick. Some ****** did this to my Mrs a few years back. It really affected her for some time.

8 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Pretty sure Spudski was referring to anyone on here who would be distressed reading a third party story that didn't concern them.  Clearly it'll be distressing for the victims, but I can't imagine anyone on here will be seeking counselling after reading about it!

It might not turn you stomach steve and spud but it does mine.

Archived